Motorcycle vs Roadster? - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari
If you have ever driven a motorcycle during rush hour you would know that they can get through stop and go traffic much easier do to it's size and acceleration capabilities. I not saying they are breaking any traffic laws but a motorcycle can weave through traffic very easy.

I commute to work at least twice a week on my VFR800 on good weather days. My commute is 25-30 minutes via car; 18-25 minutes via bike. The only issue I have is getting dressed and undressed for riding is time-consuming and plays a role in my not driving more often. But the thrill of acceleration on bike is unlike that of any sports car. Going 0-60 in 3 seconds or 0-100 under 8 seconds is unbelievable!! Most $10k sport bikes can do these numbers too.
well to save 5 to 7 minutes on your commute, not subtracting the time it takes you to get ready to ride, and then weaving in and out of traffic to save a few precious minutes is really a lame excuse for driving like that..
don't you think that that is what gives motorcycle riders a bad reputation, accelerating at breakneck speed and darting through traffic? have you ever considered that one day someone in a car may not see you coming through and when you zig they will zag and you will meet in a big pile in the road? keep this type driving up, it is just a matter of time before someone in a car is in just as much of a hurry as you... and to me it is not tollarable in either a car or mortorcycle...
If you feel that you can do whatever you want on your bike just because it can do it, then you have proven my point about inconsiderate motorcycle riders....
EVERYONE!! Please start driving with respect and courtesy to other drivers whether your in a car or riding a motorcycle, everyone needs to share the road, so please OBEY the law....

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!

Last edited by SkyMan 08; 07-03-2005 at 11:31 AM. Reason: change word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic66vair
If you feel that you can do whatever you want on your bike just because it can do it, then you have proven my point about inconsiderate motorcycle riders....
EVERYONE!! Please start driving with respect and courtesy to other drivers whether your in a car or riding a motorcycle, everyone needs to share the road, so please OBEY the law....
Here we go again, another car driver thinking that all motorcycles are dangerous, rude, and idiots on the road. You really don't understand what driving a motorcycle is all about; you need to get out from behind the wheel and actually drive a real sports vehicle to understand! Being able to move better through traffic is not say they are doing anything stupid or illegal! Just like a sports car is lighter than a family sedan and makes lane changes and better time through turns; motorcycles does the same thing to the sports car. Granted there are squids out there that give motorcycling a bad name, but if you ever been on a sports bike you can understand why these kids can be so stupid, just because it's like drug to them and being stupid is easier to do then being smart on the road.

Motorcycling in Europe is so much better than here in the US. Europeans understand the art of driving better than most Americans. Motorcycling is a fun activity; often a small group of us will go up to the mountains and backroads and drive for 200-300 miles in an afternoon. How often have you done this in a sports car???
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Here we go again, another car driver thinking that all motorcycles are dangerous, rude, and idiots on the road. You really don't understand what driving a motorcycle is all about; you need to get out from behind the wheel and actually drive a real sports vehicle to understand! Being able to move better through traffic is not say they are doing anything stupid or illegal! Just like a sports car is lighter than a family sedan and makes lane changes and better time through turns; motorcycles does the same thing to the sports car. Granted there are squids out there that give motorcycling a bad name, but if you ever been on a sports bike you can understand why these kids can be so stupid, just because it's like drug to them and being stupid is easier to do then being smart on the road.

Motorcycling in Europe is so much better than here in the US. Europeans understand the art of driving better than most Americans. Motorcycling is a fun activity; often a small group of us will go up to the mountains and backroads and drive for 200-300 miles in an afternoon. How often have you done this in a sports car???
Ok i can see i will never convince you and vice versa..so please lets drop this part of the discussion before it escallates any further... I am sorry if i offended you, but I will assure you I have had experience in the areas you question me on...
back to the origonal question now, about having a 25,000 dollar motorcycle or a 25,000 dollar roadster... as I stated in a previous post this was not about sport bikes but crusier motorcycles.
Thanks for your concern and information...

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
But I still love Skys!

Last edited by SkyMan 08; 07-04-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: miss spelled words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM

Correct the two types of vehicles do not really compare. Both offer different levels of enjoyment; this is why I own both myself.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Correct the two types of vehicles do not really compare. Both offer different levels of enjoyment; this is why I own both myself.
agree. apples and oranges. they are both good. personally I'll stick with a vert, but I always wanted a bike after I went through the motorcycle safety class and learned to ride.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:40 AM

I"m going to have both because I think "He who dies with the most toys wins".
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

One of the fellas I have been having this discussion with at work went on a 700 mile ride last weekend on his Honda Goldwing... he said about halfway through he was so miserable from the heat off the road, no cool air at all and the wind burn he didn't think he would make it back... I just smiled, and didn't say a word....In my Sky I would have first turned the airconditioner on full, and if that still was too hot I would put the top up untill it started cooling off...

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
But I still love Skys!
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 AM

On the way to the nationals a Truck load of Ski-Do's and cam-Ams and they are called Roadsters on their shipping cartons

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in