how to install wotbox in a redline - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Len

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
How does NLS work on this if you have GMPP? Is it a different way to achieve the same result?
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
How does NLS work on this if you have GMPP? Is it a different way to achieve the same result?
GMPP tune is for Redlines and GXPs only. Many other aftermarket tunes will incorporate NLS as well.

This box would be for those not wanting to do a tune OR those who own a 2.4 base (like me) and want NLS.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
It cuts spark (I would assume just like the GMPP does). The differences here are that the WOT BOX can also do two step! That's huge if you do 1/4 mile. I set up the 2 step the other day for 2000rpms. Floor the throttle with the clutch in and it will cut spark and limit the rpms to 2000. The kicker was that I noticed it allowed me to build at least 1 pound of boost everytime I did this. Meaning I'm already in boost when I let the clutch out from the line! Pretty awesome!

Another BIG (and in my opinion better) thing that the WOT Box does over GMPP is that instead of having to find that "zone" with the GMPP where it's like 6800rpms or something where the NLS will actually work; the WOT BOX will work anytime you have the gas floored past (I think) 4000rpms so you know you are going to be able to actually get a NLS everytime. I have a 2007 redline so my Trifecta won't engage the NLS feature and I haven't used it, but I would think it would be scary at that high of an rpm and having to worry about perfectly being in an RPM range to have the NLS work. If you are 50rpms short or long and try to do that without the NLS kicking in you better hope you have a perfect shift or it's prolly going to do some damage.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:41 AM

Update... I was testing it out this morning to get specific info on it. With the trifecta tune going from 2nd to 3rd I top out in 2nd at 23psi. I run 2nd out to red line then go to shift to third while keeping the gas floored. When I push the clutch pedal down the wot box senses the gas is floored and cuts spark for 350ms allowing me to easily shift to third. The kicker is that boost only drops to about 15psi during the shift and I had the windows down once I let the clutch out I could hear the tires chirping!

That's crazy when you think about it. At red line in 2nd I'm already doing close to 60 and then chirping into 3rd! It has to be creating an insane amount of torque at that speed to chirp tires!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Forgot to update this thread. So, at the track it definitely works~! I tried to do a normal launch without the 2step and bogged bad. Set the 2 step to 4000rpms and let her rip and got a 2.1 60' and set the NLS to .125mls and wound up with a 13.6 at 102. I know next year I'll be able to do better. I did that with full pressure street tires. If I lower the starting rpm to like 3700rpms I think I can get a 2.0, and if I lower the tire pressure to about 20psi then up the starting rpms again to 4000 I think I'd be able to get the sub 2 60'. Sucks I have to wait until next year though....
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Garage
MattM....get some tires with more flexible sidewalls and you'll drop that 60' too.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in