Needed T2 stripes - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By skersfan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Needed T2 stripes

I know this isn't the Solstice Forum, but thought maybe someone here might have a connection to a vinyl person. I need new black T2 strips for my car. Mine are full of splits...and I'm thinking yet of selling my car. I personally think the strips add a bit to my car as it's white. So I would like to replace them because I think it'll have more appeal. So if anyone knows someone. Tony from ASP Graphics did mine originally...but he's no longer reachable. I found another vendor, but they don't do the exact T2 strip, their's are just straight line strips....and I want the T2 design if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 03:50 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
Where ever you are located there is a graphics artist. Any Graphics shop can make them for you. Take the car in have them look at it. Most likely will take pictures of it and quote you exactly what it will cost to make them, clean the old ones off and install new ones. Have it done professionally, as there will most likely be paint fade around them. I"m guessing around 200 bucks to have it done. I would never order them on line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Go to auto trim design.net and youíll find two different stripe styles for the cars. Iíve had mine on for over 2 years and they are fine. I had them applied by a graphics company. Didnít do it myself. Your call.

2009 Sky Redline Silver Pearl, Red on Black

HFCat,Braces,Werks Sway bars,Werks Intake,OEM Spoiler,Racing stripes, MRZ Black Caps,RPI exhaust, Norm(Diffuser,Splitter,Skirts),JPM(console,shifter ,shroud),PillarPod,WaterMeth
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Where ever you are located there is a graphics artist. Any Graphics shop can make them for you. Take the car in have them look at it. Most likely will take pictures of it and quote you exactly what it will cost to make them, clean the old ones off and install new ones. Have it done professionally, as there will most likely be paint fade around them. I"m guessing around 200 bucks to have it done. I would never order them on line.
You would be wrong. Just to set it up before they're cut, $200. $200 to cut them. $100 to remove my old ones and $200 to install new ones...So $700.... Already had a quote. That's why I need Tony!!! LOL The guy I know that said if he could get the T2 plat from someone, he would cut them for less then $60 for me. But uninstalling and reinstalling he wants $300. So he's 1/2 the price and he's been doing vinyl for at least 20 years. He just won't touch it unless he gets the actual layout/plat from someone.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Go to auto trim design.net and you’ll find two different stripe styles for the cars. I’ve had mine on for over 2 years and they are fine. I had them applied by a graphics company. Didn’t do it myself. Your call.
This company is my backup plan...but they aren't quite what I'm looking for. Mine get narrow about a foot before the windshield. The ones this company sells are straight. The pic below is actually what mine look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T2 stripes.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	105573  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:24 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
You would be wrong. Just to set it up before they're cut, $200. $200 to cut them. $100 to remove my old ones and $200 to install new ones...So $700.... Already had a quote. That's why I need Tony!!! LOL The guy I know that said if he could get the T2 plat from someone, he would cut them for less then $60 for me. But uninstalling and reinstalling he wants $300. So he's 1/2 the price and he's been doing vinyl for at least 20 years. He just won't touch it unless he gets the actual layout/plat from someone.
You are going to the wrong person....what a custom designer does...they take a picture with a camera, then they take the picture from the camera and put it into the computer...it goes to another machine and cuts the pattern. The whole process takes 10 mins.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
I have been using graphic artists for over 30 years, on all my race trucks. I don't know where you got quotes from. I have a lot of graphics on my cars. Complete wraps, top and hood done on my FJ, the yellow has the hood and the trunk, windshield basket handle, tulip panel. Stripes are easy peasy. Someone is ripping you off if you paid 700.00 for stripes.
marlboromike likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Nope...haven't paid $700...looking for someone yet, but most are ranging from $650-$800 our here in Detroit for my T2s....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:05 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
I have been using graphic artists for over 30 years, on all my race trucks. I don't know where you got quotes from. I have a lot of graphics on my cars. Complete wraps, top and hood done on my FJ, the yellow has the hood and the trunk, windshield basket handle, tulip panel. Stripes are easy peasy. Someone is ripping you off if you paid 700.00 for stripes.
You r so right.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:31 AM

Garage
I will talk with my guy tomorrow, we are actually wrapping the big mirror fronts with 3 M clear. He doesn't want to but has agreed. I will see what he will make them for. I am in SoCal and a lot of the road way signs are all done with vinyl. Store fronts. And honestly a graphic artist (what they like to call themselves) are in every town.

The reason I would guess the guy is dragging his feet is because if it isn't perfect the paint fade will show up. But they have camera's and equipment that measure the stuff/image and they print from that as I understand it. Unfortunately I don't have a T2 to go off of or I would try to get it done for you.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:40 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
I will talk with my guy tomorrow, we are actually wrapping the big mirror fronts with 3 M clear. He doesn't want to but has agreed. I will see what he will make them for. I am in SoCal and a lot of the road way signs are all done with vinyl. Store fronts. And honestly a graphic artist (what they like to call themselves) are in every town.
My mirrors also have the 3M wrap....if any of your cars are automatic ,,,,have the chrome bezel where the stick shift is wrapped. Otherwise the chrome scratches.

Last edited by marlboromike; 08-05-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in