how do you bluetooth to the monsoon stereo - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 11:40 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY_RADSTER View Post
MM, keeping the factory head unit in place, what is the best method for streaming music to the monsoon system? I'd like my phone to pair automatically when I turn the car on.
Since I do not subscribe to a SMART phone...I cannot answer that question. I have my music on a USB flash drive...my factory radio has a USB port.

Your phone does pair automatically to bluetoothe when your engine is turned on..providing u have a blutooth antenna in your VCIM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Since I do not subscribe to a SMART phone...I cannot answer that question. I have my music on a USB flash drive...my factory radio has a USB port.

Your phone does pair automatically to bluetoothe when your engine is turned on..providing u have a blutooth antenna in your VCIM..
Yes, this is true for making phone calls.

My pursuit is music streaming well and clear. Is there a USB cord I can install in the glove box for the AUX connection?

I once had this 'chargable' bluetooth thing/dongle that you plug into the aux port on the front of the head unit, it would just dangle down but I had to take the thing off to recharge it back at home and I thought the thing was garbage.

Sold 2001 Toyota Solara SLE convertible DWP
Sold 2008 Sky Redline GMPP Silver Pearl
DD Hyundai Elantra hatchback SWP
Weekend 2008 Sky Redline Ruby Red SE
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 04:51 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY_RADSTER View Post
Yes, this is true for making phone calls.

My pursuit is music streaming well and clear. Is there a USB cord I can install in the glove box for the AUX connection?

I once had this 'chargable' bluetooth thing/dongle that you plug into the aux port on the front of the head unit, it would just dangle down but I had to take the thing off to recharge it back at home and I thought the thing was garbage.
Rather than explain what people used to do, here is a suggestion. Get yourself a Cobalt or Malibu USB radio. It comes with an extra amp....you will need to adjust the sound because if u turn the knob to a higher pitch, u will blow your speakers....it is the extra amp. Taking apart your dash to install your radio is easy...many instructions are posted. The downfall to this AMP. Your chimes when opening/closing your door is also loud. Your directions when used will also be loud. A positive to these radios is....your bezel /faceplate of the radio is silver which matches your console...looks terrific but if u wish to change it to piano black, they r interchangeable. Your readout on the radio will no longer be amber. It will be teal but u can have amber if u wish for continuity. I will explain how that works if u wish to change that at a later date. The last thing...if u buy a used radio, u will need to have it programmed to your Vin number by a GM dealership. They are Vin specific.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
In response to the streaming question @SKY_RADSTER ... NO you cannot stream to a factory radio. Even the cars with Bluetooth do not support streaming audio.

The Aux port is a simple analog audio input, no connection to USB. The USB radios (only a select few have them) only have a USB port on the front faceplate.

If you wanna do what you wanna do, you need a new aftermarket radio that supports streaming.
SKY_RADSTER likes this.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
This is probably way too basic for what you are discussing; however, I simply plugged the thing shown in the picture into the aux port. The adaptor is good for about six hours. I recharge it by occasionally plugging a cable from the adaptor into one of the USB power outlets to the right.

My phone works through the car speakers; people say the sound quality during calls is good. Music/audio from the smsrtphone sounds good vua the Monsoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_235034_1537847699605.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	102927  
jshines likes this.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line, Midnight Blue

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in