Message To Saturn - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SkyRoadster Polls Polls related to the Saturn SKY as well as site polls. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

View Poll Results: Should Saturn post Sky Order Number and Event Codes to the Web?
Yes, they should make this available to buyers on the web. 317 78.08%
No, they keep the current system and let the dealers handle it. 51 12.56%
No Opinion on this topic. 38 9.36%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Message To Saturn

Who here believes that the Sky buying experience at Saturn could be improved if Saturn just made a web site available that showed all Sky order numbers in their system and the current event code?

Rusty

Bluestone Sky
Black Leather and Roof
Serial #11805 - Traded 8-2-2007

Midnight Blue RL
Black Leather and Roof
Serial #05941 - Picked Up 8-20-2007

What is the source of your user name:
https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8236

Last edited by Rustyknight; 12-08-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Sure, but sadly it ain't gonna happen. No manufacturer currently provide this info on any vehicle currently produced that I know of over the net--It is a completely internal system on there part-But yea, great idea but--

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

You are correct I don't know of any manufacturer that does, but Saturn is supposed to provide the best buying experience to its customers. And this could be something that actually shows that commitment to customer satisfaction they keep talking about.

Rusty

Bluestone Sky
Black Leather and Roof

Midnight Blue RL
Black Leather and Roof

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Garage
Technically those event codes are for THEIR internal business only. Normally they don't share that information with the public and for good reason. Every single minor little issue...which EVERY car maker has...would be scrutinized by the industry press and the public in general leading towards an overall decline in the public's perception of the company.

No, this will never and should never happen. The dealers are you POC and most do a great job of keeping you informed. For the short period of time when I had a Sky on order my dealer asked why I wanted the information. I told them just kind of fun to track where the car is...it let's me see there is progress even when I can see nothing. They were fine with that and had no problem giving me the information. I think they were just shocked that I knew about the information and was requesting it. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 PM

If you have a BMW order number you can track it online all the way through

But honestly I dont see a problem with the current system. The percentage of people who want to know whats going on is very small. So why waste time setting up a new system.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBVette View Post
If you have a BMW order number you can track it online all the way through

But honestly I dont see a problem with the current system. The percentage of people who want to know whats going on is very small. So why waste time setting up a new system.

Do you think anyone is tracking their Aura....
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM

Clearly, tracking your purchase is highly desireable. I think you would have a lot less talk about event codes if Saturn just cleaned up their communications from plant to dealer to customer!
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Garage
This was my worst buying experience of a car. I believe it was the dealership more than anything. The sales people did not want to go the extra mile after taking my order. They wouldn't give me any codes or update me on when my car would be delivered, not even an order number...taking this into consideration and of course understanding that dealerships were unprepared regarding the great success they had on their hands. Nonetheless, my dealership was horrible, yet others had a wonderful experience. In life, u have to be LUCKY
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt2ga View Post

Do you think anyone is tracking their Aura....
Yes, I tracked mine Got the papers to prove it!!

ERNEST

'04 Torch Red Corvette Coupe

'07 Corvette Z06 "Scarlett"
Victory Red
555.6 rwhp / 485.5 rwt N/A - No Spray

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
This was my worst buying experience of a car. I believe it was the dealership more than anything. The sales people did not want to go the extra mile after taking my order. They wouldn't give me any codes or update me on when my car would be delivered, not even an order number...taking this into consideration and of course understanding that dealerships were unprepared regarding the great success they had on their hands. Nonetheless, my dealership was horrible, yet others had a wonderful experience. In life, u have to be LUCKY

Mike I agree had the same experience....

MICHIGAN

Black Onyx, auto
BLK/RED Trim
am/fm cd/mp3 premium
18"Chrome
aka...(mrsviper)

ordered...may 2006
delivered..sept 2006
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:51 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

With Fed Ex or UPS .... the system is in place for those customers that want or need to follow it. Those that choose not to ... no problem man!
I have strongly, since April, done rants on this issue. Just knowing my status made the wait more bearable ... and from the list "Deluke" and others kept handling ... it seemed the major agreed with me.

I love my Red Line!

"Lucifer" is my name!
Deposit:4-11-06 & Titled:11-28-06 SKY "Red Line" Silver Pearl, Black Wings on it's back, Bloody Red interior, Dejon intercooler/Solo Exhaust, Robert's screen.
If you suddenly feel warm, it is just me passing through grinning!
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAboutRL View Post
it seemed the major agreed with me.

you do realize the people on this board are the vast minority of sky owners. And the people here are more interested in tracking that most.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Tinley Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAboutRL View Post
With Fed Ex or UPS .... the system is in place for those customers that want or need to follow it. Those that choose not to ... no problem man!
I have strongly, since April, done rants on this issue. Just knowing my status made the wait more bearable ... and from the list "Deluke" and others kept handling ... it seemed the major agreed with me.

I love my Red Line!
The cost of putting in a system like that would be so expensive. UPS, FedEx etc - own their own equipment and they can track the trucks, planes etc. GM is in the car building business. Getting car build codes to us would not be too much to expect (sure it would cost -- but not that much, and if everyone who ordered their car from GM was told - Go to www-trackmygmcar.whatever, they'd love it!) But until GM owns the trucks and trains (fat chance there) tracking the shipping that easily is a pipedream.

Rick Tinley Park

Delivered June 15, 2006
VIN - 3099
Sunburst Yellow
Painted Calipers
Brushed aluminum Interior panels
GM CAI
Yellow Engine cover and Fuse box
Custom Lighted Door Sills (WR)
Name - Sunni1
IL License # - YLO SKY 1
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Most of us would be happy to just get progress status from dealer to assembly plant to shipping dock. I agree with you that tracking trains, trucks and maybe a boat ... that would be currently hard. But from dealer to plant exit with computers, and product I.D.'s is doable.
Good PR sets Saturn apart from other makes. Generation 'Y' types are waiting ....

"Lucifer" is my name!
Deposit:4-11-06 & Titled:11-28-06 SKY "Red Line" Silver Pearl, Black Wings on it's back, Bloody Red interior, Dejon intercooler/Solo Exhaust, Robert's screen.
If you suddenly feel warm, it is just me passing through grinning!
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Lots of good replies to this thread, thanks guys

A few people have said those wanting to track their orders are in the minority, my reply would be that the number of people who track their orders from ups and fedx are probably also in the minority but providing the capability is about providing the best possible service to the customer.

As for the argument that it would not be in their best interest to publish this data, just make it so the user gets a password to match their order number and they can just log in and see their status code. That would make the overall performance data invisible, but I might also note overall performance data on the sales and the factory is probably only a few google clicks away for someone who really wants it.

And having a tracking system in place would not just benefit the customer, since it would force the dealers to generate an actual sales order rather then just a slip of paper. And this would give GM and the factory actual demand information, and they could probably also direct cars to the areas with the oldest orders, and this would also improve customer satisfaction.

In alot of ways I can understand GM was not fully prepared or possibly expecting the demand these cars have generated, but everything I have ever heard about the Saturn buying experience prior to trying to buy my first Saturn is taking a big hit. I think the hardest hit is not coming from how GM and Saturn handled the initial sales demand, but from the fact that they have made no effort to improve the buying experience since then, the sales managers and saleman at the Saturn dealerships have not gotten any better at communicating then they were at the start.

Again thanks to everyone for throwing their opinion in.

Rusty

Bluestone Sky
Black Leather and Roof

Midnight Blue RL
Black Leather and Roof

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SkyRoadster Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in