Confessions of a Sky owner: - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Confessions of a Sky owner:

Please help me…

Hypothetically, I might have bought my wife a Sky because I wanted one. But I love my wife, her happiness is important to me, and it was her Birthday. Never mind that I needed a present – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! Besides what kind of scum husband would do something like that??!!!

But I must confess to the following to cleanse my soul and I feel the kinship of this forum will help me get through this rough period in my life…

I have taken to buying milk in quart containers under the concern that it will be fresher that way. The fact that we need to go to the store, in the Sky of course, didn’t even enter my thought process.

I told my wife that I have undertaken a study to examine the regional effects and diversity in gasoline quality. Additionally, I will be less biased if I use gas stations out of my immediate area in the study. But most importantly only the turbo engine in the Sky can provide me with the feedback I need for this study. Also by using my statistics book I ws able to convince my wife that the best results will only be available if the sample size is large (more gas stations visited – back me up here guys).

I have also convinced my wife that during my study I have noticed an intermittent and very minute noise in the engine. Further it appears to be a low frequency noise, possibly only heard by the male ear. I have to be careful here, pressing my luck too much on this issue could result in her taking it back to the shop, and that is the LAST thing I want her to do.

By combining both the study and the noise, I can further use the excuse of NEEDING to travel on country roads to get accurate results. I might have taken this aspect a little too far when we debated winding roads vice those with sweeping turns.

Now the hard part to admit - even when I’m not driving our Sky, I have taken to deceiving my wife. Several times in the middle of the night she has caught me with the lights on staring at our Sky. So far I’ve gotten away with it by claiming to have heard a burglar and this last time I even chased him off. But now I have to use “plan B” – sleep walking.

So you see I have a problem. I am beginning to think my wife believes I have a mistress but so far I can point to the odometer and she knows otherwise. I need help – no I don’t plan to stop – I just need more excuses.

Signed, the Sky runs through my veins.

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:40 PM

.....must be a guy, I mean Sky thing...
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

R1chy

Have you tried, "We really should let it set all night on the tires they will get flat on the bottom if it isn't taken out at least once every evening"

Rusty

Bluestone Sky
Black Leather and Roof
Serial #11805 - Traded 8-2-2007

Midnight Blue RL
Black Leather and Roof
Serial #05941 - Picked Up 8-20-2007

What is the source of your user name:
https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8236
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyknight View Post
R1chy

Have you tried, "We really should let it set all night on the tires they will get flat on the bottom if it isn't taken out at least once every evening"
Thats great, let me go use it right now - back in a few hours.

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Thank God you have the strength to realize that you have a Sky addiction. I thought I was all alone w/ this affliction. I too have experienced almost all of your symptons. And I purchased the Sky for almost the same reason's..."to make her happy". After the last incident when I took her car out to "cool" down the running lights after use , she wised up and grounded me. Boy I sure am gonna miss her when my Sky Red Line gets here. ( shipped 9-10-06 )

I See Redlines
08 Sky RedLine Silver - 12-16-07
07 Sky RedLine Silver - 9-22-06
07 Base Sky Silver - 3-06
07 Aura
07 Outlook XR
06 Vue
05 VUE REDLINE
4-04 Ion RedLines
2-03 EFX Ion Coupes
2-02 EFX SC2 Coupes
2-98 SL2'S
1-08 ASTRA XR
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 09:55 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

My husband and I love to head out on Saturday mornings, grab brunch, go bike riding after shopping at REI, and tooling around Atlanta. When I bought this SKy I imagined this would be more fun with this car than our other cars. A van, a Taurus...very nice vehicles, but hey. I ordered while he was out of town, and he did not know anything about it. When he did find out, he got a little bent out of shape. I grinned at him knowingly..when the car arrives, I figured, "He'll get over it." The car arrives, and he tries to act nonchallant. Hrumph, all that, you know. Then, finally, a gorgeous Saturday morning breaks...and I toss him the keys, "Let's go have bloody marys and brunch downtown.." He tries to look put out. We head out on the treelined backroads...he is fighting a smile. I punch him and say, "You are such a considerate man to drive me around in this beautiful car, top down, wind in your hair...I appreciate the degree of suffering you are willing to endure on my behalf". He is hooked, and itches to drive this car but pretends it is "no big deal". My point is, your wife already knows what is going on. We smile inside about these things, and love ya all the same. My husband thinks he needs to test the safety on my behalf, and wants to chauffer me to the office so I won't have to bother with parking etc. It is all good. He is talking about buying himself a Redline now, so all that male pride I pricked when I bought a big ticket item without his kicking the tires first and approving seems to have gotten under control. I laughed at your story, thanks for the entertainment. You'll be fine. Nothing a little air won't fix.

Sky "Fast Enough" Owner since 7/15/06
Silver/Black leather
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Sounds like your wife needs to buy her own birthday present so the two of you have a matching set. You've already taken her gift back from her...you just have no intention of returning it to the store!

Enjoy!

"Shadow" (if the sun is out, she's right there with me)
Ordered 04/22/06 * Built 08/09/06 * Delivered 09/16/06
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

When your wife catches you and your SKY bathing together ... or you asleep in her seat .... well fella ... it is over.

honest honey .... it means nothing .... honest

"Lucifer" is my name!
Deposit:4-11-06 & Titled:11-28-06 SKY "Red Line" Silver Pearl, Black Wings on it's back, Bloody Red interior, Dejon intercooler/Solo Exhaust, Robert's screen.
If you suddenly feel warm, it is just me passing through grinning!
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Tinley Park
13 trips to the store for a dozen eggs -
1-1 eggs and the first for the box....

You know, they are fresher from the farm!

