Lambor.....ghini - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lambor.....ghini

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Hmmm, so what's half of one cost
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
More like a Lamborgonie.
Not sure how fast the Lambo was going but sure looks like the guy turning left was at fault.

'09 RL Ruby Red Manual
3rd brake pulser-seq'l tail lights
Retracting motorized front license
HID low beam & fogs
3" Magnaflow
DDM Works - Charge Tubes,Cross Bay Brace,Tunnel Brace,Center Console,Fender Trim,Sway bars,Drilled Rotors,Hawk pads
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
no question the person turning left just spent all their insurance money plus some.

I carry 250k damage insurance and that is only enough to cover half of this car.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Some states, such as Virginia, have laws that state if you speed you GIVE UP right of way. In VA, the Lambo driver (assuming he was speeding) would likely be faulted.

I'm guessing NY probably has similar laws because based on the report, neither driver was cited. This indicates the police didn't want to cite the Nissan driver if the the Lambo was speeding, and didn't want to cite the Lambo driver if he wasn't speeding. Let the investigation figure that out.

PSA: Please don't speed (particularly excessively) with the expectation you deserve the right of way in instances where you would otherwise have it.

Doubly so if you have a low profile vehicle capable of rapid acceleration background masked by park cars on a residential roadway without daytime running lights.

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Either way, BOTH drivers were idiots...

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have had so many people turn in front of me, try to change lanes into me, try to run over me at a stop light, try to t-bone me; that I just assume no one the street can see a Sky.

Sent from my DALEK MOBILE DEVICE using Exterminate.Com Free App
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 View Post
I have had so many people turn in front of me, try to change lanes into me, try to run over me at a stop light, try to t-bone me; that I just assume no one the street can see a Sky.
No your right, and it don't matter what car you are in either...
Bad drivers are just that bad drivers..

that is why I AM an expert defensive driver...

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
that is why I AM an expert defensive driver...
One of my comments to young "up and coming" drivers (to include my kids) is driving well is not so much how good you can drive your car and obey the traffic rules, but it's your ability to account for how bad other drivers are and their inability to obey the rules.

The smaller your vehicle (motorcycle drivers can attest to this), the easier it is to get lost in the clutter or fit in a blind spot....essentially becoming invisible. Add SPEED to invisibility, and you have a dangerous combination.

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
One of my comments to young "up and coming" drivers (to include my kids) is driving well is not so much how good you can drive your car and obey the traffic rules, but it's your ability to account for how bad other drivers are and their inability to obey the rules.

The smaller your vehicle (motorcycle drivers can attest to this), the easier it is to get lost in the clutter or fit in a blind spot....essentially becoming invisible. Add SPEED to invisibility, and you have a dangerous combination.
Well Bogie, In my case it was driven into my skull early on by a very smart master sergeant in the Army..Ever since then I picked up on it and is always on my mind...

When I am driving I don't worry much about myself, however, I will see you coming and automatically start thinking what is that guy (or gal) gonna do?? It has saved my life down here more that you know.. I also had a bike, many years ago, all I'll say is I'm grateful I'm still here, after being cut off by a drunk Ohio driver (after he cut me off) I locked up the bike and almost avoided the idiot, and a redneck in his big pick up truck... I survived those encounters even tho I clipped the drunk and did a loopty-loop and ended up in the middle of the road looking up at the sky, and the truck incident, well in that case a guard rail saved my ass from going into a canal, at least he was sober and admitted that he didn't see me..

Those incidents and riding a motorcycle ingrained into my DNA defensive driving.. I won't bore you on the blood alley (Alligator Alley when it was a 2 lane death trap road).. head-on collision I avoided going 70MPH when an old man decided to pass a gas tanker truck with his wife screaming her ass off with what I believe were his 2 grandchildren in the back seat.. He froze at the wheel, while I turned off the road onto the grass and rocked while I did the cha-cha -cha to maintain control..... His wifes image and the kids are ingrained into my memory..

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 09-25-2013 at 07:56 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Garage
I'm going to sound like an old fart here, but the quality of driving I see today is nowhere near what it was 10 or 20 years ago. I see people intentionally driving through red lights early in the morning because hey - why should they wait when there is obviously no traffic?

I saw a woman in an SUV today pull from the right lane into the left lane when the road narrowed to one lane, without looking or signaling, and she almost forced a smaller car into oncoming traffic. She was behind me so I couldn't tell if she was distracted (e.g. talking illegally on a cell phone), or just stupid.

I think that given the foregoing, GM dropped the ball by not spending a couple of extra bucks and adding the second horn to all the Kappas - one of the first thing I did and it makes them much louder/more noticeable.

I see bonehead driving all around me every day. I've been driving small sports cars for many years and like motorcycles, only the vigilant will get through unscathed over the long term!

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 12:02 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
I'm going to sound like an old fart here, but the quality of driving I see today is nowhere near what it was 10 or 20 years ago. I see people intentionally driving through red lights early in the morning because hey - why should they wait when there is obviously no traffic?

I saw a woman in an SUV today pull from the right lane into the left lane when the road narrowed to one lane, without looking or signaling, and she almost forced a smaller car into oncoming traffic. She was behind me so I couldn't tell if she was distracted (e.g. talking illegally on a cell phone), or just stupid.

I think that given the foregoing, GM dropped the ball by not spending a couple of extra bucks and adding the second horn to all the Kappas - one of the first thing I did and it makes them much louder/more noticeable.

I see bonehead driving all around me every day. I've been driving small sports cars for many years and like motorcycles, only the vigilant will get through unscathed over the long term!
Many of us have added Air Horns to get a better edge when trying to warn IDIOTS who do stupid stuff.

Her name is: "Dream Catcher"

'09 R/L LE
Ruby Red Striped
3 pedels
Blk. Top
Kappashield w/Artwork by Danne De Backer
6 Disc Monsoon
Tons of Kappasphere stuff!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post

Ditto here, did the same thing after I bought mine. I considered truck air horns, but feared the sound velocity would affect my acceleration

SoCal has to have the worst drivers in the US, perhaps due in part to the number of undocumented/unlicensed drivers, in part out of stupidity, but mostly by those that have unadulterated contempt for the law. Yesterday it was announced that ticket fees are going up out here. If you run a red light (only if you're actually pursued and caught) it will now cost you a cup of coffee under $500. If they need more revenue, they need only to get their butts out there and sit at ANY intersection and wait for a red-light runner; they won’t have to wait long either. Unfortunately that’s not as exciting as participating in a high speed chase, so enforcing minor infractions like running a red light, doing 90 on the freeway, and blowing through stop signs seems to be very low on their personal priority list.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 07:46 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post
no question the person turning left just spent all their insurance money plus some.

I carry 250k damage insurance and that is only enough to cover half of this car.
That's perfect - since only half the car was obliterated

Video is no longer working - don't recall where the sun was and if there was a hill etc - the guy turning right may have been driving into the sub and the Lambo may have been below the horizon from the other driver's perspective.

A week or so ago I was driving - top down - sunglasses on - into the sun - in the left lane out of two going my direction - over the right lane was the shade of a large tree - and a pedestrian crossing the street standing in the middle of the right lane - and I was unable to see him until I entered the shade of the tree and he was along side my front tire - had I been in the right lane I'd have likely been wearing him as a hat.

'09 RL Ruby Red Manual
3rd brake pulser-seq'l tail lights
Retracting motorized front license
HID low beam & fogs
3" Magnaflow
DDM Works - Charge Tubes,Cross Bay Brace,Tunnel Brace,Center Console,Fender Trim,Sway bars,Drilled Rotors,Hawk pads

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in