Best performing wind deflector - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post

Marvic, lowering yourself to name calling on the board is not needed. I realize I have offended you, it was not intentional. I have been involved with the auto industry/motorcycle/off road industry for many years. Communicating your appreciation to sponsors is something you just do. It is normal in every aspect. I have made these comments about DDM and Solo, never a comment from you. Your personal grudge with a supporting sponsor is not my concern, nor will it dictate how I talk about them, or when I do, so I suggest you get over it. Please no PM's with your childish comments. I expect higher actions from someone I considered a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
"Please no PM's with your childish comments."

That proves my point what a scheming conniver you really are by saying those words and trying to deceive the public with your topical brown nosing tactics.
I never took the incentive in sending you any PM message on my own UNLESS it was a reply to one of your countless 2 AM text messages to my phone or on this site.
I even had to give you hints as to not texting me that late but they kept on coming, had to shut-off my phone before I went to bed because it.
I'm sure many Kappa friends corresponding with you right now know what a pain in the A$$ you are with your stupid life story PMs...
And don't worry you will not getting any "childish comments" from me, you can bet on that...
Salute!
Okay, I think it's time you two just walk away from each other now. I'd say take this to PMs but...well...yea...pretty sure both of you don't want to do that. You guys both know this kind of back and forth BS is something I don't tolerate on the open boards. Any more posts like this will get edited/deleted depending on content. If the parties involved cannot voluntarily take a break from this, I'll see to it they have one involuntarily.

I HATE playing bad cop with guys I respect as much as I do you two.

Quote:
I do have-to-admit, I did leave a strong nasty PM to Robotech and I still feeling sorry that I did so.
No worries Vic...it's all good. We all get our moments but thank you for acknowledging that.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Some of you might care to check out the Mercedes Benz AIRCAP wind deflector. There's some YOUTUBE videos with flow vis.

Personally, I think the WR products are beautiful, and will help some with the reverse flow.
However, with windows down (otherwise, you are "converti-wimping" :-) ) I find the road noise and other vehicles a larger problem for DB than the wind noise of my car. (I need insulation under and around the car and a noise-cancelling sound system.)

As far as the hair goes... just let it be a badge of honor when you get out! :-)
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hi All!

Ashli here! Thank you all for the kind words! It was so awesome to meet so many of you at NASSAM this year -- glad you liked the trophies @skersfan!!!

As I'm sure you all know, our product for the Sky/Solstice is licensed by General Motors. I sure wish we had access to their testing and videos for those out there who enjoy reviewing numbers prior to purchasing, believe me I would love to share it all with you here!

Since we don't, I will make time to jump in our Sky soon make a video for you all! No promises on how quickly I can get it done - I hardly even get time to get on here anymore - thankfully Paul takes good care of you all for us!!!

As always - if you are in the Dallas area please feel free to swing by and shake our hands and check out our showroom! We have a Camaro, Corvette, and of course a Sky that we would love to take you for a test drive in to experience the difference.

As many have already said - the main differences in our patented products and other wind blockers on the market are:
-Licensed by General Motors and Ford Motor Company
-Custom Etchings and Illumination available
-Equally as impressive for styling as function
-No need for removal as you manipulate the top
-No Drilling or Permanent modification required
-Lifetime Warranty
-American Made, located in Dallas, TX!

Again, thank you all! Happy top-down driving!

XOXO -Ashli

tompass likes this.

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Forum Member" save 10%.
Windrestrictor®
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Also - please give me a call or write me directly - otherwise Paul will take great care of you here!

[email protected]
972-487-5987 ext 5

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Forum Member" save 10%.
Windrestrictor®
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
Look what Mr Google just found! A model car in a water tunnel.
Dam, that is some pretty ugly separation at the back end. I have been given a possible contact at work, who may have worked aero on Kappas. Keep your fingers crossed.
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
Dam, that is some pretty ugly separation at the back end. I have been given a possible contact at work, who may have worked aero on Kappas. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thank god you told me to cross my fingers. I was getting ready to hold my breath. LOL

Can't wait to see if you hear back from them. That would be very cool info!

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
The airflow that is shown in that picture is very consistent with what I have always believed we have.
I'm sure Robo has never seen it, but if you drive one of these cars in the rain, or on wet roads, the plume of spray they generate rivals a semi-truck.

I, too, am very interested is seeing whatever you can get. My fingers are already crossed too.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked

Last edited by JohnWR; 07-28-2016 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added ", or on wet roads,"
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
"...but if you drive one of these cars in the rain, the plume of spray they generate rivals a semi-truck."

Is that with the top down and windows open? :-)
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Yes, actually. I have been on wet roads with the top down, and of course, if the top is down the windows are open. Consider that most of the spray is generated by water sucked up off of the road, either aerodynamically or by the tires. Thanks for noting my omission, I have edited my post.

If you look at the flow lines, the top would be completely inside the flow going over the top of the WS, so it really would have little effect on what happens to the airflow behind the car. If anything having the top up will tend to hold the flow closer to the body.

As a side note: You can now understand why the spoilers have so little effect.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I have noticed that driving in the rain or through heavy puddles leaves QUITE a vapor trail behind us. Which is useful when you just want someone to BACK OFF.

post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
As a side note: You can now understand why the spoilers have so little effect.
Your absolutely correct!
Seems that from a convertible car wind test looks like the wind-force starts to breaks up once it reaches the top most part of the windshield frame.. Spoiler gets no down force with the convertible top down...
This picture here is unlike the demonstration picture posted here earlier with the wind rapping down and around the back section of the cockpit...
Wondering - just wondering, If these Wind blocker redirects wind force back into the cockpit through the sides of the plastic clear sheet. Remember, the Kappa Wind Blockers are tapered down at the sides and are not completely square sheet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLR-McLaren-wind-tunnel.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	82450  

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in