No More Excuses, Finally Posting Pic - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draike13 View Post
Also, LAC Sky, what go pro do you use? ive been wanting to get a dash cam/ camera system/ security/ go pro... Something, for a long while. Cant make up my mind on what to do.
And as much as I love some of the new smart cameras, also don't want to spend $300-500 on one.
I was interested in your explanation of how you did your " heated " seats conversion. Pretty cool err warm.
It's good to be different with your approach, I don't want my projects to be, just like everyone else does to their car.
A lot of customizing is good for the owner, until you have to sell it one day. Limits your market to who, likes your
changes to the car, willing to accept them, and what if anything they will keep, or change after purchase.

The Go-Pro question: New smart phone w/cameras can be expensive. The Go-Pro line up I just looked at
on the Walmart page & Amazon range in prices and models. $200-400 for some of the newest cams with many
smart phone apps. Without a smart phone, you are limited somewhat here. Mine is an older model, I got as
a Father's Day present several years ago from my daughter. Hero 3 silver. I have since purchased several
add on items, mounts, extra battery, wall charger, etc. Works for me. On my laptop I use VLC media player
for play back of MP4 videos. Again works for my applications here.

Speaking of applications...I did a little application of the right foot down principle yesterday, during my cruise.
Oh boy.. fun in the sun for me. Nice day.. open road, camera running. 2 nice videos at speed... Pen-Mar High Rock
Rd. downhill... Edgemont Rd. at a pretty good clip too. One more backroad adventure of mine in the works
with a new cam mount position, " at road level " in the IC inlet, & backwards view from between the seats,
before my yearly You-Tube posting. Something for my grandson when he goes back to school around Labor Day.
I can hear it now, Wow Jaxson your grandad is a nut, err is cool. Look for 5 new videos to LAC Films soon gang.

Car ran good yesterday. Temps never got above 207, uphill grade heat of the day. Quick on the boost, responsive in
the more " twisty " sections of the asphalt, put a smile on my face, and some interesting videos for my collection.
Most of my runs are slow rolling cruises, the scenery around here, the roads in general for the drivability or
a location of interest to me. These last 2 videos... are not slow cruises!

Now the bad news... upon my return from the fun, my brother tells me we have work to do. An entire fence line
here at the farm, has taken a big hit, half destroyed. Got to go look at today, see what needs to be done to it.
It's always something around here. My last Go-Pro run will have to wait for now.

LAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in