What did you do to your Sky today? - Page 240 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3586 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Why won't they work on the Sky? It is a tire plug kit with co2 to inflate the tire. An ATV would have more volume of air and there are usually 3 cylinders in the kit. I understand that a plug is not ideal, but neither is liquid tire sealant, ask any tire repair shop that has tried to patch a tire from the inside that has tire sealant in it.

Make it a good day.
post #3587 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Garage
ATV tires are normally around 10-12 pounds of air. The large CO2 cartriges could be enough I guess.

There is a sealent that mountain bikers use. Stans tubless repair. Low enough pressure in our tires that it might work. You put it in the tire before any leaks, it escapes and reacts to the air and seals the hole. I have seen bicycle tires with sticks the size of your pinky finger pierce thru both sidewall and still be able to ride the bike back. But it would need to be changed out every year, more if the car sat out side all the time. It really works on mountain bikes, but as stated by tweetybird, it is messy when wet. But once it is exposed to air it drys up very quickly. Can be pulled of the inside of the tire quite easily. Would not be good for air sensors though is my guess.
post #3588 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Is there tire sealant in with the air compressor in the Sky? How would that be with tire pressure sensors?

Make it a good day.
post #3589 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:41 PM
RJL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Took our low mileage Sky (10,000) out of hibernation, changed the oil, flushed the coolant and ran her through the car wash.
Tweetybird likes this.
post #3590 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
I'm sorry RJL, but my SKY has never seen a car wash since I've owned it for 7 years, and it never will. Just my policy. Have you priced a new top yet, OR have you even seen one to purchase? Not trying to be a smarta**s, but check around. Maybe others are doing that too, but not me. Sorry. Maybe we will have some others chime-in on this issue.
GJinNY and hahnpv like this.
post #3591 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Garage
I don't take any car I own to a drive thru car wash. Destroys the clear coat on them, and the soap on the top is not good. It was not designed for convertible tops as 44th says.

I have taken mine to a hand wand, but only after it was submerged in a flash flood.

I hand wash mine with bottled water, normally not more than a half gallon of water on it.

But mine stays in the garage most of the time. I just don't have time to drive it much. It has been at a body shop for almost 2 months, so it may see the hand wand wash again soon. But not the top. Mine is wrapped so I have to be very careful when washing it with the wand. Actually cut a small knotch in the hood vinyl. Having that redone
post #3592 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Closing in on all the details and packing for NASSAM2018.
post #3593 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Garage
Might be able to get mine out for a decent cruise today... after the new driveway is in place. Long time coming for this here.

Took mine out for a good cruise down though D.C. traffic, what a pain that was... on Sat. Chance to see the grandsons, the newest new born 2 months old and...the older one the baseball player.. who got a single over the 2nd baseman head! It was worth it to this GDad, all 2 hrs. drive time x2, all 112 miles one way X2, all the traffic, road construction, plus an accident.. and rain too from 11:30 am to 9:45 pm.

Fresh gas too, as the bell reminder this morning told me I have 43 miles left approx. Had to move it this morning before the truck shows up. I might have to put off my trip " Go-Pro to Fenwick Island run ", as the cost of the driveway plus my computer fix this month too, has left the funds available for this month a little light.

Safe travels out there gang.

LAC
post #3594 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Made the trunk lid open automatically.

Installed two springs that allow the trunk lid to open up all the way when I hit the remote. Pretty cool.

2007 base Sky
Purchased 5/12/18 with 37K-not a scratch
Live in N. NV
post #3595 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybird View Post
Why won't they work on the Sky? It is a tire plug kit with co2 to inflate the tire. An ATV would have more volume of air and there are usually 3 cylinders in the kit. I understand that a plug is not ideal, but neither is liquid tire sealant, ask any tire repair shop that has tried to patch a tire from the inside that has tire sealant in it.
I have the OEM compressor and sealant. I don't have TPS, but I won't use the sealant, so I bought a plug kit to use with the compressor.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #3596 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:32 PM

Garage
I picked mine up from the painter and delivered it to the graphics guy, also the DDM tune for the new turbo came in.
44thSKY likes this.
post #3597 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Drove it home from its winter home at my parents. Got the emissions test done. First time its been driven since the end of September. Felt nice.

2008 RL Bluestone "Sally"
"SKY4JOY"
5 Speed
VDI Hinges
Windscreen
Kenwood DNX693S
Brake Light Decal
Painted Calipers
Silver Marker Bulbs
RPI GT exhaust
GMPP CAI
Color Matched Badges
Billet Grill
Halos & HID
Trifecta Custom Tune
post #3598 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:59 PM

Garage
Graphics are almost done, will pick up the car in the morning, then to shop to do the tune and take it for a test drive. Really hasn't been driven since early March when I decided the water pump was going south.
Have a lot of cleaning, but it is now looking like I will be able to take it to the National.
Rusty Boltz and 44thSKY like this.

Last edited by skersfan; 06-08-2018 at 09:09 PM.
post #3599 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 01:44 AM

Garage
Car is running, no codes. Still needs some tweaks it appears. Actually drove it up and down the freeway today. Fun to have it back. Hopefully will be able to load it by Tuesday night and concentrate on the Green one, getting anxious to head to Black Hawk!!!!
post #3600 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
I use damp dryer softener sheets to get the bugs off the front. Only thing I have ever found that takes them off instantly with little effort.

Then I hand wash. Never a drive thru wash.

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in