Pulstar banner ad - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Site Feedback Site-related announcements, and FAQ's on the site. Have a suggestion to make this place better? Post it here. Want to introduce yourself? Here is a great place. Look here if new to the site.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pulstar banner ad

Could we please get this ad tamed? It overlays the pull down menu and makes it so you can't use them. Thanks!

2007 Polar white/tan Sky 2.4,Man, 6 disk Monsoon,HD radio, semiauto antenna,PDA & 500Gb hardrive for stored tunes,Eibach stabilizers, B&G shocks and springs,DDM backbone & Pro-Beam, JPM Console & Armrest pads,Fujita dual intake,elec fuel door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Bump
This is a pain in the neck please fix it.

2007 Polar white/tan Sky 2.4,Man, 6 disk Monsoon,HD radio, semiauto antenna,PDA & 500Gb hardrive for stored tunes,Eibach stabilizers, B&G shocks and springs,DDM backbone & Pro-Beam, JPM Console & Armrest pads,Fujita dual intake,elec fuel door.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Bump Still can't get to the pull down menus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Great! Now this one and the Solo Performance one overlay the pull down menus. So is making the user angry supposed to sell things better? Or you just don't have anybody who knows how to write script.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:18 AM

I would recommend using the Firefox browser (Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable) and use the AdBlock Plus addon for it (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865). Once you install the addon, subscribe to an adblock 'feed' and you'll probably never see an advertisement on ANY site ever again.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittle View Post
I would recommend using the Firefox browser (Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable) and use the AdBlock Plus addon for it (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865). Once you install the addon, subscribe to an adblock 'feed' and you'll probably never see an advertisement on ANY site ever again.
Agreed, I do the same thing. No problems!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Spittle : I would recommend using the Firefox browser (Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable) and use the AdBlock Plus addon for it (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865). Once you install the addon, subscribe to an adblock 'feed' and you'll probably never see an advertisement on ANY site ever again.
Now all you have to do is explain how I can do this on a company computer that I can't insall new software on, and I'll be all set.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
Could we please get this ad tamed? It overlays the pull down menu and makes it so you can't use them. Thanks!
Old problem that they claim they can't fix. It started when they updated the forum s/w on Jan 29, 2009. Many threads complaining about it. Do a search and read thru them. The fix (if you will) is already posted in this thread.. I use Netscape Navigator which is Firefox's daddy, sorta speak.. I don't see ANY advertising..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 03-18-2009 at 02:58 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Old problem that they claim they can't fix. It started when they updated the forum s/w on Jan 29, 2009. Many threads complaining about it. Do a search and read thru them. The fix (if you will) is already posted in this thread.. I use Netscape Navigator which is Firefox's daddy, sorta speak.. I don't see ANY advertising..
Bull! I don't care whether there are ads or not.It doesn't matter to me. But when it overlays the pull down menus to the point that you can't use them it's just piss poor programing. I'm no fool when it comes to computers. When you write something like those banners you set in the script what layer you want the banner to be on. thats why part of the banners overlay and part of them don't. It' just plain being LAZY is all it is.

Aren't you signed up as a lifetime member? I could do that but why should I if the people who manage this site are going to do things like this. New members aren't going to tolerate bs like this they'll just go to another site or go do something else like I am starting to do. Why should I pay for lifetime membership on a site that's hell bent to put itself out of buisness.

So here's my long term policy when it comes to advertising TV,Radio, Print etc . When I see an advertiser that makes obnoxious overbearing ads. I do remember them like they want me to. Except I remember never to ever buy anything from them.

