Saturn Sky Forum banner

This little guy is starting to piss me off!!!

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Rusty Boltz 
#1 ·
Sporadic issues with the cruise. Occasional hard to fill the tank. Door locks work with fob but not switch. Turn signal return stopped working. Keeps throwing the P0011 code, after new thermostat and a few other things, key hangs up incessantly before it'll turn and start.

Maybe 135,000 miles and it's done? I bought it after a tree fell on the hood/fender as a throw away parts runner, long distance job checker and I've liked the little guy, but it's starting to really annoy me.

Just last week I was getting the hankering to return to some road racing and contemplating a set of track tires and wheels and pads, wondering how it would do and I've about decided it ain't the wagon for that venue.

Bought a 67 camaro with the idea to make it a dedicated track car with an LS3/6spd. Gonna hafta see if I hang onto the sky for the next 6 months or so,while building the maro.

So...door locks work via fob but not switch??? Turn signal return fix??? Give me some reason to give this little fart some love after its crappin on me...

#3 ·
Occasional hard to fill the tank.
This is an emissions issue. Just do a search here in the upper right corner for hard to fill gas tank....

Door locks work with fob but not switch. Turn signal return stopped working. Keeps throwing the P0011 code, after new thermostat and a few other things, key hangs up incessantly before it'll turn and start.
P0011 is easily fixed with intake and exhaust camshaft solenoids....about $45/each. Easily replaceable...about 3 minutes each. They sit on the front of the engine in the valve cover. Can be caused by dirty/low oil sometimes....

Door locks sounds like a loose wire between the switch and bcm.

Again, there's multiple posts on all of your items...just type it in the upper right corner search line....and scroll down after it comes up... It'll give you all the post pertaining to your search...

#5 ·
Again, there's multiple posts on all of your items...just type it in the upper right corner search line....and scroll down after it comes up... It'll give you all the post pertaining to your search...
Upper right corner of every page: click on the magnifying glass, and a search box will drop down, type in your keyword and the forum will find your solution, or several.

:thumbs:

#8 ·
There is a good step by step guide I wrote somewhere. Sorry to lazy to search for it.

My guide eliminates a few steps by carefully twisting and removing stalk.

Reactions: Ric Eller
#7 ·
If the turn signal stalk replacement doesn't fix the issue I FINALLY fix mine through another method.

I had taken my stalk apart and it looked perfect. Flipped the pin anyways, and it changed nothing. Then I pulled the clockspring out of my car and found the problem.
WARNING Do this VERY carefully or take it somewhere.

On the back of the clockspring is a little plastic piece that just pops in. Its what hits the catch of the turn signal to make it return. This piece can come off. Mine did.
Popped it back in, turn signals work perfectly now =)

#11 · (Edited)
I guess I should have checked in before taking it to the dealer. $400 later the turn signal return works but on the 3rd try at the dealer the key still hangs up. So annoying!!!
But I did change out the cam sensors and it was time to change the oil so that got done.

Little retainers that hold the convertible top cable have broke on one side and I'm not sure where to find them so I just keep the top up.

And since buying a fix it piece for the console pull out cup holder and getting it all to work...I pulled it out the other day very gently and it broke again.

Since deep sixing the old camaro road race idea I guess this will be the track car and then several of these things won't matter...not.

#12 ·
I guess I should have checked in before taking it to the dealer. $400 later the turn signal return works but on the 3rd try at the dealer the key still hangs up. So annoying!!!
But I did change out the cam sensors and it was time to change the oil so that got done.

Little retainers that hold the convertible top cable have broke on one side and I'm not sure where to find them so I just keep the top up.

And since buying a fix it piece for the console pull out cup holder and getting it all to work...I pulled it out the other day very gently and it broke again.

Since deep sixing the old camaro road race idea I guess this will be the track car and then several of these things won't matter...not.
Again: "Search" is your friend. Parts are cheap in the "help" section at your auto parts store. Fix takes about 5 minutes of your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.