whats the best tune - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Redline Discussion Forum for discussion of aspects of the anticipated hi-performance version of the Saturn Sky.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspears9 View Post
looks like the gm tune might be best for me if they still offer it,the local chevy dealer has no clue what im talking about when i mentioned it to them,i will probably go with the solo exhaust,im not sure about there cat though,if it makes the car too loud i might stay away from it for now.because from years ago in my dodge days of the 2.2 turbo some stuff made the little engine too much like a rice burner and i hate that sound.maybe im spoled from having the v8 sound for sometime.also i saw on ebay they sale the gm kit for the tune that is plug and play,you just have to go to the dealership and let them do the download.

I agree, GMPP + solo mach would probably make you the happiest from what I have gathered.
post #32 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
looks like the gm tune might be best for me if they still offer it,the local chevy dealer has no clue what im talking about when i mentioned it to them,i will probably go with the solo exhaust,im not sure about there cat though,if it makes the car too loud i might stay away from it for now.because from years ago in my dodge days of the 2.2 turbo some stuff made the little engine too much like a rice burner and i hate that sound.maybe im spoled from having the v8 sound for sometime.also i saw on ebay they sale the gm kit for the tune that is plug and play,you just have to go to the dealership and let them do the download.
Here's a supply of periods and spaces for you to clip 'n paste. Your one sentence, comma filled threads are wearisome.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2009 Ruby Red SE
Mods are getting expensive
www.kronus.us
post #33 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Is he writing an essay for the sat???? I read it got that he made a decision and moved on. I suggest you move on and stop being a dick.

2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks V8 Conversion- LS376 525hp 6.2L, TR6060 6-speed, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, DDMWorks Backbone brace, DDMWorks Pro Beam, BC Coilovers, Wilwood(Front)BBK, Norms Full Hardtop and Rear facia. Tuned on LS2Edit
post #34 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tuner

i didnt think this was a spelling contest,maybe i should just go back to some other car.and try a different forum,i thought this was about friends helping friends.im a christian i would never say anything bad about any of you guys.spelling or comma's period's.
post #35 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
i didnt think this was a spelling contest,maybe i should just go back to some other car.and try a different forum,i thought this was about friends helping friends.im a christian i would never say anything bad about any of you guys.spelling or comma's period's.
It's not a spelling contest, but your typing is very difficult for some people to read. There is a reason behind the use of spaces, capitalization, proper punctuation, and all the proper niceties of correct, printed, English language.

Moving on . . .

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #36 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
repears - I wouldn't even worry about what others say. Look at me, I'm the worst grammar/spelling person on this forum so your not going to take my place.
The message that 40rty posted was not directed at you it was a tap in the head at 27rings.
We (most of us) are friends on these here forums, once in a while someone will make an out of bound comment with out thinking of the consequences..
Enjoy the forum my friend!
post #37 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Im sorry and yes it was directed at 27rings. It just pissed me off that he had posted his decision and then 27rings aking a comment that wasn't necessary. I deal with philippinos all the time in the Navy that can barely speak english and are higher rank than me but i don't say " Sorry i dont understand you" pointing them out. I myself on the forums post some mistakes but 70% of the time i post with my phone and it switches words on me all the time.

2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks V8 Conversion- LS376 525hp 6.2L, TR6060 6-speed, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, DDMWorks Backbone brace, DDMWorks Pro Beam, BC Coilovers, Wilwood(Front)BBK, Norms Full Hardtop and Rear facia. Tuned on LS2Edit
post #38 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
GT!

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Just out of curiousity, who would you recommend for an E47 tune? I have the trifecta tune but have heard some negative things about his tunes so I've been thinking about getting a tune from someone else.
Lots of misinformation concerning Trifecta - don't believe everything you read in the forums.

-GT
post #39 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT! View Post
Lots of misinformation concerning Trifecta - don't believe everything you read in the forums.

-GT
Vince is probably a nice guy, and a good computer programmer (his actual job and training), but he is no tech or tuner by any means. He lacks the basic knowledge and skills needed to understand tuning and engine operation. That's fact. I know because I've seen PLENTY of Vince's work and heard him talk. He is NOT a "tuner", he's a computer programmer. There's a pretty big difference. I know a heck of a lot about computers, but that doesn't mean I should quit wrenching and be a computer geek.

My biggest gripe with Vince is he should have kept to his strong suit, computer programming and hacking, and left the tuning work to guys that know how to do that stuff. Instead he keeps it all a secret to hide his ignorance of the basics of how to use his own software. His "Dealers" have no control or input in the tuning process, they're merely salesmen that load his tunes into customers cars. In my opinion it's just a business plan that is a bit dysfunctional. Do what you do best, and delegate what you don't do well to others that can do better. That's the meaning of teamwork. Vince is a quarterback that doesn't let the other players know what he's gonna do when he gets the ball.

No slander there, just the facts. Or at least my educated opinion.
post #40 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
A14

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Sorry about the wrist slapping guys, I just say it like I see it. Didn't mean to slap anyone's wrist, just trying to get the info straight and accurate.
Hahahaha. I only said it as a joke. I always like it when you post, usually very good info.
post #41 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Vince is probably a nice guy, and a good computer programmer (his actual job and training), but he is no tech or tuner by any means. He lacks the basic knowledge and skills needed to understand tuning and engine operation. That's fact. I know because I've seen PLENTY of Vince's work and heard him talk. He is NOT a "tuner", he's a computer programmer. There's a pretty big difference. I know a heck of a lot about computers, but that doesn't mean I should quit wrenching and be a computer geek.

My biggest gripe with Vince is he should have kept to his strong suit, computer programming and hacking, and left the tuning work to guys that know how to do that stuff. Instead he keeps it all a secret to hide his ignorance of the basics of how to use his own software. His "Dealers" have no control or input in the tuning process, they're merely salesmen that load his tunes into customers cars. In my opinion it's just a business plan that is a bit dysfunctional. Do what you do best, and delegate what you don't do well to others that can do better. That's the meaning of teamwork. Vince is a quarterback that doesn't let the other players know what he's gonna do when he gets the ball.

No slander there, just the facts. Or at least my educated opinion.
when are you finally going to release the lnf tuning guide youve secretly been working on the last couple of years?

GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
post #42 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
for me, going from the stock cat to catless was way less noticeable than going from the stock catback to an aftermarket catback.

GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
post #43 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM

I too am interested in a mild tune. I have an 08 redline with manual trans.
I was at a Chevy dealer today and asked the parts man about the gmpp tune.
He said that it ment "general motors protection plan" ???? as in warranty.
Could some one please elaborate on the different tunes mentioned here. I Know nothing about those. yes nothing. and the dealers seem to know only slightly more.
post #44 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstuf View Post
I too am interested in a mild tune. I have an 08 redline with manual trans.
I was at a Chevy dealer today and asked the parts man about the gmpp tune.
He said that it ment "general motors protection plan" ???? as in warranty.
Could some one please elaborate on the different tunes mentioned here. I Know nothing about those. yes nothing. and the dealers seem to know only slightly more.
If the parts guy thinks GM Performance Parts is GM Protection Plan, you're probably at the wrong dealer to do the GMPP tune.

2009 Ruby Red SE
Mods are getting expensive
www.kronus.us
post #45 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27rings View Post
If the parts guy thinks GM Performance Parts is GM Protection Plan, you're probably at the wrong dealer to do the GMPP tune.
Both of them are referred to as GMPP, for what it's worth.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Redline Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in