Rick Tinley Park

Delivered June 15, 2006
VIN - 3099
Sunburst Yellow
Painted Calipers
Brushed aluminum Interior panels
GM CAI
Yellow Engine cover and Fuse box
Custom Lighted Door Sills (WR)
Name - Sunni1
IL License # - YLO SKY 1
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:46 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1chy View Post
Please help me…

Hypothetically, I might have bought my wife a Sky because I wanted one. But I love my wife, her happiness is important to me, and it was her Birthday. Never mind that I needed a present – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! Besides what kind of scum husband would do something like that??!!!
Same story here, bro. I was lost the first time I sat in one at the dealer. Every time I get in, it's like climbing aboard a sailboat, and I know why men would go to sea and not want to come back.

Yesterday I bathed her, dried her off, and it started to rain. Couldn't go for a drive. So depressed. The sun finally came out around 6:00 PM; the roads dried, and I couldn't get in fast enough to run out for dinner with my wife (in her car) I even suffered through "letting" her drive both ways.

Often, I find myself standing in the garage, staring at the car and saying, "Hello, my name is Andrew and I'm a Skyaholic."

Forest Green
Snagged August 23, 2006
Spoiler
LSD
Manual
Black leather and top
Chrome wheels
6-disc Monsoon
post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:02 AM

How about "Honey, while testing the various gasolines and their quality, I saw a very unique gift store that I wanted to check out for your Christmas present. They had the perfect gift for you in the front window. Trouble is, I can't really remember exactly where it is since I was paying such close attention to my gasoline studies. I figured if I re-created the circumstances, driving the same car and all, (like when you go to a room to get something and have to return to where you originally had the thought to remember what you went after in the first place.) I would surely remember where it was and be able to delight you at Christmas." This should get you miles of smiles. Just be prepard to have that super gift at Christmas, or say "I did finally find it but it really wasn't special enough for you once I saw it close up and personal." Just trying to help a fellow Sky brother. P.S. I've got a million more if you like.
post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How about "Honey, while testing the various gasolines and their quality, I saw a very unique gift store that I wanted to check out for your Christmas present. They had the perfect gift for you in the front window. Trouble is, I can't really remember exactly where it is since I was paying such close attention to my gasoline studies. I figured if I re-created the circumstances, driving the same car and all, (like when you go to a room to get something and have to return to where you originally had the thought to remember what you went after in the first place.) I would surely remember where it was and be able to delight you at Christmas." This should get you miles of smiles. Just be prepard to have that super gift at Christmas, or say "I did finally find it but it really wasn't special enough for you once I saw it close up and personal." Just trying to help a fellow Sky brother. P.S. I've got a million more if you like.
No, we'll figure that out too.

Silver/Black leather
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
R1chy,
Your wife is a blonde, isn't she? (Uh oh, I'm in trouble NOW.) YOU, on the other hand must have blue eyes because you are over a quart low on BS. I, on the other hand, will have no such issues. My wife loves her Silhouette, and can't grasp WHY there are different grades of gas, and the only noise she hears in a moving vehicle is ME asking "did you have a nice nap?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, twenty five years of wedded #%$(**^*% bliss! Of course I am going to roll out even LARGER buckets of BS than you did when I try to explain why I will be KEEPING my GT6+ and TR8. (Honey, it's important to have these old British cars to more completely appreciate what a wonderful purchase the Sky was!!)
post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Bob,
( LEt me preface...all in fun since the smile gets lost in cyber space as I type)

You don't get it. None of this is going over his wife's head. And if your wife didn't want those cars you have as much as you do, you would not have them. He is not full of pooh,. When girls go shopping together, we laugh at you all, we compare these tall tales, and howl for hours while sipping cosmopolitans. Blonde, Redhead, Brunette, silver haired devils...it makes no difference...we are onto your tricks, have been for centuries...and they amuse us. We outnumber you guys 7-1, more of us are registered to vote, and we vote more than you do, we make virtually all the buying choices..one way or another....even if you haven't figured it out, and more often than not, your boss is now a chick... Check your ads..you see as many beefcake ads (men scantily clad prancing around pushing product) than ever before...(Diet coke man...hubba-hubba). We think the stories are cute, and entire sitcoms have been written...taken from real womens' experiences with lovable dopes like ya'll ...about the misadventures that befall menfolk when they try to pull one over on their girls. And if I haven't convinced you that we are taking over the world, then consider this: Some of you are using the same goo we do on your faces to stay young looking !!! You said it yourself, you drive, she takes a nap...what a deal!!!!

Silver/Black leather
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywulf View Post
Bob,
( LEt me preface...all in fun since the smile gets lost in cyber space as I type)

You don't get it. None of this is going over his wife's head. And if your wife didn't want those cars you have as much as you do, you would not have them. He is not full of pooh,. When girls go shopping together, we laugh at you all, we compare these tall tales, and howl for hours while sipping cosmopolitans. Blonde, Redhead, Brunette, silver haired devils...it makes no difference...we are onto your tricks, have been for centuries...and they amuse us. We outnumber you guys 7-1, more of us are registered to vote, and we vote more than you do, we make virtually all the buying choices..one way or another....even if you haven't figured it out, and more often than not, your boss is now a chick... Check your ads..you see as many beefcake ads (men scantily clad prancing around pushing product) than ever before...(Diet coke man...hubba-hubba). We think the stories are cute, and entire sitcoms have been written...taken from real womens' experiences with lovable dopes like ya'll ...about the misadventures that befall menfolk when they try to pull one over on their girls. And if I haven't convinced you that we are taking over the world, then consider this: Some of you are using the same goo we do on your faces to stay young looking !!! You said it yourself, you drive, she takes a nap...what a deal!!!!
Meow

Forest Green
Snagged August 23, 2006
Spoiler
LSD
Manual
Black leather and top
Chrome wheels
6-disc Monsoon

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in