2007 Turbo Build Thread - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post

For installing the exhaust, it is pretty easy. Jack up the car, pull the plug on the O2 sensor, pull off the four hangers that hold on the exhaust, and then undo the two bolts that attach the exhaust up front. Putting on a MagnaFlow is a bit more difficult since you have to assemble the pieces of the pipe and clamp them together as you install it. Still, not hard.
Thank's for this. I soooo need to get the right jack(s) and stands.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Update! Got the go ahead from Dave at PAW to do my WOT runs. All I have to say is wow. I could tell it was powerful before when I was only going ~1/2 throttle, but at WOT this thing screams. And the open dump wastegate at full boost sounds awesome.

I’m hitting about 8.5 psi through my pulls and my afr looks good now too. I loved this car before but now that it throws you back into the seat it’s even better.

Engine temps have been good as well. DIC reading ~190 while running and sometimes will spike 10° or so while sitting or for a few seconds after a run.

Overall I’m happy with everything. I’ve been constantly checking fittings, couplings and fasteners under the hood while I let oil run thru the turbo before shutting her down but all has been good. Will torque the manifold to turbo bolts again this weekend, but other than that there’s not much else to do with the install. Ill have to post some video clips on YouTube and link them here so y’all can hear it.

I’ll keep updating about the car here periodically.
Robotech likes this.

Pat
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered a catch can from PAW. When checking fittings and couplings etc under the hood I noticed some oil has been leaking from my BOV onto my radiator shroud. Not a lot but enough that I’d rather have it drain into a catch can than coat my intake piping maf and ic, my stock intake was fairly gunked up with the same oily substance as my bov is leaking so I’m attributing the oil to my pcv system. I’ll see if the catch can cleans this up

Pat
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just figured id post a friendly update.. Still love hearing the turbo and bov after the 5000th time. Had a few small issues along the way, blew a boot and my wastegate nut backed off once, but other than that the cars been good to me. Gave it an oil change after the first 2000 or so miles just to be sure everything got properly lubricated and to check for possible metal shavings in the oil filter but nothing so all went well with the oil return line i was so worried about drilling.. whew. Also replaced the factory metal heat shield with a DEI turbo blanket, seems yo retain the heat much better under the engine bay from the stock turbo shield. also added more heat wrap around the turbo since the blanket came with another 50ft roll!

Still have lots to do with the car.. plan on upping the boost sometime later this year so i need to upgrade my fuel pump, injectors and probably gonna grab a spare LE5 head off of copart and build it in my apartment and take my time with it and just swap my heads out with the rest and turn up the boost. Also not a fan of how quiet the car became after the turbo. I have high flow cats in the downpipe and before my full stainless steel catback from solo perfomance but my car is still quiet again.. arg. It sounded perfect NA with that high flow cat and catback. Thats the only thing i miss from being NA, but now i have turbo sounds so its a trade off. Will probably also just go ahead and try to get a norms center outlet rear diffuser and have and exhaust shop straight pipe me with a nice fat exhaust coming out of the center outlet. ha.

Also need to get my engine bay looking better. Ordered some powdercoated coolant and brake reservoir covers from PAW. Was hoping to find some billet aluminum caps for those reservoirs as that would really look good. Really need to get my valve cover powdercoated, too. Maybe ill just do that when i build the spare head. We will see, but there are plans!!

Anyways heres some new pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turboskyengbay.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	637.7 KB
ID:	104807   Click image for larger version

Name:	turbosky.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	104809  

Pat

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in