Daily driver? 07 Base 2.4, 41k miles, 2 owners. - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robotech
  • 1 Post By brachmw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Daily driver? 07 Base 2.4, 41k miles, 2 owners.

Hey guys,

I am looking at a Midnight blue, 07 base with 41, 835 miles ($7500.00).
Can it take being a daily driver? (90 mls a day) ....it seems sound and is actually pretty cherry but will I go nut with that 4 banger screaming for 1-2 hrs a day.

Thanks,

Cheers!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Garage
Short answer. Yes.

I have a 2007 Midnight Blue 2.4 I bought a few years ago with 44K miles on it. I daily drive it 45 miles one way to work in So Cal traffic every day. It has 132K on it now. About 60K of that is with a turbo charger on it. I also autocross it.

Plenty of life left in that car.
The Carrier likes this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Sounds familiar. Go for it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed2 View Post
...it seems sound and is actually pretty cherry but will I go nut with that 4 banger screaming for 1-2 hrs a day.
You won't hear the engine at all on the highway in a convertible, and you're definitely not giving modern 4 cylinder engines enough credit. My 4 cylinder Saab produces less noise traveling at 150 MPH than my (long departed) V8 powered CTS-V produced at 90 MPH.

And, since the car you're looking at is a base model, you won't hear what's easily the most unsettling noise in these cars, the HPFP.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
My Sky is my daily driver. And I love the car.

It depends. $7500 is a good price for a Base with low miles and financing. The color is good too. (I don't like silver.)

But if you can afford $13500 for a Redline get a Redline.(Even if it's silver :-)

Otherwise you might find yourself installing dual exhaust, new headlights, grille inserts and sway-bars - basically turning your Base into a Redline.

A Sky is not a good choice if it's your only vehicle.

And a Sky not a good if you want a quiet luxury vehicle.

A Sky is a very good choice if you want a convertible - and you love the styling of the car.

I have a SL2 beater which I use for occasional trips to the airport, very long commutes and for moving stuff. Can't get rid of it cause I need it.

If I were looking to buy a new car (and to own one vehicle) I'd get a red convertible 2015 camaro LT priced around $14,000.

Take a look at the MPG in the dash cluster. If you see a low number like 16.5 pass.

Last edited by Emmett; 10-11-2018 at 02:06 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Sky is a daily driver 2.4L with 60K miles. Bottom line is whatever makes you happy....
The Carrier likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett View Post

A Sky is not a good choice if it's your only vehicle.
This is very true and is the reason why I had to sell my first Sky.

You can daily a Sky but it is important to remember what you can and can't do. Need to make a trip to Lowes to pick up a ceiling fan? That's probably going to have to ride in the front seat. A 40lb bag of salt for a water softener...front seat. A large 3' diameter wall clock...ehhhhhhh...got a trailer?

The trunk is very limited on space and size of objects that can fit in it due to the huge "Mayan Temple" in the middle of it that is our gas tank. So depending on what you need to DO with the car, it is limited.

I had a 1997 Grand Prix (Heavily modified. Ran 12s in the 1/4 mile) that was supposed to be my toy and my car for doing things like that. It became unreliable and couldn't be counted on when I needed it for such thing. Thus I had to sell my Sky and get a Pickup Truck.

Fast forward to today and I STILL have that pickup truck and it STILL is doing truck stuff like hauling large items which won't fit in the Sky (or more than one passenger). But on a day to day basis, the Sky sees 95% of the miles I drive easily and getting a grocery cart full of stuff in it is more than doable...but the 24 pack of toilet paper has to go in the front seat.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in