Saturn Sky Forum banner

Rear drivers side trunk lid fitment

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rjgramps 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have checked these forums for this issue, but nothing seems to have the answer I need.

My rear driver’s side trunk lid fitment seems to be off in just the corner. The hing screws are tight and it seems like even adjusting them isn’t going to get the bottom corner of the trunk lid to go down to make it flush. When closed, I can push it down slightly but nothing really changes it.
I thought maybe the buttress pins might have too much tension and I loosened the drivers side a bit but that doesn’t seem to have an effect either. Hopefully the pictures show how it’s out of alignment. It’s not bad, but I think I might be a perfectionist. Any suggestions to get the bottom drivers side down?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have the same issue but on the right side. I'm convinced that's the reason I keep getting water leaking in the trunk on that side. The "Solstice & Sky Body Adjustments" PDF that's been posted on here previously which I'm attaching has a section starting on page 5 I'm going to to try. I just need to buy a 13mm wrench as the rear hinge bolt is difficult to access.

Attachments

Reactions: Barbie B
#7 ·
If the trunk lid is bent from the wind, really no fixing it by adjustment. Local body shop will be the answer I am afraid. We messed with one at the Colorado National for over three hours. Could not fix it. I started looking at all the cars afterwards. I would say 50% of the cars in attendance had the same problem. The owner of the car said the wind caught it and blew it open. For most people it seems it is not noticeable, but to me they stick out like sore thumbs.

If you do figure out a way to fix it, please let us know.

#9 ·
My rear driver’s side trunk lid fitment seems to be off in just the corner.
Unfortunately I have a similar problem not very noticeable except to me, I agree with Skersfan, "If you do figure out a way to fix it, please let us know."

Terry
:cheers:

#10 ·
Over the years, I owned a 2007 Solstice GXP and two 2008 Solstice GXPs. One of each year had the trunk lid sit a bit high at the right tail light. I tried adjusting them with no success.

I bought a 2007 Base Sky a few days ago off Ebay but won't be able to make the trip to get it for a little while. I wonder how the trunk lid will align.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.