No More Excuses, Finally Posting Pic - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
No More Excuses, Finally Posting Pic

So I bought my Sky about 3 years ago and have been slowly upgrading and changing things since. I started with my stereo and exhaust and move on from there. I love customizing and playing with new ideas. I haven't yet posted pics of anything because I always have an excuse to not. I need to finish this, or itll look better if I do this first. Not anymore. Id like some feedback, and keep in mind, definitely still a work in progress. Much more to do.

What ive done so far:
Painted headlights body color, left chrome rings
FULL LED swap(Headlights, taillights, fogs, trunk, turn signals)
Turn signals switchback, and side marker turn signal
Exhaust swap to catback magnaflow dual system(custom welded)
Full interior LED swap to deep purple lights(gauges, door locks, steeringwheel, ac unit, airbag light)
Dyed seats, door panels, carpet, and dash deeper black(was black and tan)
steering wheel rewrap, black/purple thread
shift boot restitch to purple thread
shift knob change
head unit swap
Memphis VIV60C's installed
Custom done Norm's Fiberglass hood(Thank you Norm)
GTG full face Billet grilles
Taillights outer lense removed for contour and trim blacked
calipers painted purple
Heated Seats

Next/Current Project:
Leather wrapping dash and doors.(Current)
zzPerformance 2.2/2.4 K04 turbo Kit
Norm's Rear Fascia
Zeba Zero Wheels(8.5/10 x 20)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_125810.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	911.3 KB
ID:	105609   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_125816.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	105611   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_125828.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	956.6 KB
ID:	105613   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_125857.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	747.7 KB
ID:	105615   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_125931.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	812.9 KB
ID:	105617  

Last edited by Draike13; 08-11-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures. Still not great, but no more sideways monitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice looking car!

Be interesting to see how well the lenses come off of the tail lights.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 01:19 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Garage
I am having difficulty turning my neck...I believe u need much help in restoring the car to the original specs....it has no LIFE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1257.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	656.5 KB
ID:	105603   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1256.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	962.5 KB
ID:	105605  

Last edited by marlboromike; 08-11-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
I am having difficulty turning my neck...
Just put your monitor on it's side
marlboromike likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:36 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Car looks good, your customizing list is extensive. Most people have a hobby, a passion for something entertaining
to them. Some of us... however have a car fixation, the need for speed, or I'll personalize my ride to my own liking,
as our hobby. Tinker with this, little money there, paint that, another weekend messing with something on my car.
* I was out yesterday late afternoon, clean the wheels, undercarriage, rust spots (2) and some cold adult beverages.

2 things that stood out to me...
Dyed seats, door panels, carpet, and dash deeper black(was black and tan). You dyed the original OEM seats? Carpet too?
Heated seats. You changed out the OEM seats, or altered them? Not sure there was an electrical connection for this to happen?

Seems you have a thing.. for purple here. Calipers painted purple. That's a one off customized item I've not seen before.

Photo posting work needs attention. Not to worry Robo or John will fix this... soon for you. I'm not buy a Hans device for
for the forum so I can look at photos... in the vertical position. My neck hurts. lol

* Charging the Go-Pro cam now as I type this. About to take a run this morning, few miles on the car, little video footage
of some back roads around here. Something for the You-Tube account update this month.

Good Luck with your upgrades to your gem.

LAC
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So, what is the added ‘knob’ on the right side of the dash between steering column and stereo? In the foto it has a copper toned ring of color. Just curious if this is an added control to something or something more mundane like a phone mount. Thanks. I’m a fan of anyone who takes the time to personalize a car to their tastes rather than ‘settle’. Critter

2009 Sky Redline Silver Pearl, Red on Black

HFCat,Braces,Werks Sway bars,Werks Intake,OEM Spoiler,Racing stripes, MRZ Black Caps,RPI exhaust, Norm(Diffuser,Splitter,Skirts),JPM(console,shifter ,shroud),PillarPod,WaterMeth
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
Very nice looking car!

Be interesting to see how well the lenses come off of the tail lights.
The tail light lenses were a "scary" project. Unlike the headlights, they aren't "Easy" to open. You technically break them to get the lenses off. They are just glued to the surround.
But its just a cover. The red lenses on the inside are fully enclosed to the back of the fixture, so the only real reason for the outer lense is to prtect the inside ones, and to make it smooth. Personally think it looks better and more unique contoured.

I originally took them off just to do the insides in black, and found that they weren't going to go back together, so I went for it. Got some rubber seal to fix the gap problem around the frame and trunk/fender for looks, and there ya go. Has sort of an old school look up close with the visible rubber seal. I liked it so kept it that way. Need to repaint them since the car body paint didn't do too well with the heating plastic and bubbled. Might try air free vinyl wrap next. We shall see.

