Saturn Sky Forum banner

Perfect solution to opening trunklid automatically!

13K views 82 replies 25 participants last post by  TomatoSoup 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got and installed (After a 3 week wait, yay international shipping) A trunklid shock support system, I believe the first one in the US!

Video is here:
http://gt-manufaktur.eshop.t-online...iaGallery/Gasfeder_Dachraumdeckel_512x288.mp4

(If it doesn't load, right click the link, click "save link as", and save the video file, THEN open the video file you saved)

This was from GT Manufaktur over in Germany, they DO ship to the US.

Basically once I press the button to pop the trunk, the lid automatically fully opens by itself without ghetto-rigging it with springs that can pop loose and cause the buttresses to catch on the trunklid.

I HIGHLY recommend anyone here looking into it, it's very nice to have and makes dropping the top possible without even getting out of the seat!

I'm not affiliated with them at all, just figured I'd share the word about an awesome product, there's a video on this page too.

http://gt-manufaktur.eshop.t-online.../Shops/Shop45715/Products/WP018&ClassicView=1

See less See more
#41 ·
Might I suggest... Few have access to shipping accounts. I would think these kits would fit inside a USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8"). They cost $6 which folks could add to the Paypal.

Just a thought?

#42 ·
anyone can go to usps.com and get a label, but if they want I will do that when they come in and they can pay me through paypal again in case someone wants different shipping or some are even picking them up.

Great Idea I didn't know size so I was worried it might be more.

#47 ·
looks like it is made for one side only. Watching the video it seems to work great with only one. Maybe some of the ones that have it installed already can answer better.

#49 ·
Sweet, glad you guys got a group-buy going on for this! :thumbs:

And there's definitely no need for two, one works fantastically. The bracket only fits on one side on the decklid anyway so there's no way to fit a second.

Also this DOES fit the solstice as well, it's the same exact setup where it counts back there.

#53 ·
As soon as I get them I will weigh them and see if they fit in the flat rate box. As long as they do I will just charge everyone the $6 and ship them out.

#54 ·
Got them and installed mine already! What an easy and neat mod. It looks like it was always on there. I did order 1 too many thinking another member was getting it, so it is for sale. Send me a private message with your address and I can give you a total price with shipping and paypal fees. Should be around $100 total. Only one so first come first serve. please reply in post too so everyone knows its sold IF you commit.

#57 · (Edited)
Got them and installed mine already!
Me too. Looks a whole lot better than the springs... :thumbs:

On Edit: I'm thinking I need to move it to a different mounting hole to compress the shock a little more. It opens the trunk, but only about a foot (maybe)... Initially when I installed it I still had one of the (2) springs still in place. Once I removed it, it would not open more than 10 to 12 inches.

#56 ·
SOLD! I want to thank you guys for making this a smooth transaction. I had nightmares about doing this but it all ended working out. We didn't get a great deal from him but it was better than doing it individually AND it sure is an awesome product.

THANKS

#65 ·
I installed this about 2 weeks ago and love it! They suggest using the 120% setting but I went with the 100% setting and that was the best for me. It opened up the trunk at just the right speed and all the way to the top.

Was easy to install, the hardest part was figuring out the bottom bracket. Once I had that figured out it goes very quickly.

#68 ·
I'm over in Germany now and from what I can get from their website, I'm close, maybe 25 min away from them.
I've sent an email asking their location just to insure I head to the correct place. I don't speak German, only know what I heard on Hogan's Heroes.
I'm hoping to pick up a kit and save on shipping.
Brought home 3 of the backup/fog lights on my last trip here a few months back.

#69 ·
Bring back a few passenger seat occupancy mats everyone will need them. I heard they are under $100 there. I need one for sure I'm not spending $300+ here

#78 ·
I think you have to buy the whole thing Buddy. But I certainly would be in for a group buy on them, If Norbert would consider it. I think to big of hassle for Elvis to drag all that stuff back.

We need to get a group buy on the seat belt guides that they make in Germany. So clean and slick looking. When I get this blue one on the street, I am getting a couple sets Norbert, be ready! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.