Saturn Sky Forum banner

John Hennessey

11K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Slowbro 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Somehow I find it hard to believe that John Hennesey would even post on a chat forum.

Maybe a John Hennesey, but not the one that works over Vipers. :lol:

I think there is some identity theft going on.

BUT if it is true then Lets pick some E-fights with the American Chopper Crew LOL!

#6 ·
The fall of JH? That link from the OP is from mid 2006. Nothing new.
Might not be new, but it was new to me and I consider it a good read. He may develop his own version of the Sky as he does more then just Vipers. I hear he has done Corvettes so working on a kappa might be in his head. Great tuner, poor buisness man.
Take his Venom GT concept

Lotus Exige

There is already controversy and from what I've read he does not have permission from Group Lotus for the design. :banghead:

"It is a concept at present but would be fitted with Hennessy’s snappily-titled Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 engine, and 0-60 mph is expected to take just 2.5 seconds."
"'The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron."

Nice thought but I see copyright infringement and the frame twisting as the tiny car experiences over 1000+ HP. Might as well go out and buy a Caterham for cheaper and get the same 0-60.

#5 ·
I own a Viper and was involved in the Viper club years ago. I can tell you that the stories are real. John does also fight this stuff out in the public forums. I remember one well respected member of the Viper Club web site had written on the clubs web site about how his car had been at Johns shop for something like a YEAR and had gotten excuses one after the other. Another Viper Club bulliten board member (like skyroadster.com) flew him to Hennesseys shop in his private plane to confront John in person, and John called the police and had the guy ARRESTED. Not hearsay....Fact.

#9 ·
Tesla Roadster is pretty much what you are talking about Doc, its a Lotus with an electric engine marketed under a different brand. Great car but they are kinda screwing over their customers with back orders and offering people off the street a car there and then for twenty thousand more then what the people waiting for a Telsa are paying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.