LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not So bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick112
The people in power have come to realize that no matter what price they set gas at YOU will pay for it.

But remember this.

What ever we are paying here in North America is nothing compaired to world price. The Europen price is almost double what we pay.

I live in Canada and pay more than you do. Our governments tax the hell out of gas. And CANADA is a major exporter of oil. Canada has perhaps the largest reserves of OIL in the world.

Look for prices to go up at least another 30-50% in the coming weeks. Especially with what has happened in the Gulf of Mexico.
I can remember when I was building mussel cars in the late 60s hearing people say if gass hit 50cents a gallon they would walk and quit driving. We were paying 25 cents at that time. Now I would be happy with $1.50 a gallon. As my income has not incread 100 to 150 times what I was makeing then. But I am sure we will all live through it and come up with a way to make things work we always have and will. Just enjoy what you have and dream about what you want and go after it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, since gas is only 10 times as much as it was back then...

Some of the price increase really is because the price of gas didn't keep up with the rate of inflation over the past 30 years. Not all of it, but some of it.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in