THE HYDRO BLUE DATABASE thread - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:31 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Wouldn't these cars though have an accurate build date of when they came off the line finally? I mean, we would never know what order for that day they rolled off the line, but we'd have a good idea of their place in the build history, yes?
This is ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1821 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Correct, that data is available and that is what I used to compile my previous post.
I figured that was the case but the post I quoted didn't make that clear and I don't like to ASSuME. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tporter View Post
Looking at a hydro blue
Vin# 1G8MD35B79Y107900
Anyone have any info on this car?
Build date, carfax info? TIA
Sorry, don't check in very often..
You have 3 open Recalls.
N162080281 2006-2010 MY Pontiac Solstice, Saturn SKY - Passenger presence system (PPS) 06/20/2017 Open
N140113 REPLACE IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER AND IGNITION KEY 04/16/2014 Open
N140092 IGNITION SWITCH REPLACEMENT 04/03/2014 Open

Your onstar is inactive your XM status shows as Active.

The rear compartment Lid Hinge was replaced at 460mi on 8/19/2009
at SATURN OF MADISON
310 WEST BELTLINE HIGHWAY
MADISON WI 53713-2609

Invoice date was 5/4/2009
SATURN OF ROCKFORD
343 N PERRYVILLE RD
ROCKFORD IL 61107-6201

Delivered 8/3/2009
To same as invoice

Manual Trans
Baseline 2.4L
UW5 6 speaker sound system
U2K xm Sat radio

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tporter View Post
Looks like i got me a car!
Care to share how many miles and cost?

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
It was built 5/1/2009. .
Uhm, can we get into what it means built on 5/1 ... a car is built along a line and might not get out in one day.

I show the last scan at the plant was 5.4.2009
The Body control module and some of the sensors were installed on 5/1/2009.

The 3 day gap seems large, my guess it got pulled for something, and final scan was 5/4

And on the discussion of which car was built first.. well scan info shows time.. this was scanned at 13:22:00

Before others asked, my enthusiasm for this was killed a several years ago, hence why initial post is deleted. I probably have 1/3 to 1/2 the cars (including scan times) pulled into my database (LOL engineer speak for excel spreadsheet) For Hydro Blues.. probably will never finish... but To the question.. yes someone could compile a build order including time of last scan so you would know the real order.

EDIT-- took me 5 min to even find it.. got through car 50. and did 89. so hey only 48 more to go..

I am a GM Engineer.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO

Last edited by davhamm; 12-04-2019 at 05:42 PM.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:43 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
Uhm, can we get into what it means built on 5/1 ... a car is built along a line and might not get out in one day.
All I know is what was in the information that GM released to NHTSA with regard to the PPS recall. Robo and I and a few others have copies of that info.

When GM says the build date was 5/1, that is close enough for me, it's also the best info I have from what GM released to the NHTSA.

For the most part it is relatively immaterial, except as it relates to all the other build dates that are on the lists.

I am well aware of the bust out, bust in cycling and that a car may spend more than one day on the line. For the future, shall I assume the the GM sourced "build date" is when the car started down the line? or when it rolled off the end of the line?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Thank you.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:29 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
An educated guess is the build date is the day it receives a Vin number.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 12:26 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
The VIN number is assigned before the vehicle starts down the assembly line.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
The VIN number is assigned before the vehicle starts down the assembly line.

Exactly....not saying this is gospel....but u know the sticker that is placed on your side of the door...it has the build date and Vin#....I say that that is printed the exact time the Vin# is assigned....not saying this is gospel but it would seem logical.

If u go to UTube and view how our car goes down the assembly line....u never see that sticker being applied when the car is completed.
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post

I show the last scan at the plant was 5.4.2009
The Body control module and some of the sensors were installed on 5/1/2009.

The 3 day gap seems large, my guess it got pulled for something, and final scan was 5/4

And on the discussion of which car was built first.. well scan info shows time.. this was scanned at 13:22:00

Before others asked, my enthusiasm for this was killed a several years ago, hence why initial post is deleted. I probably have 1/3 to 1/2 the cars (including scan times) pulled into my database (LOL engineer speak for excel spreadsheet) For Hydro Blues.. probably will never finish... but To the question.. yes someone could compile a build order including time of last scan so you would know the real order.

