Message To Saturn - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SkyRoadster Polls Polls related to the Saturn SKY as well as site polls. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

View Poll Results: Should Saturn post Sky Order Number and Event Codes to the Web?
Yes, they should make this available to buyers on the web. 317 78.08%
No, they keep the current system and let the dealers handle it. 51 12.56%
No Opinion on this topic. 38 9.36%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigdog
My 2 cents

My experience in ordering my SKY seems to have been a bit different from most. Would I have liked to track my cars build process - sure. Was I was able to get all the information I needed from my Sales Manager and Salesperson - you bet.

Granted I did not call every week, well in the beginning anyway, and both were very willing to share the info when I asked. I was even able to pass on some info I picked up here and they were glad to get it.

I was even able to get on the wait list, place the order in the 'system' and get an allocation with no deposit. I guess since I was a repeat customer they believed I'd really buy the car. That or they felt sure it would sell if I decided not to go through with the deal. It made me a bit nervous in the beginning after reading some of the horror stories here about signed contracts, dealer add ons, etc. but when I saw my name on the order and the free exchange of information when I requested it, I was very happy.

In my case, the Saturn buying experience measured up as expected.

-Pete
WCKCC member
2007 2.4L VIN: 01472
Delivered 5/23/2006
SGS (Silly Grin Syndrome) still has me in it's grip and I don't want to be let go!

Universal Law of Location: No matter where you go, there you are.

Last edited by bigdog; 01-31-2007 at 04:52 PM.
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 PM

We are really close to setting up our internet website so our customers can get their updates on their Sky order. Site really looks good. We may even be able to download from Saturns updates to us which would make it really cool. We have about 100 waiting so it would make our life easier and our customers too. Will keep you posted.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
First 2000

Sky Info

Can certainly understand the frustration getting information on your Sky. The problem is the limited information the dealership gets GM. Once the order is placed the estimated production date is posted a week or two prior. Once built we're at the mercy of the shippers. I've waited 2 weeks to get a car from the holding yard in Kent to the dealership in Bellevue about 20 miles away. The real key is your salesman and manger. If your unsure who to deal with check the dealerships CSI scores. I'm suprised at the waiting times posted for Sky redlines. We're currently at approximately a 2 year wait with about a 6 month wait on the Sky. Saturn had hinted they were increasing production Jan. 1 but i've not heard any more about it. We've only recieved 2 redlines but understand the east coast have recieved more than the west. What can you do but wait.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 PM

WHY DON'T YOU GO TO YOUR VETTE DEALER THEN!
You have to understand that this is a limited production car. The plant only has a capability of 35000 vehicles per year and they supply, U.S Europe & Asia. This is also very frustrating for us, "the dealers" but we have to accept the reality. So stop blaming "US" for your impatiance, I suspect you were spoiled as a child? Well It's time to grow up.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 PM

damn

some of you need something else to do with yourselves than sit around and worry what day, hour, and minute your car will arrive I have a feeling there are some frustrated wives looking for some fun
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM

For what it's worth:

It probably would not be that hard to wrap GM's current codes into a user friendly web interface. We all know the data is there in one of their systems, and it has high availability. How else would all those GM Dealers get it on demand eh?

As long as you're not looking for them to do "Advanced" tracking with their 3rd party carriers, it's just a matter of exposing data they already have.

I mean, that's what people are saying isn't it, "let me track the event codes myself?" Why over complicate it. I would think if they set it up so you must have an order number, that would work. Or you must register first and associate your order with your online profile. That'd work too for those dealers that don't give you your order number. (jerks)

Bottomline: It's a horse apiece. It's easy to do, and there are good reasons to do it. It exposes business data, and that is always a risk. My professional opinion: probably not going to happen anytime soon, unless you get a hold of the right people at GM, AND they give a hoot about your needs and wants.

ZDShadow
Wants:
Chili Pepper Red RL

Has:
'05 ION 3 QC, Blue, Sunroof, Auto (06/05)
'02 Ford Mustang Convertible, Torch Red (04/08)

Had:
'06 ION 3 SDN, Berry (02/06 - 01/08)
'03 VUE AWD V6 (10/02 - 02/06)
'03 ION 1 SDN (05/03 - 05/05) Deer Hit
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to James L. Lee
Computer and Internet Tracking

I really don't know what the issue is about providing sensitive information nor about limited production cars. It is corporate issue that has to do with willingness to service customers. When you order a BMW, limited edition or not, you can get or the dealer gives you your order number. You can go to the BMWUSA site and enter the owner's circle and track the production of your car no matter which country it is being made. I tracked the production and shipping of my limited production Z8 (13 months from order to delivery), I tracked the production and shipping of my 530 xi T sports wagon. My best friend was able to track the production and shipping of his 2006 BMW 330i. All of these cars were made in Germany. My daughter was able to track the production, shipping and delivery of her BMW X5 which is made in S.C. Our local dealer manager and the sales personnel love the system because they don't have to answer the inevitable questions about what is happening with me car. The system even tells you when it is at the dealer! Through all of that BMW doesn't provide any sensitive information about productio, etc. The system tells you what stage of production your car is in and is updated at each change in the process. The in my case when it was put on the ship, when it arrived at Baltimore, the when it was put on the truck, etc.

