Gas is now $3.26 here - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These gas threads online grow old. Gas is expensive, so we have 3 options, cut back, get more fuel efficent cars, or pay more money. Simple.

Also known as LS3 MN6 on Corvette Forum

Daily Driver: Brazen Orange 2006 Coupe
The Toy: 2008 Arctic White Corvette Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSpinnst
These gas threads online grow old. Gas is expensive, so we have 3 options, cut back, get more fuel efficent cars, or pay more money. Simple.
Probably all three are needed.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM

3.69 here in AIKEN..............we are screwed!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCaptain
No, I can't afford another $160 a month for each of my vehicles on my salary. And if you don't think it's a big deal, then you're the kind of person causing the problem - someone who will pay whatever the gas companies want no matter what a sensible supply/demand analysis would suggest. Well, to be clear I could afford it but it wouldn't be worth it in comparison to what else I could do with that money. At $160 per month per vehicle (3 vehicles = $5760 per year) that's a ****load of other things I could do with that money.

Tell you what, if you can "afford" a hit like that, why not spread some of that wealth to those of us who can't.

Hey everybody! Look! It's the Delnari Gas Relief Fund! Apply here for handouts!
your talking to the person that gave his solstice to malett, thats my envy comming in. but hey I totally respect that delnari man I wish I could get a v8 roadster. Sorry sky captian I think your barking up the wrong tree. but I agree about gas, I hear that there is a possibility that they will be rationing it. I'm getting a freakin bike and keeping my sky for looks only I can look at

Driving an 08 Saturn Astra
To keep the miles off my garage queen (#58 of 89 Saturn Sky Hydro Blue Redline)
and contemplating Buying an old Opel GT
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky4christ
your talking to the person that gave his solstice to malett, thats my envy comming in. but hey I totally respect that delnari man I wish I could get a v8 roadster. Sorry sky captian I think your barking up the wrong tree. but I agree about gas, I hear that there is a possibility that they will be rationing it. I'm getting a freakin bike and keeping my sky for looks only I can look at
Man do I miss it too! The only thing that keeps me at ease is that I will get to drive a V8 powered Sky in it's place. Mallett is busy tearing that Solstice apart and putting different combinations of engines and parts in it. I'm trying to keep everyone up to date on his progress, and hope to have real pictures soon.

I should have known better then to spout off about the gas prices. I seem to forget that people are getting hurt by them. Hopefully this crisis will pass and we can get back to dreaming of getting our new Skies!
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari
Man do I miss it too! The only thing that keeps me at ease is that I will get to drive a V8 powered Sky in it's place. Mallett is busy tearing that Solstice apart and putting different combinations of engines and parts in it. I'm trying to keep everyone up to date on his progress, and hope to have real pictures soon.

I should have known better then to spout off about the gas prices. I seem to forget that people are getting hurt by them. Hopefully this crisis will pass and we can get back to dreaming of getting our new Skies!
amen to that.. (when can I drive your v8 sky buddie) I'd drive anywhere for a ride in that beast

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky4christ
I wasn't the one barking...

And I will point out, again, that I could afford the extra money, just not willing to give up the other things in life I would use that money for. Like my own 3800 supercharged Sky...

For the record, you're talking to the guy who does his own swaps.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCaptain
I wasn't the one barking...

And I will point out, again, that I could afford the extra money, just not willing to give up the other things in life I would use that money for. Like my own 3800 supercharged Sky...

For the record, you're talking to the guy who does his own swaps.
I wasn't bashin you though. I'm gettin killed by the gas (plus we are running out of gas down here its killing me I'm gonna have to get a bike. but man you can do my swap. I got my prelude engine swaped out (my uncle did it) but I have mad respect for you too man swaps aint easy.

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:20 PM

How does $7 sound then?

You think you've got it bad there? Here in the UK gas is charged per liter - there are 3.785 of those to your gallon - and the price has just gone past the 1 per liter mark. That works out to $7 a gallon. That's costing me about $100 to fill the tank of my Subaru Impreza Turbo.

Credit card melting or what?
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarinrob
You think you've got it bad there? Here in the UK gas is charged per liter - there are 3.785 of those to your gallon - and the price has just gone past the 1 per liter mark. That works out to $7 a gallon. That's costing me about $100 to fill the tank of my Subaru Impreza Turbo.

Credit card melting or what?
I can understand how that can really hurt. The weather has been dry and cool here lately, so I'm using the high price of gas as an excuse to drive my bike into work now. The wife knows it's a poor excuse, but she isn't stopping me either. I know, we all can drive motorcycles to work and leave our cars for the more important duties.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
What really urks me is the fact that one afternoon the gas station around the corner has gas for $2.49 p/g and the next morning that same gas is going for $3.09 p/g WTF??? How you figure the gas in your storage tanks go up $0.60 p/g overnight and you (gas station owner) have not had to pay any more for it???

Regards,

S.D.

2nd SKY: (Lucy)
2008 RED on Red/Black Lthr
RedLine
Delivered - 7/14/08
Loaded
Auto
3" Magnaflow, GMPP Tune,
Lil Chromies & CAI

1st SKY: (Traded)
2007 Silver Graphite
RedLine
Loaded (-6CD)
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Dealer
What really urks me is the fact that one afternoon the gas station around the corner has gas for $2.49 p/g and the next morning that same gas is going for $3.09 p/g WTF??? How you figure the gas in your storage tanks go up $0.60 p/g overnight and you (gas station owner) have not had to pay any more for it???

Regards,

S.D.
Becasue they go by the market, and somewhere there is a gas station that had to refill that day.

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

The fact is oil is in limited supply and production will peak within the next 10-20 years. After that, you can expect oil prices to reach uncharted territory, and just keep going up.

Hopefully fuel cell technology will be affordable enough by then to ween us off OPEC's teet.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 04:15 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm1tage
The fact is oil is in limited supply and production will peak within the next 10-20 years. After that, you can expect oil prices to reach uncharted territory, and just keep going up.

Hopefully fuel cell technology will be affordable enough by then to ween us off OPEC's teet.
There is TONS of Oil under the Ocean, these reports of Oil being limited are those in easy to access locations (for example on land). The world is not going to run out of Oil for a LONG time, weather or not we can get to the Oil that exists is going to be the question. With more difficult drilling locations raising operation costs and thus prices.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in