Great Race 6/22/19 Riverside, Ca - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By vidj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Great Race 6/22/19 Riverside, Ca

1st time this National event starts on the West Coast Saturday 6/22/19 10am teams from America United Kingdom Canada Australia Switzerland Japan 9 days 2300 miles Inland Empire Riverside, Ca to Pacific Northwest Tacoma, Wa $150,000 prize money. Figure Saturday start will be crowded strolled downtown Thursday 6/20/19 captured some Sights & Sounds out front of host hotel. Enjoy!

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3tWEaj3Fk

Pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/picsby...57709181809783
CoopSky likes this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:24 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Garage
Here is the Great Race...for u young'uns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9biklE2wA6M
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

True

The event was started in 1983 by Tom McRae and it takes its name from the 1965 movie, The Great Race, which starred Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Natalie Wood and Peter Falk. The movie is a comedy based on the real life 1908 automobile race from New York to Paris. In 2004, Tony Curtis was the guest of the Great Race and rode in his car from the movie, the Leslie Special.

https://www.greatrace.com/news/2019-...de-tacoma.html
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Garage
I saw a few of them on Dominigoni Expressway this afternoon. A 36 Ford Coupe was stopped right by the MWD entrance. I stopped and talked to them, but they had a sweeper vehicle coming to pick them up or help. The car had Hagerty all over it. Nice people. Then as I was making a left a few more passed by me. I got a picture of a 1947 Chevy Coupe, (I think). Saw a few more in the rear view mirror. Should have turned around and got more pictures, but was in a hurry. Had just finished my bike ride and was dead tired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4541.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	455.6 KB
ID:	105403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4543.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	105405  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I saw a few of them on Dominigoni Expressway this afternoon. A 36 Ford Coupe was stopped right by the MWD entrance. I stopped and talked to them, but they had a sweeper vehicle coming to pick them up or help. The car had Hagerty all over it. Nice people. Then as I was making a left a few more passed by me. I got a picture of a 1947 Chevy Coupe, (I think). Saw a few more in the rear view mirror. Should have turned around and got more pictures, but was in a hurry. Had just finished my bike ride and was dead tired.
Majority of them had auto transporter deliver cars so they were all over Inland Empire getting seat time fine tuning test driver/nav runs preppin' for 9 days 2300 miles in attempt to win the prize was told 9 yrs ago 13 yr old & his Grandpa won Great Race took home $100,000 1st Place the two had been to several starting when the kid was 8 yrs old. Couldn't resist had so much fun hanging out Thurs went back down for the Great Race 2019 Official Start talk about fun closed down Mission Inn Av 150 cars side by side next to Mission Inn & hundreds of people Riverside did the Inland Empire proud glad I went both days it was the 1st time starting on the West Coast though I'm told it has ended in San Bernadoo before this close couldn't miss it. Still working on the video lots of V8 horsepower Sights & Sounds just posted Great Race 2019 Official Start pics. Enjoy!
Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Site said something about token expired so I'll attempt to post tomorrow
Please push the back button and reload the previous window.

Last edited by vidj; 06-23-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in