EDIT-- took me 5 min to even find it.. got through car 50. and did 89. so hey only 48 more to go..
Sir, you have no idea how I wish I had access to the build data you do. LOL The only folks capable of compiling that info are those who work for GM. Us mere mortals don't have access to that kind of data that I know of. (Otherwise I'd probably have a new hobby....)

And as a software developer, blasphemy you calling an Excel spreadsheet a database. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 01:42 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Exactly....not saying this is gospel....but u know the sticker that is placed on your side of the door...it has the build date and Vin#....I say that that is printed the exact time the Vin# is assigned....not saying this is gospel but it would seem logical.
Well, if your door label is like mine, it doesn't show a "build date", it shows a "build month".

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 01:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Sir, you have no idea how I wish I had access to the build data you do. LOL The only folks capable of compiling that info are those who work for GM. Us mere mortals don't have access to that kind of data that I know of. (Otherwise I'd probably have a new hobby....)

And as a software developer, blasphemy you calling an Excel spreadsheet a database. LOL
I would echo that sentiment, exactly.

For the most part, the only difference between a spreadsheet and a "database" is the way you are looking at the data.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

For the most part, the only difference between a spreadsheet and a "database" is the way you are looking at the data.
Physically, a database table and a spreadsheet table are no different from one another. They can be identical. It comes down to purpose.

Spreadsheets are for crunching numeric data and achieving some kind of output.
Databases are for organizing data to make it easier to relate it to other data and filter specific data.

Though spreadsheets can do lookups and Database reports can calculate figures, these tasks are not accomplished nearly as well as they are in the other program.

I used both when putting together my report on the air bag recall. All the data I gathered I put into a database then ran queries to pull out the specific data I was looking for. I could then export that to Excel to run calculations and produce the graphs and comparisons I put in the report. I could have done it in one or the other, but it was easier to just separate the duties.

Coming back round to the topic though, I was only getting on to the engineer about that comparison. LOL I'd be more interested in helping him find his interest in this again to complete the "database".

EDIT: I just got to thinking about this, If we could get a table from @davhamm that included the vin for each vehicle we could use that as a unique key field and combine his data with the data we have provided to NHTSA by GM for the recall into one table in about 10 seconds using a simple join query in a database. We'd only need vin and then whatever extra data beyond build date, warranty date, and the info we can gleam from the vin such as SE editions, trans type, and Redline/GXP/Base/Sky/Solstice...

I've ran queries for SE editions just so I can quickly pull that data.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 12-05-2019 at 02:15 PM.
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Physically, a database table and a spreadsheet table are no different from one another. They can be identical. It comes down to purpose.

Spreadsheets are for crunching numeric data and achieving some kind of output.
Databases are for organizing data to make it easier to relate it to other data and filter specific data.

Though spreadsheets can do lookups and Database reports can calculate figures, these tasks are not accomplished nearly as well as they are in the other program.

I used both when putting together my report on the air bag recall. All the data I gathered I put into a database then ran queries to pull out the specific data I was looking for. I could then export that to Excel to run calculations and produce the graphs and comparisons I put in the report. I could have done it in one or the other, but it was easier to just separate the duties.

Coming back round to the topic though, I was only getting on to the engineer about that comparison. LOL I'd be more interested in helping him find his interest in this again to complete the "database".

EDIT: I just got to thinking about this, If we could get a table from @davhamm that included the vin for each vehicle we could use that as a unique key field and combine his data with the data we have provided to NHTSA by GM for the recall into one table in about 10 seconds using a simple join query in a database. We'd only need vin and then whatever extra data beyond build date, warranty date, and the info we can gleam from the vin such as SE editions, trans type, and Redline/GXP/Base/Sky/Solstice...

I've ran queries for SE editions just so I can quickly pull that data.
Odd, I can't see this or many of the other recent posts to this thread in the thread..

Robo, I got that and whole lot more.

I am a GM Engineer.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT...

It's just a VIN or its a VI number... it is not a Vehicle Identification Number Number.

pet peeve.

I am a GM Engineer.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in