New Saturn Corsa - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Saturn Corsa

Here is the picture of the new Saturn Corsa...

Atleast that is what came out today. This is the Opel Corsa that was shown at the Paris show, but GM is planning on selling it here in North America under the Saturn badge- maybe built in Tennessee.
Notice the headlights are the same as the Sky.

What do you think? Will it help the battle for the small car sales? It is going to be pitted against cars like the Toyota Yaris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saturncorsa.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	7221   Click image for larger version

Name:	corsa_wallpaper3.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	7222  

Last edited by Kustomkaps; 10-04-2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added original photo back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM

So will Opel... I mean Saturn, have the Corsa AND the Astra in it's lineup next year?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

I believe they said the Corsa would be about 4 to 5 years out as it just came out in EU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Ok, so the Astra will replace the ION sooner, like... next year, as an '08. And then the Corsa a few years later.

I'm very interested to see what version of the Astra we'll get. I wouldn't mind the twintop
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
If Saturn/GM is planning for the Corsa, I really hope they don't delay the release 4 - 5 years from now. If the Aveo, Yaris, Versa and Fit are all out now, growing in popularity and making headlines... waiting to release this will only make it an also ran.

Well, I guess any time is a good time for a good looking and economical car. Can't wait to see it.

Adler
SMS TB
FalkenTires
Rear Camera
ACE 18" Rims
Custom Paint
JL Audio Amp
JL 13TW5 Sub
SMS Headers
Vertical Doors
Pioneer AVIC-Z1
JL Audio Surrounds
Functional Hood Vents
KappaSphere - Saturn MotorSports

3800: 6-20-06 vin 3895
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todaresqSL2 View Post
If Saturn/GM is planning for the Corsa, I really hope they don't delay the release 4 - 5 years from now.
They will. It isn't as simple as just bringing the car over. In order to meet federal safety regulations it's going to take a lot of re-engineering. My guess is that this car won't make it over, but the next-gen Corsa will.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 12:50 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPhelix View Post
They will. It isn't as simple as just bringing the car over. In order to meet federal safety regulations it's going to take a lot of re-engineering. My guess is that this car won't make it over, but the next-gen Corsa will.
I just still hope they don't wait that long. I am aware of the disparity between U.S. and European crash safety tests... which thankfully for my family in Europe, is getting closer and closer to the US standards.

According to all the vehicle news reports over the last week or so, it will be the next generation Corsa as you said... just funny that they would announce it just as the current design is being released for sale there. Like people are going to say, I really need a small car, but I will wait 4-5 years for the Corsa instead of buying the Aveo/Yaris/Versa/Fit which is available right now. Possibly they said it to quell the rumor mill that started suggesting this generation would.

Adler
SMS TB
FalkenTires
Rear Camera
ACE 18" Rims
Custom Paint
JL Audio Amp
JL 13TW5 Sub
SMS Headers
Vertical Doors
Pioneer AVIC-Z1
JL Audio Surrounds
Functional Hood Vents
KappaSphere - Saturn MotorSports

3800: 6-20-06 vin 3895
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by todaresqSL2 View Post
I just still hope they don't wait that long. I am aware of the disparity between U.S. and European crash safety tests... which thankfully for my family in Europe, is getting closer and closer to the US standards.

According to all the vehicle news reports over the last week or so, it will be the next generation Corsa as you said... just funny that they would announce it just as the current design is being released for sale there. Like people are going to say, I really need a small car, but I will wait 4-5 years for the Corsa instead of buying the Aveo/Yaris/Versa/Fit which is available right now. Possibly they said it to quell the rumor mill that started suggesting this generation would.

And the concept for GM gaining ground on the imports is changing how??
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPhelix View Post
and it will be called the Saturn PreVue........

five different motors and two of them will be hybreds
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoki View Post
Ok, so the Astra will replace the ION sooner, like... next year, as an '08. And then the Corsa a few years later. I'm very interested to see what version of the Astra we'll get. I wouldn't mind the twintop
My Saturn dealer just got back from a regional Saturn event, and they said that they are shooting for the Astra in Spring 2007 (as a 2008 model), and another Opel model (Corsa?) before the end of 2008. I don't know if this is rumor or official.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richm View Post
My Saturn dealer just got back from a regional Saturn event, and they said that they are shooting for the Astra in Spring 2007 (as a 2008 model), and another Opel model (Corsa?) before the end of 2008. I don't know if this is rumor or official.
......It is an official rumor....

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in