RPM Motorsports Customer Service - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
RPM Motorsports Customer Service

Does anyone know what is going on with RPM Motorsports? I bought a CAI for my 2.4 NA last summer. It took so long to get to me that I didn't put it on the car before it went into storage in late October. When the warm weather returned in May I tried to install the CAI. No way was it fitting on the 2.4 Sky.

I contacted them and eventually sent it back to them for a refund. Two months later still no reply, several emails not returned and eventually I get an email asking where I sent the part as they can't find it. Needless to say I would not recommend them for anything at this point as there seems to be no one actually working there.

Porsche Karmin Red, Magna-flow Quad tip exhaust, RPM CAI, DDM Backbone, Windristrictor
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Garage
Well that makes me feel great. I just ordered the flashing third brake module from them. @Robotech most likely can check on it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I ordered an RPM Motorsports FMIC about 6 weeks ago, and it took less than a week to get here. No complaints, but that's only one order. Good luck!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
You may want to try and contact Martin through their FB page. Or one of the Kappa groups since he's seem to post on a regular basis in those.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would STAY AWAY from RPM Motorsports. My Sky LNF Water Pump failed and they said they would fix it. Several apparent attempts by them failed and they would not admit that they did not use the GM that holds the timing chain while the repair is made. Had a horrible whine after the repair (timing chain and balance shaft messed up from not using proper tools and procedure). Cost me over $2000 to have it fixed by a reputable shop (I have the receipts). I had several issues with check engine lights illuminating after their cal was loaded, the joints that connect their intercooler tubes leaked (repaired) and several other issues. There's no indication that of their mechanics are certified.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
You may want to try and contact Martin through their FB page. Or one of the Kappa groups since he's seem to post on a regular basis in those.
I would second this. Best way to get in touch with him.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:15 PM

Garage
I have never had any luck getting in touch with him unless he wanted something. I went out on limb buying this flasher. I ordered and have heard nothing from them since. Did pay for it with PayPal so will come out okay, but wanted it on the Ugly Rock before she drove it. Nothing came today, which I hoped it would. Requested USPS priority mail.

I just read the whole invoice. Pleas allow 6 business days for your item to ship. So it hasn't even shipped yet. Paid for two day shipping. Sorry Robo still have no use for this vendor.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Really poor communication and service compared to DDM. At the moment I am out the $200 or so for the CAI and the shipping charge here and back.

Porsche Karmin Red, Magna-flow Quad tip exhaust, RPM CAI, DDM Backbone, Windristrictor
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:53 PM

Garage
The part arrived today. I am happy to have it, and will install in the morning. 6 day processing is a long time. And that is exactly what it took. Would not have paid for 2 day delivery if I had realized that. My fault, but just not a normal turn around time these days.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
The part arrived today. I am happy to have it, and will install in the morning. 6 day processing is a long time. And that is exactly what it took. Would not have paid for 2 day delivery if I had realized that. My fault, but just not a normal turn around time these days.
Depends on the part and the way it's obtained. For an Amazon type deal, yea that's forever. For a drop shipper it's longer than normal. If they outsource the part I could see it taking some time. If they are selling a made to order part...

...lets just say we all know Norm's turn around time.

So I don't know what the story is on this part but sounds like there may be something in the acquisition pipeline that causes this part to take that long to process when ordered.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Garage
I buy a lot of stuff on line, 9 day turn around is not normal. Plus it would have been very nice if it worked. No instructions on changing the sequence, but didn't make much difference it did not work either way. Now I have a dangle that just connects wires for 90.00 and a 9 day wait. I will return when I get one from someone else that works. It will be my last dealings with what I consider a snake.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in