post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Antonio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSky View Post

I did not see a cup holder, hmm..
As it drove away it was very quiet, so all those out there that think the Sky exhaust is tame, don't buy Ferrari sounds like a sissy car. I wonder if the Ferrari might have something like the V-8 Impala DOD (displacement on demand) that might give the guy his 55 MPG maybe. I guess us two Okies looked like that would be a reason to buy such a car, gas mileage, since he gave us the information without us asking. I should have said: "Gee gosh by darn mister our ole corvette gets 28 MPG on the highway cruising guess I better buy that there foreign car so I can get better gas mileage.” Yup!
I wonder what it cost to have work done on a Ferrari after the warranty runs out?

TulsaSky
My girlfriend's uncle owns a 2000? Ferrari Modena 360 and that thing is definitely NOT quiet. I've heard a few Ferrari's before and they also were the same, nice and loud. They have a different sound to them, compared to american grumble......but boy when you hit the gas, those things scream like a crotch rocket engine. I'm still workin on him to throw me the keys....I offered him the keys for my future Redline for a drive in exchange for his....and he just smiled and responded humbly...."nah.....that's ok I'm good."

EDIT: Oh, and as far as maintenance goes....he said his oil changes were around $500 a pop. And he was talking about how he needs his brakes done soon....which are a cool $10K. yowch!

But yeah, if you can afford a Ferrari, then you can afford the maintenance for a Ferrari.

HAD - '07 Redline -292 whp & 327 wtq - SOLD :(
HAVE - '02 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Fully built top end w/ bolt ons - 500+whp ALL MOTOR :)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=talkaboutblue

Last edited by Antonio; 12-27-2006 at 01:46 PM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have always been a car enthusiast. BUT, Ferrari, its just a name. the styling is nothing special. Its not about money and I'm glad some people seem to like the looks of that car. They are a mechanical nightmare and don't always start. Old technology at a premium price. The SKY RL on the other hand still has some quicks, but the body is extremely solid and the technology is state of the art. Oh did I mention it is an American car. Never been impressed with people who throw their money away over seas.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyRL View Post
I have always been a car enthusiast. BUT, Ferrari, its just a name. the styling is nothing special. Its not about money and I'm glad some people seem to like the looks of that car. They are a mechanical nightmare and don't always start. Old technology at a premium price. The SKY RL on the other hand still has some quicks, but the body is extremely solid and the technology is state of the art. Oh did I mention it is an American car. Never been impressed with people who throw their money away over seas.
Not to start this arguement again, but just because someone buys an imported product, you automatically think differently of them? That's incredibly arrogant. Yes, I'm buying an RL not because it's American, it's because it's a better car than it's foreign competition in its class. It just happens to be American. I think the "buy american" is good, but at the same time it's damaging our own product quality. If we continue to buy american products just because of where they come from, then there's no competition. No competition means improvement of features and quality slows down because of partial sales numbers. If the Redline wasn't as good as the Miata, and we actually bought the better car instead of the dumb "buy american" propaganda, Redline sales would drop and GM would be forced to IMPROVE IT. Thus improving the general quality of American Products.

/rant

back to the topic.....

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:55 PM

i love the sky and i cant wait till its in my garage...but you guys dont honestly believe that the sky is a better car than a ferrari?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
No argument with the issue against people who buy American just because it is American. But you gotta admit that there is also a group that will buy foreign just because it is not American.

Neither system is correct. Buy the better car at the better price. That's what Free Markets are made of.

First:"BABY" Silver Pearl 9 May 06
Then:"SPIRIT" Black Onyx Red Line 25 Oct 06

Check out My Photos!
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigiant View Post
No argument with the issue against people who buy American just because it is American. But you gotta admit that there is also a group that will buy foreign just because it is not American.

Neither system is correct. Buy the better car at the better price. That's what Free Markets are made of.

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:51 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FareedZahid View Post
i love the sky and i cant wait till its in my garage...but you guys dont honestly believe that the sky is a better car than a ferrari?
Not better, different. Very different. As for which one I would rather have? Actually, a SKY. Because if I had a Ferrari, I would have to pay to insure it, pay to maintain it, be paranoid to park it anywhere...

I own my SKY. A Ferrari would own me. Therefore, I would rather own a SKY, thank you very much.

First:"BABY" Silver Pearl 9 May 06
Then:"SPIRIT" Black Onyx Red Line 25 Oct 06

Check out My Photos!
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to MBVette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyRL View Post
A Ferrari is old technology Im not sure we are talking about the same car company.

