Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   SkyRoadster Polls (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Will SKY be your only car ? (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f20/will-sky-your-only-car-2401/)

SKY USA 02-19-2006 10:49 PM

Will SKY be your only car ?

Thought it might be interesting to see what people's plans are when (or if) they purchase a new SKY. When taking this poll, please answer only relative to YOUR car situation and ignore vehicles driven by your spouse, significant other, teenage children, etc. Thanks for participating! :thumbs:

Spag 02-19-2006 11:12 PM

I must have a car to go to shop for food and such... Don't even mention the trips to Costco or Ikea... where would I put anything???

I'm keeping my SC2 (sports coupe) for hauling things around in!

101jinx101 02-19-2006 11:29 PM

I'm not keeping my current car, but my sky will not be my only car... the sky will be for summer and i'll buy a winter car/grocery getter later.

1994SC2 02-19-2006 11:30 PM

Poor poor 1994 SC2... I just can't pick between two. Its like I only own 1 pair of jeans (by default my favorite) making it easier to pick. That and I think the ol' SC2 is 2k shy of passing inspection.

I wish I could send it off on piece of ice in to the ocean like eskimos do, or maybe a burning boat like the vikings. Dissapear like Yoda? Now that I think about it, I can't part with her, at least not witness it.

Anyone want a racecar bed?

reedred 02-19-2006 11:47 PM

Once my Sky arrives, anyone who wants a ride to the airport had better furnish a car! I think the small car will actually help with my shopping problem- I can't buy it if I can't get it home.

If I really need to, I can borrow an Expedition or a Commander, and thanks to my sister, I can rent a decent car from Enterprise for $30 a day. I might pick up a beater for the snow next winter, but I decided to play that by ear.

SkyBaby 02-19-2006 11:49 PM

My Sky wont be my only car. I have my BMW M3 for when i need to go on roadtrips with luggage. Avalanche during winter and pulling (boat)
ski natique. SkyBaby-07

GRinLR,AR 02-20-2006 12:10 AM

I will keep my SC2 it has been a faithful car the past 11 years, and it has just under 75,000 mile on it to boot. I will use it when the weather is bad or when trunk space is needed.

azote 02-20-2006 12:11 AM

yes ....
i know i'm nuts

SKY USA 02-20-2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBaby
My Sky wont be my only car. I have my BMW M3 for when i need to go on roadtrips with luggage. Avalanche during winter and pulling (boat)
ski natique. SkyBaby-07

SkyBaby - Sounds like you already have a LOT of toys ! :lol:

Skip 02-20-2006 12:25 AM

Iffen I gets the dang chickens out of the car , I gots me a wing ding of a automobiiile. Yessirree, That there car has run a whole lot of white litin in these here mountains . I put it up on blocks because I was aneedin tha tires to swing my kids in from tha tree. They like that yano. Soas I better get them chickens agone iffen I want ta drive tha car. Dang dogs never did come back, but that be another story. Yall take care now, Ski-up.:lol: :cool:

GMguy74 02-20-2006 12:25 AM

I voted OTHER...

Because the SKY will be a third vehicle in my stable. I have a leased '05 Envoy and a fianced '04 Malibu (which I want to get rid of ASAP :lol: ) I don;t "have it like that", if that's what you're thinking. Unlike ERNEST, I want this car so badly regardless of whether I have the cash or not :D I plan to keep it a long time, and having the first release is what is making it extra special to me. It will be a sunny/dry road use vehicle, most likely on weekends but I'm not ruling out more usage during the spring & fall periods. It will be extremely hard for me to not want to drive it :thumbs:

Skip 02-20-2006 12:28 AM

I have a 89 Maxima, A 97 Nissan truck, A 75 Triumph Spitfire. I don't know what I am going to do. One driver and 3 vehicles. Not counting my company truck. Skip...:cool:

LS2 MN6 02-20-2006 02:36 AM

If the SKY Redline comes out after January 2007, I will be going from ZERO cars to a SKY, after 2 or 3 years I plan on leasing a second car to drive every day. Hopefully GM has their act togeter by 2010 and has a RWD Sedan that has some V8 Power and costs in the neighborhood or $30k

richmcc 02-20-2006 04:14 AM

This is going to be my only car, my wife has 2004 3.5 AWD VUE that we will use for shopping and Such!

CdnSkyGuy 02-20-2006 07:07 AM

Hey...I have a 2004 V6 AWD Vue as well...That will be my taking the dogs out/hauling stuff vehicle and I am sure I'll just kind of give it to the wife.