Results are in, 2/22/2019...GMPP Brake Reservoir is available - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Results are in, 2/22/2019...GMPP Brake Reservoir is available

No clue if this is the right place here on the Sky forum but why not. Please share as I've a lot of research invested and the outcome is positive.

Since few will dig into a thread that's been around a while, I am starting a new one. Original thread is: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...2018-a-156753/

The GMPP high capacity brake fluid reservoir is alive and well in the GM Europe parts system it seems. You just have to locate someone who will follow through with interest in helping obtain one. It's Alive! And it is real. Just got confirmation the 93172093 brake reservoir, (GMPP piece) is available and I have one on the way to me as I type this. Notice the attached photos. I posted in my original thread that it appeared the grommets, cap, low level electrical connection arm and securing screw would have to be obtained separately. Happily, it comes complete with the reservoir, new heavy cap, fluid level installed and two new grommets. If you do not reuse your original torx securing screw, you can get one at the source listed below. The SAAB part number is 93170487 and Matt can get that also.

There is also a billet aluminum cap available to complete the "look". https://www.esaabparts.com/search.ph...rake+Fluid+Cap The jury is still out on this cap and the 93172093 GMPP reservoir. Works great on the OEM Solstice/Sky reservoir in our cars at birth.

What do you think, have it engraved with the GXP logo (Red or Black Flag, Black GXP), Pontiac Arrowhead (Red), Saturn Sky/Redloine/Solstice outline (In your car's color of course) for the complete AR under hood detail few will have. You know you want to do this.

I'm going to state the contact information, as we often say something is available at...(like Crate Engine Depot, Amazon, etc.) and it may not be a forum sponsor. If this is wrong, just let me know, and why, please. I've been working on this for a long time and it is good to get an affirmative source.

Contact Matt at [email protected], phone 855-939-7222. Let him know you found the info on the Solstice Forum. You can mention my name if you wish. He has been very good to work with me on this quest. esaabparts.com is part of the Saab museum in Sturgis, SD so a purchase helps the museum as well.

Notice in the photos this is a genuine GM Europe part. This is as good as it gets. Love that Delorean time travel back to 2005 and the parts bin!

Richard Snipes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93172093 View One.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	104329   Click image for larger version

Name:	93172093 View Two.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	104331  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks!

Time to start modding.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Thanks, I ordered one last week. Mine is a track only car and this should be a nice upgrade.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in