LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Garage
San Bernardino Shooting Discussion

Busy week in the IE (Inland Empire region of SoCal)...

Have a gas tanker truck hit road debris and catch fire shutting down a freeway yesterday and then a mass shooting today. At least this can't make traffic any worse.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

Last edited by Robotech; 12-03-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Busy?

Prayers for the innocent there in San Bernardino. Apparently now away from the initial shooting at the holiday party at the medical center the City Hall and nearby businesses are on lockdown. BOLO for a black GMC Yukon, 3 occupants, tagged to one Sayeed Farook. Armed and dangerous.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Where did you get that from SkyVue? I'm trying to find more info but am not seeing any information like that...

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

News conference going on now. Apparently all local government offices are closed now and hospitals have increased security. No mention of a person of interest from these officials. Local scanner chatter earlier brought up a name, unconfirmed.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Gotcha. Just heard the news conference stated 14 dead, 14 wounded.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Farooq Saeed has been identified as the possible San Bernardino shooting suspect, who reports indicate walked into a medical facility for people with developmental disabilities and opened fire.

The shooting took place at close to 11 a.m. in the 1300 block of South Waterman Avenue in the California city, taking place at a building identified as the Inland Regional Center. The facility is a state-run medical center that serves people with developmental disabilities, said Nancy Lungren, spokeswoman for the California Department of Developmental Services.

Unconfirmed reports identified the suspect as Farooq Saeed, a name repeated on police scanners and reported from some American news outlets.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Update, a second shooting in Pasadena. Current statement is one shooter is barricaded and another suspect is in custody. Early reports are this is not related to the San Berdoo shooting but it is just now unfolding. What a week! Prayers go out to all those affected by this today.

Pasadena, California: SWAT Responding To Situation Said To Not Be Related To San Bernardino Shootings

EDIT: Wound up not being a shooting at all. Looks like more along the lines of a SWAT assisted felony arrest.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 12-02-2015 at 06:07 PM.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Another shooting involving a dark SUV with one suspect down and one in custody.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:29 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Beautiful highway pic there rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstouttx View Post
It's sad to see more "Work place violence" like this....
Yeah, they'll hold on to that fake motive like a pitbull with a hambone.

Main perp here had an issue with
a Christmas Party ?
allahakbar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a1a1fs.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	71002  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVue2 View Post
Yeah, they'll hold on to that fake motive like a pitbull with a hambone.

Main perp here had an issue with
a Christmas Party ?
allahakbar
Having experienced a workplace shooting I can tell you first hand there is no rhyme or reason for why and when such things occur. Just one wrong thing said on the wrong day and things like this happen.

HOWEVER

I truly feel that, when the investigation is over, we'll find that this individual had been planning SOMETHING for some time but that whatever occurred at this event triggered him to act now instead of later and to focus his violence on the coworkers who upset him. While I do not doubt that whatever happened yesterday morning is what set him off and caused these actions to play out, you don't just "happen" to have a couple assault rifles, tactical vests, and a half dozen pipe bombs just sitting around.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 12-03-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Posts moved to new topic.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:44 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Nothing happened at the Christmas Party. People who were there just noticed that he had disappeared leaving his coat on his chair. The attack was obviously pre-planned well in advance. He just showed up to check out security etc, which was apparently nonexistent.

Last edited by Robotech; 12-03-2015 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Deleted "on topic" seciton that related to previous thread.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVue2 View Post
Nothing happened at the Christmas Party. People who were there just noticed that he had disappeared leaving his coat on his chair. The attack was obviously pre-planned well in advance. He just showed up to check out security etc, which was apparently nonexistent.
Even if there wasn't an argument or something at the party, this would STILL be workplace violence as he targeted his coworkers at a work related event. The question is, why there? Why now? Why leave and come back 30 minutes later? To go to his house and get what he needed? With that black SUV he could have had all that at the location. To drop off his 6 month old child? Possibly but then why not take care of that in the morning before going to the party rather than going to the party first and then dropping the child off?

Come to think of it, I have yet to here WHEN the child was dropped off with the grandparent. THAT would be the biggest clue as to the premeditation of the timing of the attack. If the child was dropped off in the morning, then Farook planned the shooting before going to the party. If the child was dropped off in the time between him leaving the party and the shooting, then I would be more inclined to believe that while he had prepared for something like this already, the time and place of the assault had been more spontaneous.

No, the facts that we know point to some kind of friction between Farook and his coworkers. The friction was there LONG before this party.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:27 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Thanks for the new thread

Stated grandmother of the infant claims that they dropped her off in the morning because they had doctor's appointments to go to. The time between his leaving the party and returning has not been determined exactly but during a presser last night it was stated as about fifteen minutes. His partner was likely outside with the car, now described as a Ford Expedition rental. He and his supposed wife had acquired some 2,200 rounds of pistol ammo and 5,900 rounds for their rifles. Oh there was likely some "friction" alright with his superiors; as extreme Moslems like him don't like to take orders from mere infidels.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
The time frame I heard was 30 but knowing they dropped the infant off in the morning that would put it before the party.

There still needs to be more information here. This isn't a "terrorist" attack in the more traditional sense. I don't feel the motivation here was religiously based. This is more workplace violence by a person of the Muslim faith but just how much that faith played into the nature of the violence is what remains to be seen.

If this were a straight up terrorist attack then we'd be seeing some organization laying claim to it. The media is quick to report that but again, I've seen nothing of the sort in the news stories I've read. I'm actually surprised some group HASN'T laid claim to it even if they had no connection to it. Usually some of the more minor players are quick to jump on something like this.

So until we get more information I can't say that this was the act of an Muslim extremist. A person with horrible confrontation management skills that happens to be Muslim, yes, but not an extremist like those that shot up Paris.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Couple of new facts.

They did have ties to people with known extremist views.

They found 6,000+ rounds of ammo and 12 IEDs in the couple's apartment in Redlands.

SUV was rented 4 days ago.

I suspect they may have been inclined to start a mini Paris style attack but for as much as they had prepared with supplies, the execution of it still seems very VERY amateurish especially compared to the coordinated attacks in Paris and even 9/11. If anything I'd say this was more like the "lone wolf" scenario that had been talked about before so prevalently. I'm still getting that vibe that there was something about his attitude towards his co-workers and that something "rushed" his plans that is giving me this that feeling.

Also found out one of my office coworkers (My actual office...we only have a handful of employees in my office...we're like a small extended family) and her husband had attended high school with Farook. Damn, talk about your small worlds.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 12-03-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in