A little obsessed - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sky4christ
  • 1 Post By Sky4christ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
A little obsessed

So I think I like my car too much. Everyone at work (mind you there are 2 buildings of approximately 3700 people total.) Thinks I am nuts, I am the only one in the parking lot that covers his car daily. It doesnt bother me much when I talk about covering my car and the response I get allot is "oh, you're THAT guy, we always wondered who covered their car" what they dont know and what I probably shouldn't admit to yall, is that not only do I cover my car every day, I keep a trash bag in my trunk for days like today when it rains and my car cover gets all wet. Why you may ask, I dont want to get my trunk liner wet........ so car cover goes into the garbage bag..😂
marlboromike likes this.

Driving an 08 Saturn Astra
To keep the miles off my garage queen (#58 of 89 Saturn Sky Hydro Blue Redline)
and contemplating Buying an old Opel GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:37 PM
CPB

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
sounds like a smart idea to me

08 Solstice GXP MYSTERIOUS
RMR style bar Black
GMPP tune
back up light covers Black mesh
GXP airbag light cover
3rd brake light decal SOLSTICE
Eyelids painted to match body color
VERDE CALIBRE wheels
Opel GT antenna
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
Haven't seen you one here for awhile, if I missed you I am sorry.

Your story sounds totally normal to me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Ahhhh THAT guy the one who covers his car, every single day. Sure can miss that, when we are looking out
the windows day dreaming about our drive home, among the masses of cars in our parking lots.
Just one car way out there... THAT has the cover.

Nothing wrong with that. Let's look at this from your cars stand point... There is only one of "me" out here
in this sea of parking lot asphalt un-heaven, and I am special ( 1 of 89 in fact here thank you very much ),
so I get special treatment from my owner.
So as you the owner looks around the parking lot, there is only... one Sky out there? Yours.
Out of all those owners, there can't be only one car nut, who cares about their car that much?
MB-BMW-Audi, Caddy... many high dollar cars sitting out in the parking lot of hell?

Then the cover comes off, and the pristine finish is still there for the drive home. No bird poop, no tree sap, fly sh*
adorning your baby. No pre wipe before the drive home. Then there is the unexpected fast passing storm,
with flying debri trash from the lot, the odd tree branches snapped like a twig, leaves stuck to your windshield, unlike others.

Protecting the outside is important. UV rays to damage the painted surfaces, plus the overall attack to your interior too.
I spent X amount of dollars on this "cover" to do exactly what it was intended err designed to do protect the current value
of my one & only car in this parking lot from damage. Nothing wrong with THAT in my book. Keep up the good fight against
mother nature. AND... I just bet, that those other 3700 people, don't "smile" as much as you do, on their drive home from the
2 buildings of doom & gloom, err the 9-5 grind.

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 08-31-2019 at 06:21 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
I was going to do this at my last place of employment with my Challenger....but I had a MAJOR reason....bee poop. Yes...bees poop. And it's a waxy, yellow dot that they leave, that is a bi7ch to clean off your car. I would have well over 500 of these little dots every single day. Every other day I was washing my car. There was a golf course next door that hired a beekeeper to pollinate all the flowers on the course. And the beekeeper didn't do his/her research before setting those hives up. You see, honey bees can only fly at up to a 45 degree angle when they take off....so you use tree lines as a directional barrier. This forces them one direction.... Well, this guy set them up on the wrong side of an open field, forcing all of them directly over our parking lot. (I know all this because I did research hoping to figure out how to keep them away from our parking lot...that's how bad it got 3 summers ago!!)

So, now that I went off the rails complaining about bee poop, I can say this. If there is a reason....birds...bugs....trees....or bees, I can see covering your car. If these don't exhist around your parking lot, there is no reason to do this as when the wind blows, that cover is moving over your paint, acts just like fine sandpaper.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
I thought you sold your hydro blue.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
I thought you sold your hydro blue.
naa I had it for sale but never really wanted to sell, so I put a high price on it that would pry the car away from me but I am glad no one wants to pay it because I'd really hate to sell..
Rusty Boltz likes this.

Driving an 08 Saturn Astra
To keep the miles off my garage queen (#58 of 89 Saturn Sky Hydro Blue Redline)
and contemplating Buying an old Opel GT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky4christ View Post
naa I had it for sale but never really wanted to sell, so I put a high price on it that would pry the car away from me but I am glad no one wants to pay it because I'd really hate to sell..

I offered mine up to some one looking, told them $40k but the wife would still have to approve that even. Never heard from them again, I don't know why.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Your story reminds me of the guys who buy the padded front end Bra's to protect their cars. Then after years of driving, they go to sell take the bra off and find that the paint wore off in a few contact spots.

Be careful and make sure you tighten down the cover so the wind doesn't blow it around and scratch the paint.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in