Advice for Vendor that won't Refund a Returned Intercooler? - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
After two years?

I have no sympathy for either side of the issue.

So then basically your comment is irrelevant… absolutely no help what so ever. That’s one of the reasons I stopped actively participating on this forum. One member calling another nuts, another calling another asinine, one saying they have stupid ideas with regard to their Sky, another telling someone their questions are dumb, another telling people to look it up and stop wasting the member’s time, and yet, you know, we’re all kinda part of the same family here.

Do you treat your family with the same contempt and lack of respect as you do people on this board?

You, know, there’s an old adage that says if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything or in today’s terms, keep your fingers off your keyboard. Just like Trump and his tweets….

The fact is, the OP has been trying for the past year and a half and each time his query has either gone unanswered or was partially answered and then dropped, but according to you, he deserves it because it’s been 2 years.

#trulysad
davhamm likes this.
post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:05 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Garage
Of course..u r talking about Skybabys husband...and no one here knows who skybaby is except us Ole Timers...
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
You're absolutely right Elff, it's a potāto potăto thing… it's like using curios versus curious...

Not that it matters, but the way it was written was not like a potato potato thing... I was something more like i bought it from the vendors distributor in Fl. Hey I got no skin in the game, just don't want people to think we know who it was based on some sketchy hints and deleted posts.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Of course..u r talking about Skybabys husband...and no one here knows who skybaby is except us Ole Timers...
Well **** that makes me an old timer... But I have only owned my Sky for a little over a year... oh wait we don't want to go down that road.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:04 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So then basically your comment is irrelevant… absolutely no help what so ever. That’s one of the reasons I stopped actively participating on this forum. One member calling another nuts, another calling another asinine, one saying they have stupid ideas with regard to their Sky, another telling someone their questions are dumb, another telling people to look it up and stop wasting the member’s time, and yet, you know, we’re all kinda part of the same family here.

Do you treat your family with the same contempt and lack of respect as you do people on this board?

You, know, there’s an old adage that says if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything or in today’s terms, keep your fingers off your keyboard. Just like Trump and his tweets….

The fact is, the OP has been trying for the past year and a half and each time his query has either gone unanswered or was partially answered and then dropped, but according to you, he deserves it because it’s been 2 years.
You absolutely miss the point of my message. If you let something go for 2 years without a resolution one way or the other, you deserve to be ignored. If it were me, I would have raised holy hell after a couple of weeks if I hadn't gotten my refund. I also would have put my credit card company on notice almost immediately, even before returning the merchandise. When you fail to look out for yourself first and foremost, you lose.

syjos likes this.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:45 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson0x4d View Post
Friends, I seek advice,

Last year (2016) my intercooler ballooned and I had to install a replacement. The company I ordered from had back-ordered the item and I had to cancel the order.

My order was cancelled via e-mail, but I was not refunded.

Fast-forward a few months later and the order I cancelled had shipped, I received a shipping notification. I contacted the vendor and explained that the order had been cancelled and that I was expecting a refund. They apologized for the confusion and other problems, instructed me to return the item for a refund. When the item arrived I instructed UPS to return the item to the vendor, and I notified the vendor that the item had been left with the UPS.

The tracking info shows the item was returned to the vendor's facility a few days later.

I have contacted the vendor numerous times for a refund and I still have not received one. I have been assured it would be resolved.

It has been almost TWO YEARS.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to get my money?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
Davhamm is right. It's time to get down and dirty!

Not knowing what kind of firm you are dealing with, if it is a 'named company' of any reputation and size, I'd find the owners/top officer's names and write and/or call. Sometimes this can be found via the local Chamber of Commerce office in the local or BBB folks. A letter to the President hopfully will be intercepted by his/her staff and a resolution forthcoming. (staff treasure's their bonus and want to appear doing their duties protecting him/her)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
And depending on the amount of money, get a lawyer and sue them.
Send them a certified letter via USPS, return receipt requested, lay out everything as you did in the first message, and demand a cashier's check via return mail for the full amount of the expected refund as well as a a few more bucks (pick a number) for the aggravation of not getting a prompt refund in the first place. Give them a deadline for your receipt of the check, two weeks is good. Tell them in your letter that you intend to take them to small claims court if they don't comply with your demands.

