Advice for Vendor that won't Refund a Returned Intercooler? - Page 5 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Garage
Apples don't fall far from the tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 12:13 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Apples don't fall far from the tree.
I cannot understand that metaphor...trying hard to see the analogy. I am lost Bob. LOL
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSkyDude View Post
Hopefully the OP can exert the same amount of effort to update us on his refund status as he did to initiate the complaint.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
Re the OP:
Last Activity: 02-17-2018 03:02 AM

This was the day after his last post in this thread, see above.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741

Last edited by DaveOC; 03-14-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
Re the OP:
Last Activity: 02-17-2018 03:02 AM

This was the day after his last post in this thread, see above.

Yeah I only have so much time, it's hard to convey to people that don't witness it.. I think most people I know work less than 8 hours a day unless they're a business owner.. but, for example, today I worked from 11pm to 6pm (yes, pm to pm and I'm still up). Yesterday I worked from 9pm to 4pm (pm to pm, oh it has been a rough week indeed!) I've been seeing 10+ hour days and some pretty "extreme" 14-16 hour days here and there for the last couple of months, and it's going to continue like this for at least another month and then hopefully start to taper off as we approach October.

I'm thankful my wife is so forgiving.. and also that my heart is still able to keep up with the long days... and especially that I still love my job, I dread the day I finally burn out

Quote:
I am curious about one thing, who promised you a refund? Bill himself, or an employee? The only reason I ask is because the website is quite clear that there are NO REFUNDS.
I really have no way of knowing because correspondence bounced between three e-mail addresses.

And wow what a terrible refund policy, it also doesn't match the policy I saw on their shopping cart when I ordered. I never would have placed an order with a business where "all sales are final" appeared anywhere during the checkout process.

Given such a "one-way" policy I have to admit that the assurances I received were pretty liberal and understanding, albeit empty. I mean, if I had been issued a refund instead I would have different feelings today -- I never would have posted here, for sure.

Quote:
At the same time the vendor is out the cost of shipping the product both ways
They didn't even have the part to ship at the point I was assured order cancellation and refund, I can only imagine what series of mistakes it requires to _manufacture_ (and then ship) a cancellation. At one point I was convinced it was intentional, ie. that the money was necessary for something and got spent, and shipping me a part was their way of trying to force the sale. I will never really know, but if it's an earnest mistake my only advice to Bill is to find a process that isn't going to f*ck him in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Shaun...did you get Bill Hahn's photo of the check and envelope for your reinbursement? He mentioned it was sent out and he sent you a photo of these...
Yes, and _Thank You_ for reaching out, I'm convinced that had you not then I would not have received a refund.

The check arrived exactly 10 days later. The deposit posted to my account on 3/2. I didn't think to check up on it until today though, actually, probably worth mentioning that my wife and I were hotel hopping for ~3 weeks because of a slab leak at home (new main, house repipe, inspections, stucco, drywall, paint.. lead time in between for HOA approvals for the new main, city inspectors for the interior work, etc..) we didn't set foot in our home again until just this Sunday I'm not saying this wasn't important, but getting ejected from my house really pushed everything else off my radar.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 02:27 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson0x4d View Post
Yes, and _Thank You_ for reaching out, I'm convinced that had you not then I would not have received a refund.

The check arrived exactly 10 days later. The deposit posted to my account on 3/2.
I'm glad to hear that it all worked out for you in the end. I hope that you don't think I was being critical of you for not posting more often, I wasn't trying to be judgemental, merely posting that you hadn't been back on the forum for a while.

Whew, your life is going to take a toll on you if you keep up the pace you are running now.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson0x4d View Post
And wow what a terrible refund policy, it also doesn't match the policy I saw on their shopping cart when I ordered. I never would have placed an order with a business where "all sales are final" appeared anywhere during the checkout process.

Given such a "one-way" policy I have to admit that the assurances I received were pretty liberal and understanding, albeit empty. I mean, if I had been issued a refund instead I would have different feelings today -- I never would have posted here, for sure.

They didn't even have the part to ship at the point I was assured order cancellation and refund, I can only imagine what series of mistakes it requires to _manufacture_ (and then ship) a cancellation.
First, thanks for coming back and following up. I had know a bit about what was going on but I always prefer it come from the OPs mouth...errrrr...keyboard.

As for the "No Refunds" policy, it all boils down to what is reasonable. That kind of statement on their site is to cover their butts. As you posted, the part wasn't available to ship and that's because many of Bill's parts are made to order. Thus one is not made until it is ordered so that they don't have a lot of back inventory taking up space and money in their shop. This is standard with many small businesses. This kind of policy is to prevent someone ordering a part, they build it, and then that person changes their mind and Hahn is stuck with an intercooler they hope will sell in the future. (We don't have a HUGE community buying 100s of these every month after all.)

In your case, however, it was different. You didn't want to wait for them to build it and cancelled before they would have incurred any costs. As a good business owner, being reasonable and flexible with the "no refunds" policy is good business and your initial cancelation was very reasonable.

I've talked to Bill about the staffing issues he has had. He too runs a busy schedule and needs good help to keep the business running smoothly. He hasn't had that. It has been so bad that he is moving his shop in the hopes of being able to draw from a better labor pool. I'm not making excuses for him and he'd be the first to tell you this situation is just as unacceptable to him as it is to you.

Glad to have helped out. I know neither you or Bill wanted things to be this way.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Great news indeed. Great work ethic too, your parents taught you well
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
Great news indeed. Great work ethic too, your parents taught you well
ROFLOL...try not to break your arm while you're doing that.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Garage
He does have a sense of humor!
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to hear it got resolved, albeit after way too long.

LUSIFER is Sold!
say hello to
RYUK

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in