Looking to buy New Vehicle in 2015 Budget 100K - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
I agree with some of the others here, The JAG is a sharp car. 2 door sports coupe. V6 or V8 power. Now if the wife was not interested in that, maybe an Audi A7/ S7 might be the one. Worth a look. I was impressed with the S7 review. Sharp car for the dollars or is that euros? If mama is happy, then all the other issues take a back seat. Do you buy with your heart? Wallet? Passion or practical? Insurance rates? American or Import. Japan or Italy. German or English. All have the plus and minus when it comes to the model you want. Research. Test drive the models both of you choose a lot. Color and options are next up. What do you want, and what will she want. Far apart or are your choices closer together?

Like Wayne says "It's all about the hunt. " To me it is all about the "deal" What dealer will give me the best bang for my buck. What are they willing to do for me( in your case us) to seal the deal so you are happy with your purchase. Won't your neighbors be surprised when you pull up in your new special. Just like the commercial, the Jones's just got a new car. What model did they get? I don't know. What ever you choose, for what ever reason, in the end it's your money, buy what you are both happy with, and planning the first "road trip" in the new car, will be as exciting for you both, as pulling into the driveway for the first time. High neighbors, check this out!

LAC
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Did Frank (Midniteblues) buy a Porsche 911 Carrera S and not tell us.
I think I saw his User Name "MidnitePorsche" in the MYPORSCHE.COM website asking question about changing to better tires on his newly purchased Porsche.
He hasn't been hanging around here like he use to, we miss Frank!.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Im here, no new car yet, still studying, saving that pile of cash...It takes time you know..
No talkie here cause I have nothing to say ATM..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Only problem with the F-type for me is that they don't sell it with a manual transmission. Other than that, it seems like a great car.

"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/SOLO Exhaust
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Im here, no new car yet, still studying, saving that pile of cash...It takes time you know..
MB, the new Aston-Martin Vantage GT, would be a nice car, for you and your lady.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Only problem with the F-type for me is that they don't sell it with a manual transmission. Other than that, it seems like a great car.
Actually, with the 2016 model year, the RWD V6 version gets a 6 speed ZF manual, and all versions (I think) get optional AWD, with a rear biased torque split.

Source

Also, if you are looking at 4 door sport-luxury cars, don't forget that new entry level Maserati starts around $70k.

Maserati Ghibli

2008 Sky Redline: 5MT, GMPP, Solo HFC, Solo Mach Shorty, KN Typhoon, Werks Charge Pipes, Hahn FMIC
2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse: slow DD

Last edited by gearbhall; 01-22-2015 at 04:55 PM.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
OK Thanks Frank, let us know..
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

MB! Check this one out!

Electric Car Powered by Salt Water: 920 hp, 373 Miles/Tank | AETHERFORCE

Her name is: "Dream Catcher"

'09 R/L LE
Ruby Red Striped
3 pedels
Blk. Top
Kappashield w/Artwork by Danne De Backer
6 Disc Monsoon
Tons of Kappasphere stuff!
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 11:02 PM

Frank will do best with a His and Her's Harley-Davidson motorcycles and a His and Her's Kappa's (One SKY and the other a Solstice)......
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 AM

If I ever bought a new car at any price it'd definitely be the new c7 corvette. but 1) on a few years it will be used for half price and 2) your wife has no taste.

the f-type gets rave reviews, but the stingray and z07 get even better and for cheaper, almost universally. every mag, blog, and tv show I've seen drive it proclaim it the sports car for every enthusiast... handing like a euro, power like an American, and priced like a Japanese.

but I digress...at least she isn't stuck on an overpriced Mercedes or a douchebag-invoking bmw.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
my wife is rather picky on what she will ride in.. Doesn't want a vette, no stinking volt, no caddies of ANY type, no bmw's, no mercedes benze's.. if they still made a H2 I could make her happy, I'll even consider building a toyo CJ, but that has also been discontinued...so Im sorta stuck, I asked her what car on the road attracted her and so far she came up with one of these...

All Panamera Models - All Porsche Models - HOME - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Ask some leading questions from wife:

"What is it about the Vette that she doesn't like"? Looks? Ride? Sound? Reputation (Make and driver)? Ride Height?

"What does she like about the H2"? Same as above.

And follow up those leading questions with more leading to narrow down preferences. In my experience, with the right questioning, you can pretty much narrow down a selection. There is no right or wrong answers here. We all have preferences...what we like or don't like. And we have different levels of trade-off between the various factors involved.

It's important to ask LEADING questions that require discussion. Not yes/no or "pick" questions. I would never figure someone who leans toward the H2 scale and eshews the Vette scale would land on a Porsche as a pick.

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
If i had 100K to spend on car i'd love to get me a Ferrari F355, and that'd leave me at least $30K to spare.

For new cars that offer some utility i like the Grand Cherokee SRT. Just a bad ass SUV
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey23 View Post
If i had 100K to spend on car i'd love to get me a Ferrari F355, and that'd leave me at least $30K to spare.

For new cars that offer some utility i like the Grand Cherokee SRT. Just a bad ass SUV
Interesting thought of the Ferrari, that model however was only a limited production wasn't it? Why would you buy another orphaned car? Last one built was in 1999? 15 years old? no not for me.

Now the SRT need to be looked at for sure.. But not sure I want another SUV.. And the paint job I had on the first Cherokee I bought for my daughter, the paint starting flaking off from the roof.. Not impressed with Chrysler's paint jobs.. perhaps the Italians can paint better??

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Interesting thought of the Ferrari, that model however was only a limited production wasn't it? Why would you buy another orphaned car? Last one built was in 1999? 15 years old? no not for me.

Now the SRT need to be looked at for sure.. But not sure I want another SUV.. And the paint job I had on the first Cherokee I bought for my daughter, the paint starting flaking off from the roof.. Not impressed with Chrysler's paint jobs.. perhaps the Italians can paint better??
I have a 13 year old Dodge pickup. Paint is still in good condition. It helps to wax it once in a while.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
I have a 13 year old Dodge pickup. Paint is still in good condition. It helps to wax it once in a while.
Indeed, I have owned Chryslers in the past with superb paint jobs.. In this case I describe the thing was brand new, less that 6 months old when it started happening. I suspect that the body was not properly prepped before painting.. I always take care of my paint on all my cars. I spend BIG buck for high quality Wolfgand stuff from We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store AND from a former sponsor Adams car products Adam's Polishes | Premium Car Care Supplies.. So it wasn't a maintenance issue per se..

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in