You do know that technology is state of the art pulled straight from their F1 team. But hey if you think their technology is old, how old are the pushrod engines that the Corvettes use? (no Im not bashing Corvettes, I love them. Just they are based on an old tech, even though it works fantastically)

Triple Black Redline bought back as a lemon...
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:

..As it drove away it was very quiet, so all those out there that think the Sky exhaust is tame, don't buy Ferrari sounds like a sissy car. I wonder if the Ferrari might have something like the V-8 Impala DOD (displacement on demand) that might give the guy his 55 MPG maybe...
I know there are kitcars/fiberglassed bodies out there of the 360 that's being put on the older years of Toyota MR2.... perhaps you're mistaking one of these for a real one? I've seen some really well done kits of Ferrari 360 that are very close to the real thing, with all the rear engine conversions and everything. I was a quarter block away driving toward an intersection with a real F430 that was making a turn, and I swear the note that came out of that thing was nowhere near quiet.

Andy Cao
------------------------------------------
08.11.06 'adoniis'
07 Mysterious Solstice fully loaded.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Not better, different. Very different. As for which one I would rather have? Actually, a SKY. Because if I had a Ferrari, I would have to pay to insure it, pay to maintain it, be paranoid to park it anywhere...

I own my SKY. A Ferrari would own me. Therefore, I would rather own a SKY, thank you very much.

Say that again. I am paranoid enough about where I park my SKY, a can't imagine parking a Ferrari.

CWhiteSky
07 Polar White SKY w/ Tan Top ~ Black & Tan Interior / Auto / LSD / Monsoon Audio / 6 disc CD with MP3 & XM / OnStar / Decklid Spoiler / Windscreen / Opal GT Antenna
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:

While in Sunny Florida and at Wal-Mart yes in the Wally World parking lot and it was not even in the far Egypt parking lot but up close we saw this!

I see some familar lines on our Sky and for the price, wooser how much for the little pony ouch!
The owners came out while we were looking and said it gets 55 mpg, ok that nice for such a hefty price. The one we saw was a lighter gray but not the famous red, guess they do come in other colors now. Somthing very close to the sky no trunk they popped the trunk and I swear it had less room then the Sky!
I will take my Red Line over this Ferrari spyder any day.

TulsaSky
Very expensive, high maintenance. I will keep my R/L & Z06 with money left over in the bank

ERNEST

'04 Torch Red Corvette Coupe

'07 Corvette Z06 "Scarlett"
Victory Red
555.6 rwhp / 485.5 rwt N/A - No Spray

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I'll never understand delusional people who try to compare a Saturn favorably with a Ferrari. The mind boggles.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
No... I'm basing my decison on cup holders. I didn't see anything in the specs about cup holders. How can a spec sheet not list how many cup holders a car has?

What kind of piece of crap is that Ferrari anyway? No damned cup holders.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...
Not sure you should bring up the cup holder thing for a number of reasons.....

2007 Forest Green Redline
3 pedals
Monsoon/XM
Tan/Blk Leather
Chrome Wheels
Spoiler
Lil Chromies
Opel GT Antenna
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:

While in Sunny Florida and at Wal-Mart yes in the Wally World parking lot and it was not even in the far Egypt parking lot but up close we saw this!

I see some familar lines on our Sky and for the price, wooser how much for the little pony ouch!
The owners came out while we were looking and said it gets 55 mpg, ok that nice for such a hefty price. The one we saw was a lighter gray but not the famous red, guess they do come in other colors now. Somthing very close to the sky no trunk they popped the trunk and I swear it had less room then the Sky!
I will take my Red Line over this Ferrari spyder any day.

TulsaSky

I don't like thgem either !!! I'll take my Solstice GXP or a Sky any day. I would also question the 55mpg. Maybe some one on here would know if that mpg is correct. But I don't believe it.

And I don't think anyone is comparing the Sky to the ferrari jimbo, We're just stating that we don't like the ferrari and would rather have our kappas. ( or a vette )

Last edited by deluke; 09-09-2007 at 06:38 PM.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
mpg or mpl

was it mile per gallon or miles per liter?

if it was 55 miles per liter - that would work out to about 14.5 miles per gallon.

if money were no object - i would go with a koenigsegg ccr - which can even run on E85 or E100 fuel

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Roadster/Small RWD Market Competition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in