But, and it's a big but, don't bother to do anything unless you plan to go through with it on whatever timetable and procedure you set up.

OR, just go hire a small claims attorney to take care of the whole thing for you and pay him/her whatever they want to make the vendor give you a refund.

PS: I suspect I know who the vendor is, after all, how many vendors of intercoolers for our cars are there that happen to be located in Florida? I seem to recall similar incidents in the past 12 years I have been on this forum. You might want to search the forum for other similar events connected to the vendor's name to see how they may have been resolved.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741

Last edited by DaveOC; 01-04-2018 at 02:14 AM.
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
Well **** that makes me an old timer... But I have only owned my Sky for a little over a year... oh wait we don't want to go down that road.
You may know the name...but not the person...just the way it is. Everyone has a history.
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Most of what you have mentioned here I've addressed and cleaned up over the last year or so. I don't think this comment falls into that category though. No, it wasn't helpful but a forum supports and allows such commentary. I don't agree with the commentary but more on this in a moment...

Quote:
You absolutely miss the point of my message. If you let something go for 2 years without a resolution one way or the other, you deserve to be ignored. If it were me, I would have raised holy hell after a couple of weeks if I hadn't gotten my refund. I also would have put my credit card company on notice almost immediately, even before returning the merchandise. When you fail to look out for yourself first and foremost, you lose.

No one in this position "deserves" to be ignored. Different people handle things differently. More importantly, knowing this vendor on a more personal basis, I know he does not want to have things like this happen. I'm not going to get into the whole backstory or make excuses for something like this happening, but having talked to him I know he's not happy about it. I agree and have told SkyPilot and the OP as much that there should have been more follow up on both sides here and this would not have drug on this long but to say they deserve it isn't quite fair either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Now I'm old. uhg. LOL Like I didn't know that already.

Quote:
Not that it matters, but the way it was written was not like a potato potato thing... I was something more like i bought it from the vendors distributor in Fl. Hey I got no skin in the game, just don't want people to think we know who it was based on some sketchy hints and deleted posts.
Our vendors are small companies. Our market and the business they cater to are what is referred to as a "cottage industry". It's a small niche market. Some of the vendors are larger than others but none, to my knowledge, sell to distributors. Distributors and Venders are not the same and the term distributor shouldn't apply to our venders.

However, I racked up the use of the term "distributor" to the writers misunderstanding of the word and it's application in relation to our specific market rather than believe we have distributors AND vendors.

For those wonder what the hell I'm blabbering about, here is the deal. Vendors are those who provide a product. Vendor can be any company/individual along the sales chain who sells an item to someone else in the chain. So a distributor who sells to a retail shop can be that retail shop's vendor. A manufacturer who sells direct to the end customer can be that customer's vendor.

A distributor, on the other hand, is a very specific position in the chain. A distributor does not produce anything...with very few exceptions. A distributor is a middle man that is usually in place when retail stores deal with larger manufacturers who have a minimum order quantity on their products. A distributor will buy a product from a manufacturer with a minimum order quantity (or without but in larger quantities that allow them to re-sell the items at a price where they make money but is less than if their customer were to order the smaller quantity direct from the manufacturer) then turn around and sell...or distribute...that product to their customers without the minimum order requirement.

For instance, I worked for a company that produced Radio Controlled (RC) cars. For one kit, we had a minimum order of 300 kits. Now a hobby shop would probably only carry 1-5 (5 ONLY if it was a very popular and fast selling kit) of any one kit per month. So for a hobby shop to go through 300 kits would take years. Thus, hobby shops would buy their smaller quantities from a distributor who would buy the bulk from us.

NONE of our vendors work that way. None move that many parts for our platforms that would justify having a minimum order amount. Many of our vendors, like Norm's, build our products on an "as ordered" basis...meaning they don't make it until you order it. This is one reason why they are so expensive and can have back orders.

