$52,000 Sky WOW - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:57 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
marlboromike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida
Posts: 17,015
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSkyDude View Post
So there was a purple Solstice posted for sale on craigslist and the owner claimed is was a one off special order factory painted Royal Purple. That car reminded me of this car so I did a little research on it. I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some info. As stated the car was won at auction by a Saturn dealer in Arizona for $52,000. It was then sold a couple of times and was wrecked and issued a salvage title in 2012. As of September of this rear the car is titled in Utah.

-
Rob the Elder can tell us if there was such an animal. I can tell u the only auction for a charity was a one of a kind Sky with the color cognac..it did go off at about 50K with designer seats...see post #1

Last edited by marlboromike; 10-04-2018 at 10:59 PM.
marlboromike is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 01:36 AM
Member
 
MeanYellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Cognac isn't even purple, anyway.
MeanYellow is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Rob the Elder can tell us if there was such an animal. I can tell u the only auction for a charity was a one of a kind Sky with the color cognac..it did go off at about 50K with designer seats...see post #1
I can say had experience with the domestic OEs and they will not do special one off colors. I had a customer at Lincoln request a special color on his MKS and they would not do it. He offered $50k and they wouldn't do it. They said that it creates a very valuable car later down the road and that if it ever needed to have the paint matched, it could not be done. I've also heard of GM doing the same. I would be surprised if they did do it.

Now on the other hand, another salesman had a customer trade in his Bentley Arnage with a custom factory paint he paid an extra $75k to get. It was a brown/copper color with beautiful orange/brown leather to set it off!!
The_Ghost is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SaturnSkyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Rob the Elder can tell us if there was such an animal. I can tell u the only auction for a charity was a one of a kind Sky with the color cognac..it did go off at about 50K with designer seats...see post #1
Thanks Mike. I read the first post and the whole thread before posting. This specific car sold at a charity auction on March 31,2006. According to CarFax, the first title issued was to the dealer in Arizona (see CarFax entries below). This would mean that either the dealership won the charity auction or the car was sold to the dealer by the winning bidder without being titled to the winning bidder. The car did not sell to the second owner until March 28, 2008.

05/26/2006 5 miles
Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept.
Scottsdale, AZ
Title #00E9006146102
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
Title or registration issued


03/28/2008 6,411 miles
Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #015H008087170
Title or registration issued
New owner reported


_

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
SaturnSkyDude is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 02:00 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SaturnSkyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanYellow View Post
Cognac isn't even purple, anyway.

If you actually read my post I was referring to both cars being painted a one off color. I never said that the colors looked the same.

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
SaturnSkyDude is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 02:16 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SaturnSkyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
I can say had experience with the domestic OEs and they will not do special one off colors. I had a customer at Lincoln request a special color on his MKS and they would not do it. He offered $50k and they wouldn't do it. They said that it creates a very valuable car later down the road and that if it ever needed to have the paint matched, it could not be done. I've also heard of GM doing the same. I would be surprised if they did do it.

Now on the other hand, another salesman had a customer trade in his Bentley Arnage with a custom factory paint he paid an extra $75k to get. It was a brown/copper color with beautiful orange/brown leather to set it off!!
GM does do custom colors at the factory. One example is the Mary Kay pink cars with one of the GM paint codes WA590Q. While these are not one off cars they are very limited production vehicles and sold exclusively to Mary Kay. The color listed for this car is Cognac Frost tricoat which is a GM paint color code WA472P. Below is a link to the compnine report for this car so maybe someone else can chime in on this. I believe Saturn had this car painted at the factory this way for the one off charity Sky.


Compnine report for 2007 Saturn Sky in Cognac Frost Tricoat



_

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
SaturnSkyDude is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
marlboromike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida
Posts: 17,015
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSkyDude View Post
GM does do custom colors at the factory. One example is the Mary Kay pink cars with one of the GM paint codes WA590Q. While these are not one off cars they are very limited production vehicles and sold exclusively to Mary Kay. The color listed for this car is Cognac Frost tricoat which is a GM paint color code WA472P. Below is a link to the compnine report for this car so maybe someone else can chime in on this. I believe Saturn had this car painted at the factory this way for the one off charity Sky.


Compnine report for 2007 Saturn Sky in Cognac Frost Tricoat



_
But this entire inquiry is about a PURPLE SOLSTICE...that is why I refer this to Rob.
marlboromike is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 03:32 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SaturnSkyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
But this entire inquiry is about a PURPLE SOLSTICE...that is why I refer this to Rob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSkyDude View Post
So there was a purple Solstice posted for sale on craigslist and the owner claimed is was a one off special order factory painted Royal Purple. That car reminded me of this car so I did a little research on it. I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to share some info. As stated the car was won at auction by a Saturn dealer in Arizona for $52,000. It was then sold a couple of times and was wrecked and issued a salvage title in 2012. As of September 2018 the car is titled in Utah.
Mike, please read my original post again. The purple Solstice being a one off paint color reminded me of this car that this entire thread is about which is also a one off paint color car.



_
marlboromike likes this.

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
SaturnSkyDude is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Mine isnít purple but itís also not 52K!
2009 Saturn Sky Redline Turbo, Carbon Flash with silver stripe. Factory installed spoiler and wind screen. $17,500! Beautiful car!!!
Monette Beers is offline  
Reply

  Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome