User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazygoat View Post
personally wouldn't get a pre 97 anything, but that is just me. But the NSX is one sweet car.

96 Toyota Supra?

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Those Cars are Hott,.. I prefer the Supra Design to NSX, but only cause I liked Fast And Furious. (stupid reason, I know) Movie cars are fun to own, Heck, I still want to supe up a Delorian!!

But, Im not a mechanic & don't want to learn how to be anytime soon.... Too Busy,.. So, I want something NEW that is in warranty & won't break down anytime soon.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
First 2000

NSX is true Porche eater (from same period), not comparable to Sky in any way. Just hope you never need parts because they are out of sight if you can even find them.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Reality check:

If the 10-year out-the-door amortized costs were identical for NSX's and for Sky's, wouldn't half of us be driving NSX's?

Somebody go buy a 10 year old NSX, put 100000 miles on it, and tell me it is still worth what you paid for it and how much you spent for maintenance, insurance and upkeep.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

So to answer your question, if I was rich I would buy the 10 year old NSX for the driving experience. Since I am not rich, I would buy the Sky.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Im going to agree with the people who say that the NSX is a great car and all things considered is the better choice than a Sky but also agree that you are comparing two totally different automobiles.

Its like saying would you rather have Payton Manning or Manny Ramirez... they cost the same... so which one do I pick? I mean, what sport are you playing? What are trying to accomplish? I don't think Payton could make a play in left field off the monster nor would Manny be willing to put out the effort to read a defense. I think each car does some things fantastic, just are you looking for ... a touchdown or a homerun?

1994 SC2 (Obituary)
2007 SKY (Thread 'n Pics)
VIN 326
5 spd, black trim, chromies, XM 6-disc (full of puke), deck spoiler, LSD, painted visors, leather/chrome e-brake
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SC2 View Post
Im going to agree with the people who say that the NSX is a great car and all things considered is the better choice than a Sky but also agree that you are comparing two totally different automobiles.

Its like saying would you rather have Payton Manning or Manny Ramirez... they cost the same... so which one do I pick? I mean, what sport are you playing? What are trying to accomplish? I don't think Payton could make a play in left field off the monster nor would Manny be willing to put out the effort to read a defense. I think each car does some things fantastic, just are you looking for ... a touchdown or a homerun?
Well Put
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRedLine View Post
damm that guy needs to step his game up on the rims
hahahahahahah
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SC2 View Post

Agreed, very different cars even if you find them for a similiar cost. They are both fun cars, and both are fast cars. The NSX is used with no warranty, you will have maintenace costs that you won't have on the Sky. The NSX will hold it's value better, used cars always do and the NSX should hold better than most. Still, either car is going to lose value if you rack up the miles, just the new car loses more. If the money is tight I say the Sky is a safer bet IMO, but if it's not a real issue then you just need to decide what you really want. The NSX is going to be a classic sports car of the 90s, but performance wise it's only going to be a bit ahead of the Sky RL. Pre 97 is only 270 HP and actually just slightly heavier than the Sky. A 97 or newer would be more of a step up performance wise, and if getting an NSX I'd really look for something nice in the 97-99 years, but that's me!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM

For a long time, the NSX was my dream car. I would still love to own one but I actually like the looks and appeal of the Sky more. If I had the money, I'd have one of each but since I don't, I'd rather have a new Sky than a 7 or 8 year old NSX. Even if the initial purchase price is the same, the NSX would have no warranty and the insurance and maintenance would make it MUCH more expensive to own. Because of that, I wouldn't even put them in the same category.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Roadster/Small RWD Market Competition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in