Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself! - Page 133 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1981 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Hey all,
Iím did it, pulling the trigger on an 09 RL evening blue 53k miles. First things first, I have the dealer replacing the WP, classic. But this one is in great condition. One owner older woman and obviously garage kept. Pic updates in time. I was without my Sky for 8 months and I missed her so much. Canít wait to have her back!

Sold 2001 Toyota Solara SLE convertible DWP
Sold 2008 Sky Redline GMPP Silver Pearl
DD Hyundai Elantra hatchback SWP
Weekend 2008 Sky Redline Ruby Red SE
post #1982 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1646 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on getting the fastest color Sky! LOL (Old Joke on here)

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #1983 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hey you're from Bedford TX? That's where I live now. What a coincidence!
post #1984 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 04:14 AM

Garage
Noob Alert

Hey my name is Jason, I live in Bedford Texas. I am buying a manual 2008 Black Saturn Sky Redline with 60k miles for 7800 dollars in Kansas. It has a little body damage but for the price, it seems like a good deal. Original owner. The last 3 year her teenage son drove it and by jumping in the car he broke off part of the door lock. The damage is a dent behind the gas tank and on the other side, a chunk is taken out of the bottom in front of the rear wheel. The door to the storage between the seats are missing. I plan to fix and replace these parts. If anyone has any tips on where to find these parts let me know. I plan on getting them at a junkyard. Would yall advise that? I am worried about the color not matching. I can also negotiate the price. If I will run into any problems installing the quarter panels let me know as well. How much do you think it will cost to fix all of that? Ballpark estimate. I may use that to negotiate the price lower. I am flying there Tuesday to pick it up and I am very excited to own the car. I got the flight for 75 dollars with an 8 hour layover in Denver.
I read that a lot of people think the wind screen deflector thing is worth it. That my be the first thing I would add. I would like to do the trifecta tune as well. I love how the cruise control can turn the tune on and off. Not the budget tune because I plan on doing some minor mods such as catless downpipe, intercooler, charge pipe. Would a catless downpipe or high flow cat be a better option? Also the ddmworks has the 3 parts to improve rigidity to the frame. The front, rear and backbone brace. Would those be worth it? I don't plan on doing any track racing but if it improves the ride for everyday driving and getting on it some. I figure getting the downpipe, intercooler and charge pipe would have to be bought first before the trifecta tune? Or could I buy the tune and he updates it as I change the setup? I am a noob. Please be easy on me. Thank you for your time and I hope to be of help and not annoying!
post #1985 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I would like to introduce myself as Edddieboy, proud owner of 2009 Saturn Sky Redline in Polar White. I've done lot's of work on it since purchased back in September 2017. I need to upload pictures still. Weather here in NJ has been total crap so I can't seem to get the cover off of it for some nice pics! Having a great time with it and can't seem to keep my wife from jumping in the front seat before taking it for a spin. I'm glad she likes it though. It keeps her from asking questions about the all money I secretly spend on golf equipment. Anyone have suggestions on how to post questions on this site? I've tried but don't know if they have been posted. I joined as a premium member and looking to get going. Thanks guys and very happy to be a member of the club.
post #1986 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome, Eddieboy. Enjoy the permagrin.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #1987 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1646 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edddieboy View Post
I would like to introduce myself as Edddieboy, proud owner of 2009 Saturn Sky Redline in Polar White. I've done lot's of work on it since purchased back in September 2017. I need to upload pictures still. Weather here in NJ has been total crap so I can't seem to get the cover off of it for some nice pics! Having a great time with it and can't seem to keep my wife from jumping in the front seat before taking it for a spin. I'm glad she likes it though. It keeps her from asking questions about the all money I secretly spend on golf equipment. Anyone have suggestions on how to post questions on this site? I've tried but don't know if they have been posted. I joined as a premium member and looking to get going. Thanks guys and very happy to be a member of the club.
Welcome sir!

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #1988 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 04:17 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Garage
Where in Jersey R U? Bought my car 12 yrs ago from Saturn of Freehold
post #1989 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I live in Ledgewood NJ. It's about mid-way between the George Washington Bridge and the Delaware Water Gap. I like Freehold. Exit 99 off the GSP.
post #1990 of 2051 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 04:25 PM

Hiya!

I am new here but i have owned a sky for about 2 years.

The first one was a 2007 standard with all the trimmings
it was totaled by a semi who decided he wanted to be in my lane.

I am now driving a 2008 with less trimmings but i still love it.
post #1991 of 2051 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM

2008 Sky 62k miles forsale

Are there any Sky groups at this years 2018 cruising the coast? I'm interested in selling my Saturn Sky .. It's in good shape you can drive it daily. It's not perfect but looks good overall. I would like to get $5K.

Thanks,
post #1992 of 2051 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well, I just joined the forum today. I am hoping to share ideas and learn from you all. Will get to know you soon within the forum.

Thanks,

P
post #1993 of 2051 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome newbies! I haven't been here in a few days because I was travelling.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #1994 of 2051 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
We like to welcome new members to the forum here at skyroadster. New members, folks may not always catch your first post to welcome you in, so feel free to post here and introduce yourself to the gang! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif[/IMG] Current members, if ya spot someone new to the community that we missed, by all means, welcome them in here! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif[/IMG]
Just got a black 2007 Redline in pristine condition. I'd post pictures but can't figure out how to do so on here.

I'm in Southern California. Due to safety issues and years alone, the first things I'm looking at are:

1. Gas stations in San Diego county that don't use MMT or 85% Ethanol. Does Vons gas use it?

2. Tires. They look ok, but they are original. Soooo, ouch on the potential new tire cost. Since I mainly cruise, I'm looking for an aesthetically appealing tire with low noise and lasts for my stock chrome 18 inch rims. I'm considering the Pilot Super Sports that I've read about here. Daily driver to work and back. I know nothing about tires.

My huge worry is whether Discount Tire, American Tire or Costco can properly lift my car without damaging it or cracking the plastic behind the front wheels. I've seen this in cars I looked at and read horror stories.

3. An oil change. Mobile 1 5/30 full synthetic... but I find myself wondering what synthetic oil filter to use and where I'd get the filler plug crush washer for a discontinued Saturn company.

This brings me to the service.. do you guys use ramps when changing your oil? Where's that oil filter and drain plug? I haven't been under the car.

4. Top cleaner/protectant... mines black. Bird droppings are common in my area. What's the best?

So, fuel, tires, PROPER LIFT, oil/filter.

I wish you all safe travels and a healthy life.

John
post #1995 of 2051 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
On the oil filter and changing ......... I use Mobil 1 5W30 as you suggest. I also purchase the Mobil 1 oil filter at O'Rileys (less than $14). As I'm not as limber as once was, I take my purchased oil and filter (which has the washer needed) to my regular shop and they change my oil for $16 and I provide the materials. The extra $16 dollars is worth it to me, plus I know exactly what is going into my engine.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in