Not good at all! - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Sky News The latest news and press on the Saturn Sky in one location.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotHeadNation View Post
i was planning on buying mine new too, but I was suprised by looking around, so keep your eye pealed, someone might just drop a listing out there, and you might be lucky and getting a virutally new one like mine
If I could get a deal like yours I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Although I would be a bit skeptical as to why a sky is being sold with 800 miles on it.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simkow View Post
If I could get a deal like yours I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Although I would be a bit skeptical as to why a sky is being sold with 800 miles on it.
long story but the guy was a land developer in MD, EXTREMELY rich, so he had just bought a R8 and a GTR, he has many other fancy cars, etc..he owns the land on which the small dealership sits. He had it in his garage for his wife, but she insisted on driving her little old saab, so he was trying to get something back for it.. It was a dealer to dealer transaction from Saturn of York to this small indy dealership. Which is why it was never titled, just ran dealer tags for a sunday drive or two...and why I got a hell of a deal, just pays to keep an eye out

2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x
- Supercharged 1,498 CC
- 0 to 30 in 1.8sec
2004 Saleen S281 S/C
- Supercharged 281ci
- 1 of 101 S/C Coupes in 2004
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 PM

Just read the two articles and I've got to tell you, it looks bad. If GM doesn't kill Pontiac we can still get our cars serviced there, but what happens to parts that are unique to the Sky (body and interior parts)? Will GM maintain a depot for these items?

What do you all think about the future value of the Sky? My guess is the value will drop drastically in the next few years, then slowly people will come to realize that the Sky is a very special car and will someday become a classic, but that may be more than 10 years off. Personally, I'm planning to keep my Sky until one of us dies.

Larry4pyro
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry4pyro View Post
Just read the two articles and I've got to tell you, it looks bad. If GM doesn't kill Pontiac we can still get our cars serviced there, but what happens to parts that are unique to the Sky (body and interior parts)? Will GM maintain a depot for these items?

What do you all think about the future value of the Sky? My guess is the value will drop drastically in the next few years, then slowly people will come to realize that the Sky is a very special car and will someday become a classic, but that may be more than 10 years off. Personally, I'm planning to keep my Sky until one of us dies.

Larry4pyro
If I recall correctly, GM is required to maintain a parts bank to support its warranty obligations so you should have no issues with getting the parts for the sky. Future values, however, are a completely different story. If the brand dies then the resale values will most likely drop significantly (as with Oldsmobile).
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry4pyro View Post

Larry4pyro
Who cares, I'll do what the guys who own Deloreans do, park it the garage with a tarp over its head.. Unless I need the space for something better, in that case I'll sell it to the highest bidder, or to whomever values it most, trust me, the car AND parts will carry a premium in the future if they stop producing.., & I agree, 'bout 10 years or so, when did the deloreans stop?

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Auto brands going the way of the Dodo has been happening since the auto first appeared. We'll figure it out when it comes time to. Until then, let's quit speculating. I had a Plymouth Prowler when Plymouth became defunct. Chrysler took care of it.

2008 Sky Redline
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Who cares, I'll do what the guys who own Deloreans do, park it the garage with a tarp over its head.. Unless I need the space for something better, in that case I'll sell it to the highest bidder, or to whomever values it most, trust me, the car AND parts will carry a premium in the future if they stop producing.., & I agree, 'bout 10 years or so, when did the deloreans stop?
I think it was 1982 when the last Delorians stopped. You could pick them up cheap in the early 80's. I remember trying to win one when I was 11-12 at the Burger King or Mc Donald's game. When they used the car for Back to the Future movie.

Only 6500 Delorians were made though. I think 100,000K+ Sky's, Solstice and Opel have been made so it's not really rare.

07 SKY Redline Silver
  • Red/Black Leather
  • JPM Custom: Dash, Side panels, Shift boot, Center console Red leather
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdoc777 View Post
I think it was 1982 when the last Delorians stopped. You could pick them up cheap in the early 80's. I remember trying to win one when I was 11-12 at the Burger King or Mc Donald's game. When they used the car for Back to the Future movie.

Only 6500 Delorians were made though. I think 100,000K+ Sky's, Solstice and Opel have been made so it's not really rare.
Eh, Delorians are still cheap. Why else would Jessie James use 2 of them to make a hovercraft.

