More GM Airbag Woes. - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Garage
Okay, that makes sense. I am amazed that they sell the car for racing and include a warranty. To be honest. I know when I had my new 70's vehicles and was heavy into drag racing, Ford and Chevy were adamant that the car was not to be used for drag racing, and warranty was not available. But both actually fixed things, and knew they were. A slightly different time frame of when things happened seemed to bail me out.

I was leading a similar trail last summer in Ouray, not as rough, but much more dangerous, with 300 to 500 foot cliffs on the sides. Only wide enough for the truck to get thru with the outtside tire over the edge in several areas. I wanted to take Rob the Elder with me, but he never showed up!!!!! 44th Sky has been out with me for a few runs. He says he is not going back.

I bought the GMC pick up to service remote micro wave towers. It was a total waste of effort. I like the truck a lot. Fantastic performance when towing. But it just does not work off road. Maybe they have put some Nannies in the 2019 that will help it. Toyota has their ATRAC system, locking rear diff and crawl control, controlled descent. The GMC has the braking control. I never use it.

Glad to hear that GM is covering the guys truck, and I think I heard that there are others.

I have to go to Poison Spyder next week to set up a new jeep. Do to my retirement, the company is buying a new Jeep for the team. I feel confident it will work as required. I told them not to buy the GMC or the Toyota. Toyota went to a smaller engine and has some type of emissions control on it that it does not work off road very well. You can buy a modue to fix it, plug and play but have heard varying reports on it. I have only had two Toyotas in my life and they have been 4x4's. Best performing, best reliability I have ever encountered.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in