Trifecta budget tune question - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Redline Discussion Forum for discussion of aspects of the anticipated hi-performance version of the Saturn Sky.

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
My knock sensor rarely goes off. And I'm dyno tuned. I keep count of knock count too and very rarely do I have a number in there. Your ECM will track knock count during an ignition cycle, so that number is accurate in torque. As far as other numbers in your torque app....it's not really all that great for data logging. You can get the jist of what your engine is doing, but it's not very good to make a decision with it. For instance I have mine set to "sweep" the sensors every 0.1 seconds. Unfortunately because it's writing as well, it doesn't "update" the information for about 0.7-1.0 seconds. So a lot of the entries on the sheet will be the same line after line. For instanace, i'm looking at one of my old logs and my numbers didn't change for 6 lines, which was .8 seconds and I was at WOT. My RPM on the sheet jumps from 2893.5 to 4251. So that tells you how bad the log is.
Tweetybird likes this.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Garage
Ghost...which Bluetooth dongle are you using? I've been told a fast dongle makes a world of difference when logging with Torque. Since I have access to HP Tuners I don't use Torque when I want to log.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybird View Post
I just installed Trifecta Budget Tune it went very smooth. Now I need some better weather here in Michigan to try it out.
This is the perfect weather to get the most power output with the least traction

"You are the product" - Autoguide.com group forums
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The knock could be false. You can confirm this by running high octane unleaded fuel mixture or methanol injection, real knock should stop and the fake stays. I've also seen fake knock stick around even with reduced timing. I ended up desensitizing a few KR attributes in the tune and no longer get false positive...the downside is you remove factory protection and risk damage. I am all ears now when WOTing, the best knock sensor available to us.

"You are the product" - Autoguide.com group forums
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Ghost...which Bluetooth dongle are you using? I've been told a fast dongle makes a world of difference when logging with Torque. Since I have access to HP Tuners I don't use Torque when I want to log.
I have a very cheap dongle....I think I paid $10 for it. Which is better, a bluetooth or wifi dongle? What's the name of yours?
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave@ddmworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeardsley View Post
Anybody know if the budget tune is still available from DDM?

I don't see it listed there, and I seem to recall there was some sort of special hoop that you had to jump thru to select it on their site.

As my car has no performance mods (and is likely to stay that way), the budget tune would seem like the best deal for me.

Thanks.
We do not offer the budget tune for the 2.0L anymore. With the budget tune, Trifecta can not do any datalogging and we were getting a lot of customers that would order the tune in hopes that it would fix problems they had before the tune. Then after the flash, if the problem was still there, we could not get any datalog to help diagnose a previous condition, it was very frustrating for everyone. So, we decided it was better for us to only offer the full tune with the datalogging, that way if there was a pre-existing condition, we could get datalogs and help diagnose and fix the problem for the customer.

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
[email protected]
Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 340whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave@ddmworks
We will see hits of KR 3-4 on a completely stock GM tune, that seems to be pretty safe. The other important thing is not only the KR, but how the KR lasts. If the KR hits 3-4 and rapidly diminishes and rarely occurs that is not a big deal, if it hits 3-4 and holds the full pull, then there is something that should be looked at in the tune.
Tweetybird likes this.

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
[email protected]
Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 340whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
I have a very cheap dongle....I think I paid $10 for it. Which is better, a bluetooth or wifi dongle? What's the name of yours?
I only use Torque if I throw a code and want to see what it is real quick while I'm out and about OR if I want to throw up some extra gauges on my headunit for whatever reason.

If I'm logging, I use HP Tuners.

There are some more expensive Bluetooth dongles out there that run in the $80 range and I've heard good things about them. Basically our cheap little dongles (I probably have the same one as you) just don't have the speed to transfer the data fast enough to properly record what we need to record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We will see hits of KR 3-4 on a completely stock GM tune, that seems to be pretty safe. The other important thing is not only the KR, but how the KR lasts. If the KR hits 3-4 and rapidly diminishes and rarely occurs that is not a big deal, if it hits 3-4 and holds the full pull, then there is something that should be looked at in the tune.
Dave, first off didn't know about the difference in the budget tune...damn. You couldn't pay me to put that on my car.

Second, thanks so much for this advice. I don't know if it is false or not but I get spikes of 4 sometimes when I shift. It decays fast and if it shows on the 1-2 shift, it may not show on the 2-3 or visa versa. Just very strange and inconsistent.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
I have a very cheap dongle....
Eeewwwww, we don't want to hear about your dongle
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
Eeewwwww, we don't want to hear about your dongle
Damn glad to have you back Sky Pilot. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Redline Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in