Saturn Sky Forum banner

Owner Manual Available In .pdf Format

40K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  BreakingWind 
#1 · (Edited)
Surfing around this evening and found this link at Saturn.com to download owner manuals for most (all?) Saturn automobiles manufactured since 2004. I know the question of owner manual availability comes up from time-to-time and it looks like Saturn finally decided to post ‘em up. I downloaded all Sky manuals just to have them on hand.

Link: Saturn | Saturn Vehicle Owners Manuals

Edit (1/20/10): The original files are too large for skyroadster.com. But . . . in the event the original website closes down send me a PM and I'll shoot you the entire manual in a .pdf format.

Manuals available:
Sky 2007
Sky 2008
Sky 2009
Solstice 2006
Solstice 2007
Solstice 2008
Solstice 2009

#3 ·
#4 ·
The Yahoo portal will be shut down on 10/1/09, so I've downloaded the three years of Sky manuals for future reference. 2007 and 2009 are attached. Fear not the zip files as I had to compress them to fit within the forum size limits. The 2008 manual is about the same number of pages but for some reason twice the filesize so I couldn't attach it. Once I find a solution I'll get that one up too. :thumbs:

Attachments

#5 ·
reedred is correct. Better get 'em quick.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks reedred for being on top of this. I suspect a lot things Saturn and SKY in particular, may become scarce...

I had to split the manual into 3 parts due to the size limitation imposed on file uploads.

#9 ·
:agree: True...got the pdf. :yay: THANX. Now...if we could only locate the dealer's REPAIR manual. Is THAT available, not necessarily free...just available at all?
I called my dealership and they were not aware if it was available to Saturn owners. :skep:

#16 ·
#11 ·
Many thanks for the owner's manual. I'm a newbie here. Have just purchased a 2007 Opel GT in Warsaw Poland. Great car, however, am considering moving back to Canada sometime in the future...Does anyone know if the OPEL GT 2007 meets North American Safety and emission standards? So far as I can see, the opel needs reflectors on front sides... I believe it is pretty much the same all over as the Skyredline... Opel has the rear red fog light as well. I shall call the officials in Canada, this week, to find out if I can bring it to Canada and what the costs are...I shall post what I learn here later this week. Last question... How much horse power increase will I get if I upgrade the exhaust to a true dual exhaust?

#22 ·
Last question... How much horse power increase will I get if I upgrade the exhaust to a true dual exhaust?
None - it was a cosmetic thing and added no power.

I don't think you should have much trouble bringing the Opel to Canada - as you said, just some lighting changes.

#12 · (Edited)
#21 ·
I'm glad that it covers the 2.2l version. Most of the manuals don't.

Seriously: How complete have you found these to be? All of the discussion I have seen about pdf service manuals says they are incomplete. Are these different?

#23 ·
I was leery of them as well but they look like the factory manuals scanned into PDF files. I assembled my engine off it and it seemed very complete. It has a section on how to build your engine in the car, and another completely separate section to build it out of the car (oh, and the 2.0 sections for this are completely separate sections from the 2.2/2.4 sections so in total, 4 engine assembly sections). Like I said, very complete. I haven't had the chance to use it for much else but it certainly covered everything I needed to assemble my head, install it to the block, and then install the timing chains.

My understanding is the 2.2 (LAP) and 2.4 (LE5) are nearly identical engines with only a couple minor differences (other than bore and stroke) so GM wrote one manual for both engines. No need to write a separate manual for an engine whose major difference is the piston and rod size (and crank for the different stroke).

#32 ·
Has anyone actually ordered this to confirm it's authenticity or is it just a printed copy that anyone can have printed? 2008 Saturn Sky Owner Manual
Helm is the official publisher of documents for GM (and other brands), and the owner's manuals I have purchased from them have been virtually identical to the originals.

Reactions: Wnolte1122
#34 ·
Surfing around this evening and found this link at Saturn.com to download owner manuals for most (all?) Saturn automobiles manufactured since 2004. I know the question of owner manual availability comes up from time-to-time and it looks like Saturn finally decided to post ‘em up. I downloaded all Sky manuals just to have them on hand.

Link: Saturn | Saturn Vehicle Owners Manuals

Edit (1/20/10): The original files are too large for skyroadster.com. But . . . in the event the original website closes down send me a PM and I'll shoot you the entire manual in a .pdf format.

Manuals available:
Sky 2007
Sky 2008
Sky 2009
Solstice 2006
Solstice 2007
Solstice 2008
Solstice 2009
Hey I'm new to this. And I just picked up the 09 sky today. Would you be kind enough to email me a owner's manual? Please? Used car dealership did not have the one that was with the car of course.

#36 ·
Groggy69:

My original post from 2009 is no longer linked to the old Saturn website - so there are no owner manuals available there. The good news is that JohnWR Has posted a link just above that worked for me. Happy reading.

#38 ·
The 2007 manual is currently out of print, but 2008 and 2009 are $50 new from the publisher:

#39 ·
This may help. If you setup a free account at Autozone, after your vehicle is listed "Repair Guides" and surprisingly there is alot there with exploded views, etc. I've printed out pages and used them before on a previous car...

Reactions: GordoSH-3
#40 ·
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a .pdf of the 2008 Sky Manual.

Gordo

#44 ·
#43 ·
It's pretty new, it seems to went live a few months ago from what I can find on reddit.

I downloaded the whole site, as it's free to torrent (and they promote it), but at 700+ GBs it's hefty. If it ever gets taken down I'll at least have my own personal copy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.