Fiberglass Frame and Stainless steel body... Yeah, there was obviously coke floating around that company.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lozo130 Send a message via MSN to Lozo130 Send a message via Yahoo to Lozo130
It is a shame. My Sky RL will be my 4th Saturn and I've been in the brand since 97 or when i got my license. I do have to have a laugh at Lutz's comment about providing a great product... sure the cars available today are great... but he obviously forgot the fact that the S-series had a 12 year product cycle, the ION is one of the worst cars ever produced, the L series was a generation behind the competition when it came out, and wtf was the Relay... it's just too late to turn people around I think. But dropping Saturn and switching the Euro design in the US to Buick? Who the hell buys Buicks, and why is it considered a core GM brand... Saturn can be saved, if it went back to being what it was, A DIFFERENT kind of car and a DIFFERENT kind of company; not a lot full of rebadges...

SaturnRacingGroup.com Founding Member/Admin

2009 Sky RL Silver Pearl, GM Tune+ / 2001 SC2 Blue, Nitrous / 2007 Aura XR Midnight Blue
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:56 PM

Don't know bout in your areas, but I've seen turbo'd kapppas around here at wholesalers for 13-14k with LOW LOW miles, most with less than 5k ALL with less than 10k, if your like me and you bought yours new we're gonna be eating ALOT of depreciation over the next couple years.

R-U! Go Scarlet Knights!
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Actually, the following statement makes sense:

Quote:
GMI was told that the brand will be phased out down to three products; Aura, Vue and Sky. The final plug will be pulled sometime in the 2012 era. We also do not expect any future product from the brand from now on.
Wilmington tooling runs out in 2012. GM is committed to continue building the Solstice, and will likely keep building the SKY and Opel GT as long as there are buyers until the plant is closed. There is probably a similar story for the Aura and Vue. It will be a phase out as opposed to just...the end.

Saturn will continue producing the SKY (and Opel GT) over the next three years as long as there are buyers for it. The Wilmington shut down will phase with the Saturn shutdown.

The kappa will come to an end.

However, depending on the viability of the market in that time frame, don't be surprised to see a Solstice transition to GM's new Alpha architecture....itself a beneficiary of kappa design. But this probably won't happen until 2013 or later...depending on GM's ability to survive.

Again, the 2012 timeframe seems right because of how it ties in with the point where existing production comes to an end.

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozo130 View Post
Saturn can be saved, if it went back to being what it was,
A DIFFERENT kind of car and a DIFFERENT kind of company...
Hasta la vista GeneralisiMo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111GM222.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	30909  

T ~ In hoc signo vinces
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU-Sky View Post
Don't know bout in your areas, but I've seen turbo'd kapppas around here at wholesalers for 13-14k with LOW LOW miles, most with less than 5k ALL with less than 10k, if your like me and you bought yours new we're gonna be eating ALOT of depreciation over the next couple years.
Define "around here" please.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I just saw the wholesaler auction number for the Saturn dealer here in Dallas, and they were seeing base model 2006 Solstice selling for $15,000 to $16,000 all over the country. The Sky number were quite a bit higher, and the Turbo numbers were MUCH higher. I can't remember the number for them because I was busy figuring out what MY trade in was worth to them. No reason for them to show me number that were higher than reality since they obviously wanted to give me as little as possible for my car in trade. After going over all the auction numbers of what they could get a 2006 Solstice with low miles at auction, we settled on $15,500 trade in for my car. They immediately moved it over to the used car lot, and put it up for sale for $19,500!

2006 Deep Solstice NA...Traded in for:
2009 Sky Redline Ruby Red Limited Edition
5 speed manual/rear spoiler added/6 disc/Monsoon
GMPP Tune/MBRP Charge Pipes/DDM Backbone & Probeam/K&N Drop in/HIDs
*Thank You Bob Lutz* And Wilmington UAW 435
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU-Sky View Post
Point me in the direction of these mega deals. Cause if its true than I'm buying two of them. No joke. Give me a name of where you see these all the time.

Hers--RIP
07' Sunburst2.4l
2-14-07
3 pedals

Mine

08' Carbon Flash SE RL
6-4-08
3 pedals
No Goofy Spoiler
Vin# who cares

http://imsaturn.com/profile/sr819]
Closed Thread

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Sky News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in