Saturn Sky Forum banner

Wow is it hot out here in SoCal!!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  GJinNY 
#1 · (Edited)
Yesterday for the first time, I hit 210° going home. It was 94° outside going up the 6% toll road and when I hit the crest, it was 210°. And today is even hotter...

#2 ·
I heard 109 degrees in Ontario!!!

I am in Durango, Colorado and it is about 80 degrees and the rivers are running at almost flood level. San Juan Mountains received 673% of normal snow fall. No idea how the rest of the vacation will go, but not burning up now.

#4 · (Edited)
Well they don't call it "summer heat" for nothing here. Outside temps near 100, 6% up hill grade will make your temps rise. Transmission does that when stressed under those conditions.

210 is not that bad in those conditions. 230+ might be a concern.
No cooling problems? WP replacement? Fluid changed? Thermostat? Fans work ok?

I always have my temps on the DIC. I might check the tire pressures once in awhile, maybe MPG or Boost,
but 99% time it is on the temps.

Very cool here for this area in June. Low humidity for now.
That will change soon enough until something called " Fall time ".

LAC

#8 ·
Our weather has not been normal this whole year. Way too early to see these types of temperatures in SoCal. Two weeks ago it was snowing at my house. Which isn't normal either.

Pretty nice in the San Juans. Fantastic train ride today, just got back. Time for a long nap for sure. Love this vacation stuff.

#9 ·
Our weather has not been normal this whole year. Way too early to see these types of temperatures in SoCal. Two weeks ago it was snowing at my house. Which isn't normal either.

Pretty nice in the San Juans. Fantastic train ride today, just got back. Time for a long nap for sure. Love this vacation stuff.
Durango & Silverton, I presume. If you get the chance, be sure to ride Cumbres & Toltec too. We've done both...years apart.

#10 ·
Barely top down weather up here in Libtardia, NY
VERY cool spring and we are usually tickling 80's by now. low 70's all week.
Side windows up and a jacket zipped up for the top to be down,,,,,,,:frown:

Send some of that global warming our way!

#11 ·
We only did the Durango to Silverton ride. Hoosier GXP and I did Hurricane Pass and Yankee Boy Basin off road runs today. Have never seen so much snow. Cumbress and Toltec will be the next time. They now have a Royal Gorge Railroad ride with later model passenger trains of the 50's. Most of my model train layout is geared around this type of train. So I can see that in the future.

Headed home in the morning, 900 mile drive, oh what fun!!!!

#13 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where the sensor is located on the 2.4 L and what ill need to replace it?
There is one on the left side of the engine towards the rear by the intake manifold and possibly one on the exhaust side in about the same location. I've never replaced one so I'm not sure what's required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.