2010 Opel GT Driver side Big Mirror - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post

Of course not sure how many other people go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors till they have full coverage? Or while driving down the highway, track cars that are either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors, and adjust the mirrors to maintain coverage.
Dave, you are going to get a kick out of this ....... remember the time a little while back ...... when we did a little language corrections and when you caught me ....... and I said "Game On"?

Here goes: For these sentence parts above, 1) "go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors" and 2) "either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors". Could we all conclude that "there" should have been spelled "their"? Oh yes, we often accuse the software for the incorrect changes, but that leaves the proof reading burden on ourselves, LOL.

Dave, now your turn to catch me ....... LOL.

Last edited by Robotech; 04-22-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: must...fix...broken...quote...tag...so OCD of me...
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
Dave, you are going to get a kick out of this ....... remember the time a little while back ...... when we did a little language corrections and when you caught me ....... and I said "Game On"?

Here goes: For these sentence parts above, 1) "go to a full parking lot and adjust there mirrors" and 2) "either passing them or they are passing in there mirrors". Could we all conclude that "there" should have been spelled "their"? Oh yes, we often accuse the software for the incorrect changes, but that leaves the proof reading burden on ourselves, LOL.

Dave, now your turn to catch me ....... LOL.
No as I said then.. you were redundant and one of my pet peeves, trust me I was not catching a grammer mistake. I ain't got no good english. Do we have signature lines here, I think we do.. I need to update mine like I did on another forum..

Oh my mirror showed up today, well packed and in its own protective sock. Have lots of pics on phone, going to try and post from there, or their, or they're.
Just had this discussion with my daughter yesterday. I swear when they created the english language they, or thay set out to make it as hard as possible. Why is Foot and Boot not pronounced the same way..
44thSKY likes this.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
So how much work is it to install a side mirror?

Wondering if its worth it to just put the black one on sometime for wifey to see if she likes it.

I hate pulling door trim, christmas tree fasteners always break.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
I hate pulling door trim, christmas tree fasteners always break.
... then it's a good job there are no christmas tree fasteners on the door panels!

From memory, there's a screw in the outer edge (door jamb), one behind the little panel behind the 'unlatch' lever, a couple behind the triangular panel behind the door-pull. Then pull the panel to unclip along the bottom and up the rear edges. Then out and up off the top lip and get space enough to unhook the door latch cable and switch connectors.
4501 Safari likes this.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
got my lh big mirror today.off to bodyshop
to get painted white(body color-both lh and rh )
thanks again to skersfan for his help in getting the lh one here.
when i get them installed will post pics before and after.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Neighbours View Post
got my lh big mirror today.off to bodyshop
to get painted white(body color-both lh and rh )
thanks again to skersfan for his help in getting the lh one here.
when i get them installed will post pics before and after.
It really is strange how, once they are on the car, they really don't stand out. However, the visibility to the rear is a night and day difference...like the first time you use them I bet it will actually shock you. LOL
Robert Neighbours likes this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I think, after studying the ones I have, that the biggest difference is the spacing away from the car. The larger size is certainly a factor, but moving them out makes for a much better sight line past the fender.
RedOne07 likes this.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Garage
I agree with that but the mirror is different. Gives a wider view of what is behind you.. John whether it is a neat mod or not, istn't the question. Is the car safer. Kind of like are good tires good enough or are better tires safer. If you have them installed, I virtually promise you will like them. Looking at them off the car, I didn't like them at all. But felt it was an Opel deal, and I was hot into rebading mine into a Opel. Once I got them on, noticed they looked a little bigger, but actually fit the lines of the car better, I thought. Once you drive with them, game over, well at least it was fro me.. I like having the because they are rare, but I like having them because I think they are so much safer.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in