Saturn Sky Forum banner

Production Numbers

7K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  marlboromike 
#1 ·
Is there a way to find out how many 2008 Sky redline turbo dark blue were made?

#7 ·
The little info I do have, is this for the 2008 model production run: 13,662 or 12,884 not sure. RL model's 8163, N/A model's 4731.
Out of those figures: Ming Blue out of those 8163 RL's 1003 were painted in Dark Blue. I am not sure of the Auto/Manual breakdown lists for those 1003 dk. blue RL's. That you have research more for. Someone here might have it. Total production run totals vary: 34415 was the last figure I had.

More and more of our models are dropping off the radar. Only a few here know the real totals for all years.

LAC

#10 · (Edited)
According to CompNine...

For the 2008 model year...

1003 Midnite Blue (25U)
----668 Turbo (LNF)
--------381 Automatic (M82)
--------287 Manual (MA5)
----335 Base (LE5)
--------224 Automatic (M82)
--------111 Manual (MA5)

Unfortunately, I do not have complete info for 2007 (as the CompNine site is missing a large number of the cars for that year).
And there was no Midnite Blue for 2009 (it was replaced with Blue Metallic)

407 Blue Metallic (48U)
----242 Turbo (LNF)
--------162 Automatic (M82)
--------80 Manual (MA5)
----165 Base (LE5)
--------118 Automatic (M82)
--------47 Manual (MA5)

Hope this helps...

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
Actually, this is where the CompNine data falls apart (especially for 2007).
CompNine's data for 2007 is very faulty, as most of the Kappas for that year are not correctly identified in their database and therefore end up not being included in the totals.

Furthermore (for all the years), their "rarity" computation includes all RPO codes, not just what we would consider "options". These RPO codes include internal things like "build week". This means that a completely identical car built a week later (maybe even just the next day) would be "different" in CompNine's rarity computation.

To get a real idea of how rare a Kappa is from the CompNine data, you need to examine each combination of just the "real" options (i.e. color, seats, transmission, radio, spoiler, etc.). It is a time consuming and tricky procedure, but it IS possible (at least for years other than 2007).

If you just look at their rarity computation, almost all Kappas end up as "1 of 1" or "1 of 2"...and that's just completely misleading.

#19 ·
No, not really.

For example, if you query their 2007 data for how many Kappas had 2.4 engines and/or how many had 2.0 engines, the totals are way too low. That seems to be because the "unidentified" cars are not being included in those kinds of searches.

#20 ·
Data presented is only as good as what is recorded and the level at which one can find the data useful or not is in direct correlation to how accurate the data is within the known limitations of the data.

Thus to say Compnine is worthless is untrue but to regard it as an end all be all, or even to determine a vehicles rarity, is equally untrue.

#21 ·
The worthless part is wanting to know the "rarity" of your car in the first place. I can usually drive either of mine around for a week and not see another one. Not another one just like it, another one, period, and that is all the rarity I need to know about.

#23 ·
A friend who once worked at a GM dealership looked up and gave me an RPO report for the Olds Bravada I used to own. What we need is a friendly person with GM contacts who is willing to run 107,000 RPO reports. By filtering out the meaningless codes we could then do an accurate analysis.

#26 ·
By filtering out the meaningless codes we could then do an accurate analysis.
You CAN filter out the meaningless codes on CompNine - but it doesn't do it by default, and it tales some work to get it right (and it is screwed up for the 2007 model year).

For your Carbon Flash, for example, I broke it down to this (by just using the color, engine, and transmission codes).

550 Carbon Flash (58U)
----322 Turbo (LNF)
--------157 Automatic (M82)
--------165 Manual (MA5)
----228 Base (LE5)
--------140 Automatic (M82)
--------88 Manual (MA5)

Your car is 1 out of the 165 Manual Carbon Flash 2008 Redlines - for whatever that is or isn't worth to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.