How Much Should One Expect To Pay - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
How Much Should One Expect To Pay

for a triple black redline with 15000 miles
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
$12,500
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

really? i talked to a guy that was asking 16k is he dreaming in color?
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:04 AM

A lot of ways to look at it.

If you like modifications that add power to the base Redline HP, you might like what he/she has added. But if you aren't interested in added power and want your car to remain stock (and potentially fewer long range repair expenses and headaches), then maybe you don't want that car. Of course color choice is always something each one of us is looking to find and maybe that car is checking that box for you.

Said another way, as a seller all of your upgrade expenses may have difficulty finding that buyer.

And, don't forget that cars with low mileage like that one are all over out there. Just name the mileage you want the car to have, and you will find it is out there. Just give it a little time and it will show. They do it all the time.

The asking price is high IMO.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

True but how often do they show up in your back yard and not half way around the country. But I do agree 16 sounds over priced to me too
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomypasta View Post
True but how often do they show up in your back yard and not half way around the country. But I do agree 16 sounds over priced to me too
Three years ago this month I found my car in Arkansas online. It is a Redline version with under 25k when I purchased it. Since it was 900 miles away i really couldn't just drive over and look at it but after 2 years of looking I pretty much knew what I was looking for and what questions to ask. Mine was a one owner and I was able to see all of the maintenance records so I had a fairly good idea of what I was getting. I had set a personal limit on the mileage and I had a hard budget that I wouldn't exceed. I ended up paying around $11,500 for the car and $400 to ship it to Ohio. My personal opinion is that $16,000 seems fairly high for a Black on Black redline in 2019, but if you are comfortable paying that much then that is all that matters. I also believe that there are many lower mileage cars available if you look hard enough. However if you are itching to pull the trigger, see if you can negotiate the price and go for it!!! Keep in mind that like most of the folks here, you are going to want to make some changes or do some mods on the car. Take that into consideration when establishing a budget for yourself.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjohn2018 View Post
Three years ago this month I found my car in Arkansas online. It is a Redline version with under 25k when I purchased it. Since it was 900 miles away i really couldn't just drive over and look at it but after 2 years of looking I pretty much knew what I was looking for and what questions to ask. Mine was a one owner and I was able to see all of the maintenance records so I had a fairly good idea of what I was getting. I had set a personal limit on the mileage and I had a hard budget that I wouldn't exceed. I ended up paying around $11,500 for the car and $400 to ship it to Ohio. My personal opinion is that $16,000 seems fairly high for a Black on Black redline in 2019, but if you are comfortable paying that much then that is all that matters. I also believe that there are many lower mileage cars available if you look hard enough. However if you are itching to pull the trigger, see if you can negotiate the price and go for it!!! Keep in mind that like most of the folks here, you are going to want to make some changes or do some mods on the car. Take that into consideration when establishing a budget for yourself.
If you ever want to sell that thing, shoot me a PM! I am near the akron/canton area.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post
If you ever want to sell that thing, shoot me a PM! I am near the akron/canton area.
Right now I'm having way too much fun with it!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:12 AM

Tomypasta, it just occurred to me you haven't really told us anything about the car. A VIN run would tell us what it is.

By WHAT IT IS, I'm referring to the possibility that it could be a Special Edition car and those are limited production cars. IIRC that would make it a 2009. Heck, we don't even know the year you are looking at. (does Carbon Flash sound familiar?)

So what I'm saying is I don't know much about the car you are considering, so it is pretty hard to add any dollars to the $12,500 top dollar....asking. Just as mtdjohn2018 has pointed out above on his purchase at $11.5K.

I recently communicated with a Conneticut low mileage buyer of a Redline and am recalling about 13K miles, give or takee was on that one. I'd have to review the posts, but I'm remembering $11-$13K from a dealer.

Last edited by 44thSKY; 04-12-2019 at 09:30 AM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

There's no carbon fiber on hood.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

How do u do a vin run
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:09 AM

compnine.com for a vin report. shows manufacturing specs and options when car was built.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
Tomypasta, it just occurred to me you haven't really told us anything about the car. A VIN run would tell us what it is.

By WHAT IT IS, I'm referring to the possibility that it could be a Special Edition car and those are limited production cars. IIRC that would make it a 2009. Heck, we don't even know the year you are looking at. (does Carbon Flash sound familiar?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomypasta View Post
There's no carbon fiber on hood.
Carbon Flash was a Special Edition color. The color is a very dark charcoal grey with a heavy metallic flake in it and silver stripes. The interior is also a dark gray (all Sky leather interiors have this same base dark gray) with silver seat inserts, door panel inserts and steering wheel inserts. The other two special edition colors are Hydro Blue (a lighter blue color with silver stripes) and Ruby Red (a darker red that was available as a standard color as well as in the special edition) with black stripes. The latter two Special Editions also had special edition 10 spoke chrome wheels (I like to call them split fives as it looks like a 5 spoke wheel with each spoke "split" into two sections). IIRC, the Carbon Flash is the most common SE car with the Ruby Red being the second most common and the Hydro Blue being pretty rare.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Carbon Flash was a Special Edition color. The color is a very dark charcoal grey with a heavy metallic flake in it and silver stripes. ...........
I think the gray look actually comes from the metallic. This color is also called Black Granite Metallic, and if there is any gray to the pigment it is the darkest gray I have ever seen.

Whatever it is, it is tied with Midnight Blue Metallic as my favorite color. I wish I could have one of each. Oh, wait .....
Robotech likes this.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
$1.83.. nice deal IF you can get it lol.

Nah.. 16k is dreaming. 15k miles is nice, but there are other cars out there with less miles, for the same 16kish money.
Hard to know.. when to pull the trigger on the dream car purchase. Your mind says one thing, your heart and right foot says different.
Impulse buy or nah too much to repair/replace, upgrade on this model/yr. or make for me right now... I was in the Impulse buy category myself. 2 days, cash purchase, drive home the 130 miles smiling away. Mission Accomplished. Job well done.

Hard to pass up a potential buy on your car when it is close like in your own backyard.
No travel time to, no shipping charges to haggled out between buyer & seller. No wait time either
Go and purchase, get new tags & reg. insurance is out of the way, and drive it home, smiling like a little schoolgirl. IF you wait you "might" find a better deal money wise later, maybe less miles wear & tear... a budget that fits the next new improvements you might make.. or have to repair. Save for the WP now moment or "other" un-foresceen expensive circumstances that prevent the Permagrin.. Stock or modded, low miles with sh*tty maintenance or High miles with many mods costs after purchase is always a question to consider too? Used is used. Sometimes you make out, sometimes you don't. Buyer beware.

I think I paid 13,645. for mine, sight un-seen. They tried to charge me 14,800 but I talked them down. You should try to talk him down from 16k. Can't hurt any? IF he the seller wants to make a deal, you'll have your car. It's your money... you can wait. He might not want too long for a sale either. Fast cash now in hand, is better than no cash wait forever for the right buyer to show up or not... know what I mean?

Luck with it...

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 04-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in