Watch how many posts there are a day now maybe 10-15 most days it barely fills a page. A year ago it was two pages or more. Are you starting to hear the crickets? I can hear em cheap, cheap cheap.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I forget the all the details, but there was some hair pulling as this thing was researched. Worst part is it's supposedly a flash bug. Z-index or whatever is being ignored, and as many of the ads are injected into the code by ad-sense, those are flying above the dropdowns. I'll pause there, as I'm not sure if the ads you speak of are from adsense or skyroadster local vendor ads. Scanning this thread it sounds like ours or both? I'll hit Nadeem up on that, but the bug goes beyond skyroadster coding or even Vbulletin's code as they themselves claim they have no workaround so long as the flash client code behaves as it does. We wound up adding the "Current Posts" link last time as a workaround so we could all escape the trap of a blocked "Active Topics" dropdown. Did I totally blow whatever recollection I have of the description we received.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
Bull! I don't care whether there are ads or not.It doesn't matter to me. But when it overlays the pull down menus to the point that you can't use them it's just piss poor programing. I'm no fool when it comes to computers. When you write something like those banners you set in the script what layer you want the banner to be on. thats why part of the banners overlay and part of them don't. It' just plain being LAZY is all it is.

Aren't you signed up as a lifetime member?
Irrelevant, even with membership it will do it. An explanation is given above. IF our admins could fix it they would. Apparently these newer codes you speak of are done intentionally I agree. However stopping it is another matter since these ads fly threw here on auto as I understand it. You can't just stop it. We have given you a solution. It works with or without membership, if you don't like it, then all I can say is tuff shlt, nothing we or you can do. You can bitch till the cows come home, it ain't gonna happens until the coders of the ads stop doing it.. The idea is to piss in your wagon, apparently its working. I choose to block the piss, you can also.. get add blocker, otherwise live with it buddy..have a nice, ad free day... BTW, I didn't create this crap, bitching at me for trying to help & give a solution is not a wise thing to do..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Irrelevant, even with membership it will do it. An explanation is given above. IF our admins could fix it they would. Apparently these newer codes you speak of are done intentionally I agree. However stopping it is another matter since these ads fly threw here on auto as I understand it. You can't just stop it. We have given you a solution. It works with or without membership, if you don't like it, then all I can say is tuff shlt, nothing we or you can do. You can bitch till the cows come home, it ain't gonna happens until the coders of the ads stop doing it.. The idea is to piss in your wagon, apparently its working. I choose to block the piss, you can also.. get add blocker, otherwise live with it buddy..have a nice, ad free day... BTW, I didn't create this crap, bitching at me for trying to help & give a solution is not a wise thing to do..
I wasn't bitching at you. I didn't even intend to get on a personal level with you. These two ads are from forum vendors. they didn't come willy nilly off the web.
And your right it does piss me off. I've spent alot of money with vendors on this forum and apparently it's not appreceated to have customers with money to spend.
If someone would have answered me nearly a week ago when I posted. It would have never come this far.
I'm not loading another browser on all my machines + Ie because I use it for work. Just so I can make this forum functional. In fact it has come to my attention that this forum serves no purpose for me any longer.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 PM

OK np I thought you were pissed at me. Believe it or not I am on your side on this. In fact if you do a search I was the number 1 bitcher if you will that complained when I noticed this interference in surfing this site after they updated, I was much more aggressive when I got pissed, I pushed it to where I PMed all the mods admins I could etc. It was a waste of time.. Most members here put up with it (ads), I won't. Eventually I got tired of it, so I eliminated ALL the ads... Now, they (ads) can all go you know where. Just because of the 2 adds blocking the sites functions. I now don't see ANY of the adds Happy days.. BTW, now it is the 2 you are seeing, but there are dozens of them, every few days or weeks it is another friggin add.. So in the long run, site owners are the losers because I am not the only one that uses this browser/blocker only to come here so I don't get irritated.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
The ads actually change. It is the people generating the ads that have the coding problem, showing the ads in front of the dropdown. I will forward this information to a tech and we will fix it. Nothing to overreact about. PM "Administrator" if you see anymore, I have reported the Pulstar ad now. Thanks!

Nadeem
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Administrator : The ads actually change. It is the people generating the ads that have the coding problem, showing the ads in front of the dropdown. I will forward this information to a tech and we will fix it. Nothing to overreact about. ......
Except that overreacting is so much more fun !

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Help & Feedback > Site Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in