So the system can be done and maybe other manufacturers have such systems. I don't know. IMHO...it is such a simple thing to do and add to the Saturn.com site and would be a great service to those who order cars and have to wait months and months to get them...

Jim
Red Line
Manual
Chrome Alloy Wheels
Color: Bluestone
Black Premium Leather
CD/Ipod Monsoon
2002 BMW Z8 - Silver Pearl-red/black interior
2008 Toyota Sienna Limited with Bruan Handicap
upgrade for wife in wheelchair

Last edited by James L. Lee; 01-30-2007 at 08:29 PM.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 04:27 PM

Go to ilovemysaturn.com and you will see how we are tracking our customer's orders for Skys and other Saturns. We will update this site weekly for our customers. It's still a work in progress, so there may be some quirks in the site. So far our customers like it. It looks like we will be making a few more this year and the distribtIon will get better for the warm weather areas of the country. The new Astra will be shown in Chicago next week. Very sharp!
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1942 View Post
You have to understand that this is a limited production car. The plant only has a capability of 35000 vehicles per year and they supply, U.S Europe & Asia. This is also very frustrating for us, "the dealers" but we have to accept the reality. So stop blaming "US" for your impatiance, I suspect you were spoiled as a child? Well It's time to grow up.
Hello...who are you? Can you introduce yourself? Maybe I missed it... Thought this was a tough posting for a first time post...
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiSky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1942 View Post
Hello...who are you? Can you introduce yourself? Maybe I missed it... Thought this was a tough posting for a first time post...
Maybe that's KimberlySky's dealer. :P Awfully unwilling to be helpful. Not a dealer I'd want to have anything to do with given that comment.

"Man, our jobs would be freakin' great, if it weren't for all these darn customers."

ZDShadow
Wants:
Chili Pepper Red RL

Has:
'05 ION 3 QC, Blue, Sunroof, Auto (06/05)
'02 Ford Mustang Convertible, Torch Red (04/08)

Had:
'06 ION 3 SDN, Berry (02/06 - 01/08)
'03 VUE AWD V6 (10/02 - 02/06)
'03 ION 1 SDN (05/03 - 05/05) Deer Hit
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatman View Post
Go to ilovemysaturn.com and you will see how we are tracking our customer's orders for Skys and other Saturns. We will update this site weekly for our customers. It's still a work in progress, so there may be some quirks in the site. So far our customers like it. It looks like we will be making a few more this year and the distribtIon will get better for the warm weather areas of the country. The new Astra will be shown in Chicago next week. Very sharp!
Wow, that's really cool, and exactly what people are looking for!

Bluestone/Black REDLINE
Perma-grin since Jan 2007
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:58 AM
First 2000

Simpler said then done

You have got to remember GM has never had a customer tracking system. You must also understand that pulling those codes are a pain especially when 50 people want them at a time and you have deals to work and administration to do. It is just not efficient to have them go through your codes often.

Don't get me wrong I am an advocate of such a system that will seriously get people off my back about information I have no access to and that the manager finds a complete waste of time because to us the only thing that matters is that it's submitted, it's built, we get the invoice, then the car and send you home in it asap. I truly empathise with you all but seriosly it's a moot point unless you have the ear of someone who cars and can do something about it. Consultants will more commonly NOT have access to the Order workbench. Our access typically is limited to the Sales aspect on Dealerworld. So your expectation on that front of it coming from us is more often than not a wasted effort that will only serve to further frustrate you.

As was stated with the Vette does not have such a system in place. So i would not excpect to see one for saturn until they care enough to put it on an American icon.

Last edited by sky_10157; 03-24-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: mispelling
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM

My biggest issue is that it seems to me that my dealer has no idea how to use the system to look up the information. I went in there last week and asked for a status on my order and was told by the Sales Manager that my order was at 1100. Deluke (Kathy) has checked and shows my order to be at 3000.

Thank God for Kathy.
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 03:25 PM

wah! wah! wah!

if you're the type of person who just can't wait when you knew darn well that there is a waiting list, then head over to your friendly pontiac dealer and pick up a soltice. they have plenty of them just sitting around. i wonder why?
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Quality of dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
This was my worst buying experience of a car. I believe it was the dealership more than anything. The sales people did not want to go the extra mile after taking my order. They wouldn't give me any codes or update me on when my car would be delivered, not even an order number...taking this into consideration and of course understanding that dealerships were unprepared regarding the great success they had on their hands. Nonetheless, my dealership was horrible, yet others had a wonderful experience. In life, u have to be LUCKY
Having visited a few dealers (Florida), my impression was pretty bad. Most are thin operations unprepared for the new and improved "Saturn" lines. Up until past very few years, Saturn offered a basic machine and no frills including dealer ammenities and professionalism associated with todays more upscale cars.

This brand may prove to be GM's only future; too bad they didn't/don't have the bucks to demand higher quality facilities and dealer infrastructure. Even the web site pales (as do GMs in general) compared to BMW, Acura, Honda, Toyota, etc.

What's been experienced elsewhere?

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SkyRoadster Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in