Kappa??? Puritalia 427 - Cars and Coffee Caserta - San Leucio - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Kappa??? Puritalia 427 - Cars and Coffee Caserta - San Leucio

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/others/2019-puritalia-berlinetta-ar184857.html[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oo3...nKe-hLR4WLHBfk

A plug-in hybrid GT from Italy that channels the ’60s through every pore. Michael Fira, on April 3, 2019

This is a two-door sports car that fools you into thinking it hides an almighty engine under the prolonged front hood and nothing more only to find out it’s actually a modern plug-in hybrid that features cues from the Ferrari 250 GTO and the Shelby Cobra and delivers 951 horsepower in exchange for $625,000. We’ve been feverishly discussing in the past few weeks about the sheer number of electric cars at the 2019 Geneva Auto Show and, particularly, the large variety of electric supercars. We saw mid-engined missiles like the Pininfarina Battista, four-door shooting brake concepts like the Italdesign Da Vinci, and even luxurious convertibles like the Sciadipersia Cabriolet built by Carrozzeria Touring of Milan. Also from Italy came this thing, a proper grand tourer with all the curves in the right places and a hybrid drivetrain that will power it into the future. Puritalia has a record of appearing and disappearing, so it’ll be interesting to see if the Berlinetta will actually be put into production or if the company will vanish again as it did after introducing the 427 Roadster in 2015.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Looks kind of like a Kappa, but has a smallish conventional hood, no tulip panel, and I don't see provision for a top. Could be a heavily reworked Kappa, idk.

Kansas Bill
2008 Silver Red Line
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:33 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Garage
It is truly ugly....keep it...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting looking car. Has some Kappa likeness, lines, style to it. BUT...
Not the same in my book imo. Looks more along the lines of a re-worked Fiat 124.

Has a trunk, but no top? Side exhaust in front of the rear wheels.
The more pronounced Humps... as a roll bar maybe? The gas filler cap location, with bling access?
Rear tail lights look Solstice like... sort of. Bigger almost Lexus like SC version.

The front is completely different. Has what looks like the Fiat 4C headlights, maybe a Miata round bugeyes?
The side vent is different, almost looks cut off, body sculpture lines on the top half of the door, not the bottom like ours does?

I wonder if this is a rework of the Turuo/Opel GT model from Spain from a couple of years ago?
As far as it looks like the English roadsters of the 60's? IDK.. maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder... so they say.

$625K you don't say? I have that exact amount laying around in my pennies jar.. do they except Pay-Pal as a form of payment?
Different? Yes. One off design? Maybe... Kopy of the Kappa or the original Vauxhall prototype? Could be... I guess

Big brakes package hiding behind some interesting rims. Interior looks very different. Something is off with it in my eye.
Different seats, glove box center console. NO cup holders... Clean and spartan through out but dull.

I think imo it is a one off design, taken form cues from 3 different cars. The 4C / Miata/Fiat 124 and the Solstice/Lexus.. the Kappa in general.
Now for $625K... I can think of other cars I would rather have than this model, but like our model it does attract the masses attention because everything else they have seen before looks the same until... their eyes see the Kappa or in this case Puritalia.

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 05-06-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in