Norm's Fiberglass - should I be concerned? - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Norm said the fenders are painted. He's polishing them this week and we're on track for shipping at the end if this week.

The order is processing faster than what he initially targeted.

I'm good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
My new hood showed up yesterday at Chipmagic in Littleton. Right on time, plus or minus a couple of days. Very happy. Its the single scoop GTO hood. Now the fitting and painting process begins.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
The new light bar is installed, going to do the wiring tomorrow. Fender skirts are on, but having red decals made for the Norm's emblem. Do not want any holes in the side of the car. Looks good, anxious to see what the car looks like with the upgrades/mods all completed.

Norm nailed the time frame on the side skirts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
If nothing else, Norm is an honest man. Sometimes his time frames are a little off (sometimes a lot) but if he says he will make the parts for you, he will. I just recieved a light bar and fender skirts that he made for me. The light bar took around a year and a half, the fenderskirts about 4 weeks, like he promised. The light bar was a combination of the light he used, was no longer being available so had to change the mold is my guess.
Skers, I think you got my light bar.
I ordered at NASSAM 2016 and he showed me progress and talked about the discontinued lights at Lexington. I think my original order was lost in the fire, but had refreshed his memory prior to Lexington. Just called a month or so ago and learned you got one, so he is starting on mine again. Hoping to have it and the rear fascia by next Spring, but it's Norm--gotta be a fan!

08 RL Auto, Onyx / Black
Stock spoiler
Billet Grille, Opel Ant
Halos, Eyelids
Wind Restrictor, RV10 Sun Shades
K&N Typhoon
DDM Charge Pipes, Venom Brace
PA HFC and Tune
Debadged
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hello, not to worry fitting the light now. Im almost caught up, but then if I am caught up then that means I dont have have any sales. I need sales to keep making new stuff, LOL. Thanks again for the love.

working on a new front bumper for the Sky along with fender flares too.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:48 PM

Garage
Norm, sorry I didn't get to talk with you at the Nationals, was going thru some problems and work was driving me crazy. Had two cars to try and keep clean and out of weather.

The light bar was a tremendous hit at the National, and people at cars and coffee in Temecula went nuts over the car. Had a drone setting above it for about 10 minutes filming it. Still interested in the 427 Corvette hood, if you can make it. I would be done with the car then. Building a trailer like the Bluestone one, so may need another light bar for it.

I know you were busy, but did drop off the intercooler at the trailer. Hope you remember where it is supposed to go, because I don't. lol Just too much in getting everything ready to go, my pea brain farted the whole week.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Garage
Sorry if that happened End State. I ordered about the same time/we discussed it at the National. I had the Mallett there. But fell in love with the look of the light bar. But I am not giving it up!!!! lol

It took me about a month to decided to put it on the car, I don't drill holes in my car. I fought it for a while, but then put the luggage rack on (just setting on the deck lid, I only had the luggage rack for about 4 years) and looked right. I drilled the first hole and left. Could not stand to drill into the car. It really is kind of cool looking in the rear view mirror. Very happy I bought it and didn't pay attention to MM. Normally listen to him on things, but this one he is dead wrong.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Sorry if that happened End State. I ordered about the same time/we discussed it at the National. I had the Mallett there. But fell in love with the look of the light bar. But I am not giving it up!!!! lol

It took me about a month to decided to put it on the car, I don't drill holes in my car. I fought it for a while, but then put the luggage rack on (just setting on the deck lid, I only had the luggage rack for about 4 years) and looked right. I drilled the first hole and left. Could not stand to drill into the car. It really is kind of cool looking in the rear view mirror. Very happy I bought it and didn't pay attention to MM. Normally listen to him on things, but this one he is dead wrong.
Drilling proves commitment. I’m with you on both points—try to never drill, but an exception applies to the bar. Enjoy in good health, and it’s working out. Thanks for being the lighting guinea pig, also. I can bug you when mine comes in.
Missed meeting you at past meets, but have seen the Mallett; hope to catch up some year.

08 RL Auto, Onyx / Black
Stock spoiler
Billet Grille, Opel Ant
Halos, Eyelids
Wind Restrictor, RV10 Sun Shades
K&N Typhoon
DDM Charge Pipes, Venom Brace
PA HFC and Tune
Debadged
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Norm, sorry I didn't get to talk with you at the Nationals, was going thru some problems and work was driving me crazy. Had two cars to try and keep clean and out of weather.

The light bar was a tremendous hit at the National, and people at cars and coffee in Temecula went nuts over the car. Had a drone setting above it for about 10 minutes filming it. Still interested in the 427 Corvette hood, if you can make it. I would be done with the car then. Building a trailer like the Bluestone one, so may need another light bar for it.

I know you were busy, but did drop off the intercooler at the trailer. Hope you remember where it is supposed to go, because I don't. lol Just too much in getting everything ready to go, my pea brain farted the whole week.
Really???

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in