All in all, with a little daring, this was a cheap and quick project. Took a couple hours including time for paint to dry.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
Just put your monitor on it's side
Lol, sorry. Took pics with phone and didn't notice they were sideways until after I posted. Ill get better ones up as I start the under the hood work.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC Sky View Post
Car looks good, your customizing list is extensive. Most people have a hobby, a passion for something entertaining
to them. Some of us... however have a car fixation, the need for speed, or I'll personalize my ride to my own liking,
as our hobby. Tinker with this, little money there, paint that, another weekend messing with something on my car.
* I was out yesterday late afternoon, clean the wheels, undercarriage, rust spots (2) and some cold adult beverages.

2 things that stood out to me...
Dyed seats, door panels, carpet, and dash deeper black(was black and tan). You dyed the original OEM seats? Carpet too?
Heated seats. You changed out the OEM seats, or altered them? Not sure there was an electrical connection for this to happen?

Seems you have a thing.. for purple here. Calipers painted purple. That's a one off customized item I've not seen before.

Photo posting work needs attention. Not to worry Robo or John will fix this... soon for you. I'm not buy a Hans device for
for the forum so I can look at photos... in the vertical position. My neck hurts. lol

* Charging the Go-Pro cam now as I type this. About to take a run this morning, few miles on the car, little video footage
of some back roads around here. Something for the You-Tube account update this month.

Good Luck with your upgrades to your gem.

LAC
Yes I dyed it. Since the carpet and floor mats are basically a type of fiber vinyl, you can get a spray can of black vinyl dye on amazon for less than $10. took about 3 cans to get the richness I wanted. Not really noticeable unless you compare it to the original "Grey-Black" That was in there. Looks way more Luxury end now.

I dyed the tan on the seats. Sand down, black dye, black roseline finish and set. That's a longer project simply for having to remove the seats and slips, but worth it. They don't look the best because the driver seat itself needs replaced(couple rips from before I got it) but they definitely look better than the tan.

The heated seats are modules I ordered off Amazon, ended up very nice(HOT). They are a 7 dial switch for each seat(you can see the dials in the pics next to the passenger airbag light). Easy enough to install. VERY carefully drilled the holes out in the panel for the switches, grounded them under the center arm rest, rand the power under the carpet to the passenger side fuse panel and tapped the open remote fuse. Ran the modules back under the carpet to the cut outs under the seats, installed in seats, good to go. =)
Perfect on a cold night with the top down.

Yes, my color scheme is black with purple accents. Its way more unique and I like to be as different as possible. lol
Of course no one makes anything in purple so I have to do all the lighting and coloring myself. Luckily learned that I can in fact sew cross stitches(Shift boot and steering wheel) and im not terrible with paint(Calipers). And ive been soldering lights into cars for years, so the ac unit was the only scary one. and those you just use T3 bulbs that twist in. MAKE SURE to get a good connection though, because they do not like to stay, then you have to remove the whole dash again to fix them.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
So, what is the added ‘knob’ on the right side of the dash between steering column and stereo? In the foto it has a copper toned ring of color. Just curious if this is an added control to something or something more mundane like a phone mount. Thanks. I’m a fan of anyone who takes the time to personalize a car to their tastes rather than ‘settle’. Critter
Oh, that's just a phone mount. need to find a flat one. Its a DAMN GOOD magnet and sticks on great with no residue, but the black faded in the sun badly, so its copper now. lol
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I am having difficulty turning my neck...I believe u need much help in restoring the car to the original specs....it has no LIFE
I cant wait to get my Fascia ordered. That looks so good body color.
What is the reverse light red you have on there? ive seen a few people with that and haven't been able to find anything. Is that a brake light add on? and where do you get it?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:20 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draike13 View Post
I cant wait to get my Fascia ordered. That looks so good body color.
What is the reverse light red you have on there? ive seen a few people with that and haven't been able to find anything. Is that a brake light add on? and where do you get it?
It's the Opel rear fog/reverse light....they r available, at times. European specs.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Also, LAC Sky, what go pro do you use? ive been wanting to get a dash cam/ camera system/ security/ go pro... Something, for a long while. Cant make up my mind on what to do.
And as much as I love some of the new smart cameras, also don't want to spend $300-500 on one.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It's the Opel rear fog/reverse light....they r available, at times. European specs.
of course, its Opel. Ill have to see if I can find one.
Do you notice it putting out less light than the full reverse? or does it not diminish it?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draike13 View Post
of course, its Opel. Ill have to see if I can find one.
Do you notice it putting out less light than the full reverse? or does it not diminish it?
It depends on how you install it....
but full strength can be achieved with either an LED or incandescent bulb(s)
Draike13 likes this.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in