Ventilated seat covers - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Redline Discussion Forum for discussion of aspects of the anticipated hi-performance version of the Saturn Sky.

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1696 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
To be clear, only the center panels are leather, the bolsters and sides are vinyl.
Thanks for that clarification. I always think of the center section only as the seating surface but others probably think of the bolsters too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draike13 View Post
Rob...everytime I see something on your car im more and more impressed. Where did you get those seats, and for that matter your door panels done at?

I would love to do that with mine, especially with the custom decal.
Thank you.

I have a guy...LOL He is a local guy here in So Cal who has been doing interiors for years. He was HUGE in the 80s with the VW crowd and has been doing hot rods before that. Incredible work. He takes his time and does it right.

He did both the seats and the door panels. Folks on here have told me these are the cleanest and most OEM fitting recovers they've ever seen on our cars. other than the color combo, door panel pattern (on cars with the red/black or tan/black interiors, the door arm rests were the same color as the insert...you see mine are still black. figured they would get super dirty if they were orange), and embroidery, these look damn near OEM.

Also, that's no decal. The skull and cross bones are embordered on the seat backs.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Thanks for that clarification. I always think of the center section only as the seating surface but others probably think of the bolsters too.

Thank you.

I have a guy...LOL He is a local guy here in So Cal who has been doing interiors for years. He was HUGE in the 80s with the VW crowd and has been doing hot rods before that. Incredible work. He takes his time and does it right.

He did both the seats and the door panels. Folks on here have told me these are the cleanest and most OEM fitting recovers they've ever seen on our cars. other than the color combo, door panel pattern (on cars with the red/black or tan/black interiors, the door arm rests were the same color as the insert...you see mine are still black. figured they would get super dirty if they were orange), and embroidery, these look damn near OEM.

Also, that's no decal. The skull and cross bones are embordered on the seat backs.
He done insanely fine work!
Could make a pretty penny from some of us if he took shipped work to customize like what hes done for you.
Very impressive, and by far the best ive seen.
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1696 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draike13 View Post
He done insanely fine work!
Could make a pretty penny from some of us if he took shipped work to customize like what hes done for you.
Very impressive, and by far the best ive seen.
He is semi retired and not hurting for work. LOL He moves at a pretty leisurely pace with this stuff. I'm not sure if he has already redone @skersfan's interior but he's the one that got me in touch with this interior guy.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
It didn't occur to me that the GT would have different option, but it makes sense that the choices would be limited. I would like to see and Opel GT Order Book / Option List.
I doubt i still have that from 2009 but i will check.
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikK View Post
I doubt i still have that from 2009 but i will check.
Thanks. Also, if you don't mind, a picture of the RPO list in your glove box would be interesting.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
Jim Baker is his name. Several of his interiors have been in the Hot Rod magazines. We have known each other for about 30 years. He did a 55 Pontiac for me years ago. Actually dyed the leather the two colors of green the car came with. We have become close friends in the last 5 years. He only does work for friends, or friends of theirs. He is still very busy, and honestly only takes on things that interest him. I have suggested he could make covers for our group. But he really isn't into just cutting and sewing. He likes challenges.

Currently doing a 92 Porsche coupe. Not sure of what it is called, but the seats are quite intricate.

I see him nearly every day. I can ask him, but if he says yes, it is very similar to Norm. He is a perfectionist and will not be rushed. I guarantee his work, but not his time frames.. lol

JohnWR, one option they had that was not offered in the US was the smokers package. It took me quite awhile to get it for my car. I have never seen a real Opel, but have been told it was not a standard feature.
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Jim Baker is his name. Several of his interiors have been in the Hot Rod magazines. We have known each other for about 30 years. He did a 55 Pontiac for me years ago. Actually dyed the leather the two colors of green the car came with. We have become close friends in the last 5 years. He only does work for friends, or friends of theirs. He is still very busy, and honestly only takes on things that interest him. I have suggested he could make covers for our group. But he really isn't into just cutting and sewing. He likes challenges.

Currently doing a 92 Porsche coupe. Not sure of what it is called, but the seats are quite intricate.

I see him nearly every day. I can ask him, but if he says yes, it is very similar to Norm. He is a perfectionist and will not be rushed. I guarantee his work, but not his time frames.. lol

JohnWR, one option they had that was not offered in the US was the smokers package. It took me quite awhile to get it for my car. I have never seen a real Opel, but have been told it was not a standard feature.
Smokers package?
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:28 AM

Garage
Puts a lighter in front of the side panel grasp bar, and an ash tray on the passenger side. I will take some pictures of it and try to post them tomorrow night. My car is at the shop so no access to it tonight. I don't nor have I ever smoked. But rebadged my Sky to a Opel. This is one of the major differences from the Sky. Also have the rear fog light and control switch on the dash.
post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Puts a lighter in front of the side panel grasp bar, and an ash tray on the passenger side. I will take some pictures of it and try to post them tomorrow night. My car is at the shop so no access to it tonight. I don't nor have I ever smoked. But rebadged my Sky to a Opel. This is one of the major differences from the Sky. Also have the rear fog light and control switch on the dash.
Both doors have ash trays and both sides have lighter ports. I thought that applied to the Saturn RL as well.
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:42 PM

Garage
No, it was not available in the Sky or RL.

I think the Solstice had a smokers package in 2006.

The power port on the passenger side dash is not a lighter. Not supposed to be used as one according to GM and many on this site. My set up came from Germany, I do not have a lighter in the passenger side door.

I have never used it, but it is functional with the orange light around the lighter.
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
My Solstice GXP came with cloth seats. Only 30 coupes (GXP and NA) are cloth, so not many cars were issued with these.

It doesn't matter much in a coupe, but in a convertible, leather seats in the hot sun can give you a nasty burn if you sit on them with shorts on.

Can see a bit of them in this pic.

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
It doesn't matter much in a coupe, but in a convertible, leather seats in the hot sun can give you a nasty burn if you sit on them with shorts on.
I just lean the seatbacks forward when I leave the car in the sun. Shadows and protects both the seats and steering wheel from burning you.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...

Last edited by TomatoSoup; 09-04-2019 at 04:11 PM.
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I just lean the seatbacks forward when I leave the car in the sun. Shadows and protects both the seats and steering wheel from burning you.
Yeah, but doesn't it let them see the expensive non-stock subwoofer...?

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Yeah, but doesn't it let them see the expensive non-stock subwoofer...?
Nah, I'm good. My "expensive non-stock sub" is in stealth mode - behind the stock grill

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Nah, I'm good. My "expensive non-stock sub" is in stealth mode - behind the stock grill
Talking about non-stock is it hard to replace that? I have an old but good sub sitting in my basement, would be nice if i could use it again (just hope it works after 13 years).

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Redline Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in