This is also...bringing this back around to the original post...why things like this problem can occur more easily with our vendors. The smaller vendors (and this vendor is a smaller one) have less people working for them. The smaller the staff, the more each staff member is doing and the more likely they are to miss certain details. That's what has happened here. Exacerbate that with the lack of follow up on the OP's part and here we are about a year and a half later with the problem still persisting.

Now I know many of you understand this in principle but I've written this for those who, like Davhamm mentioned, might run across this and think there are more links in our supply chain than there really is. For us, we have Manufacturers/Retailers (You get a DDM intercooler and DDM is a manufacturer and retailer...you get a set of 60# injectors from DDM and they are a retailer) and Customers. That's it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:19 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
No one in this position "deserves" to be ignored. Different people handle things differently. More importantly, knowing this vendor on a more personal basis, I know he does not want to have things like this happen. I'm not going to get into the whole backstory or make excuses for something like this happening, but having talked to him I know he's not happy about it. I agree and have told SkyPilot and the OP as much that there should have been more follow up on both sides here and this would not have drug on this long but to say they deserve it isn't quite fair either.
OK, poor choice of words on my part, -but-, and I'm aware that different people handle things differently, -but-, when you don't escalate your demands you are, in effect, teaching the person handling this at the vendor end that it is safe to ignore you. Perhaps that person doesn't have the authority to issue a refund, I don't know how that business owner has this structured.

And, yes, I know who this is, and I don't know why we are pussyfooting around this situation. This vendor is not a supporting vendor of this forum.

Ah well, I apologize if my remarks have created an issue, I'll go away from this thread and not cause any more strife in this thread.

Who is going to pick up a phone and call this vendor and tell him or her to get their act in order. BTW, we are only hearing one side of this story so far.

Bye!

PS, I ought to know better than to type messages after midnight my time, I don't particularly sleep real well when my wife is visiting friends all the way on the other side of this country. Sorry to make you type another of your long messages, Robo!

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Well aware of the parts distribution, my area of ignorance was that there are only 4 (HAHN, DDM, Werks, ZZP, ???) manufactures of our inter-coolers and they do not sell to other shops.

If that's true and he bought it at a shop in Florida, well Hahn is the only one of the 4 located in Florida.

I am a GM Engineer.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Ah well, I apologize if my remarks have created an issue, I'll go away from this thread and not cause any more strife in this thread.

Who is going to pick up a phone and call this vendor and tell him or her to get their act in order. BTW, we are only hearing one side of this story so far.

Bye!

No worries. Easy to misunderstand intent online.

As for contacting the Vendor, I have already reached out to them and informed the OP of it.

Quote:
Well aware of the parts distribution, my area of ignorance was that there are only 4 (HAHN, DDM, Werks, ZZP, ???) manufactures of our inter-coolers and they do not sell to other shops.

If that's true and he bought it at a shop in Florida, well Hahn is the only one of the 4 located in Florida.
I know you knew how all that worked davhamm...I just wanted to make sure anyone who ran across the post in the future had a secure understanding of it how it stands today.

I don't think ZZP makes an IC for us (they cater more to the FWD Ecotec crowd) but you did leave out RPM and PAW. I think Hahn, DDM, PAW, and RPM are the only ones who sell ICs for our cars. RPM may source theirs from DDM or PAW but I don't believe they do. Will ask them about that.

But RPM is in AZ and PAW is in IL.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 03:33 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
As for contacting the Vendor, I have already reached out to them and informed the OP of it.
I would have done something, but I don't know Bill that well, and I doubt Aubrey would remember meeting me back in fall of 2006.

Besides, not my monkeys, not my circus!

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741

Last edited by DaveOC; 02-17-2018 at 01:25 AM.
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't mind doing it...I think if anyone here had a personal relation with Bill and Aubrey they would have reached out as well.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just spoke to RPM and they do build their Intercoolers in house. No outsourcing.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
and those of us who commented, have been around Kappa's for a full decade and had this knowledge.

I've also seen Hahn lose his $h1t on the KP forum.

LUSIFER is Sold!
say hello to
RYUK

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in