new-owner questions - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
new-owner questions

A few new-owner questions if members could indulge me:

Shouldn't the turn signal on a 2009 Sky automatically turn off after completing a turn or is this an oddity?

I have phone cellular Bluetooth, but suspect calls are only served by OnStar. Anyone know if GM has a network to tap into and how?

I have mylar protective sheet replacements for the areas on the trunk behind the seats where they supposedly protect the paint, but it looks like I need to detach the cover on the underside of the trunk in order to loosen the receiving units (apologies for not knowing the terminology yet) in order to get the mylar under them. Does the cover just pop loose at the attachments with screwdriver-assist?

Finally, I can't believe I missed this damaged area when I bought the car though i still would have), but can anyone tell me the name of this section and if it can be replaced? (attachment)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky ding.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	104685  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk Sky View Post

Shouldn't the turn signal on a 2009 Sky automatically turn off after completing a turn or is this an oddity?
Yes, it should self-cancel. There is a cam on the steering column that should do that, so yours must be broken.
Quote:
I have phone cellular Bluetooth, but suspect calls are only served by OnStar. Anyone know if GM has a network to tap into and how?
Some late-model radios were Bluetooth-equipped. I thought that the 2009s were, but maybe not, if yours doesn't.
Quote:
I have mylar protective sheet replacements for the areas on the trunk behind the seats where they supposedly protect the paint, but it looks like I need to detach the cover on the underside of the trunk in order to loosen the receiving units (apologies for not knowing the terminology yet) in order to get the mylar under them. Does the cover just pop loose at the attachments with screwdriver-assist?
I have no knowledge here, but someone else probably does.
Quote:
Finally, I can't believe I missed this damaged area when I bought the car though i still would have), but can anyone tell me the name of this section and if it can be replaced? (attachment)
That piece is the fender. There are some for sale here: https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f...7/#post1296413
Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

The chromed trim ring should be held in place with 2-sided trim tape. No need to remove the cover on the inside of the trunk.

Just take your time peeling the clear back.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks!

The chrome rings on top of the clear protective are held on with 2 sided tape as DaveOC says. DON'T use a screw driver or and type of pry bar to loosen them as you will only make dents in the surface around them. Use a hair dryer or similar heating unit and they will lift off once warmed a little. The same heating method will help you to remove the clear protective film.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The 09 bluetooth is for calls only. OnStar doesn't have any wiretap into the phone calls through bluetooth since the call is still on your phone and just broadcasting to a speaker. Also if you don't have OnStar active there is no connection to the vehicle.

2009 Sky Redline Black/Cashmere
RPM Stage3, Highflow cat, RPM Intercooler, DDM Braces, WindRestrictor, Short Shifter, Apline Halo9

I am a GM Employee within GCCX (OnStar) and my postings are my own personal opinions.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I too just got a Sky and ya e several questions. None of my posts are showing, saying a moderator needs to approve them. Its been a week, come on already.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F310894790793

Here is the replacement turn signal

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in