Did i officially order my car? :D - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did i officially order my car? :D

actually, its a serious question... have I? or haven't I? my dealer faxed me this bill of sale for me to sign and fax back... but, does that mean my order is officially in? Bill of sale is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	billofsale.gif
Views:	174
Size:	413.5 KB
ID:	422  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:17 AM

I heard Crowfoot is ordering now as well...I imagine your vehicle has officially been ordered.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Your order with teh dealership is final I believe. However now your dealership has to allot your order to one of their allotments, place it in rank of their Sky orders, and have GM pick it up via Satelite. We're going to discover the joy of the GM order process soon and all the order stages. I'll try to find the list at the SOlstice forum and post it here.

Save the Kappa!
A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

sweet! he said i had been assigned to spot #5 i believe. I'll ask, next time i talk to him, if he's sent it via satellite yet
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101jinx101
sweet! he said i had been assigned to spot #5 i believe. I'll ask, next time i talk to him, if he's sent it via satellite yet
GM picks them up, dealers don't send them out. I think pickup is every Tue for Pontiac dealerships at least, information updates are every Thur. GM doesn't pick the orders up till they're ready to move on to the next steps of the process. So you'll sit at like the 1xxx order status for a while till GM starts pulling orders.

Save the Kappa!
A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101jinx101
actually, its a serious question... have I? or haven't I? my dealer faxed me this bill of sale for me to sign and fax back... but, does that mean my order is officially in? Bill of sale is attached.
All that means is you have an offical order at that dealership, nothing has been sent to GM at this time, and i talked to my dealer yesterday and he said ordering will take place "soon"... I am sure as soon as official ordering takes place they will have it in the computer system... Like many others have said, they haven' got an official 'Image" out yet and they need that to order by.

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

My dealer has me in a holding pattern too. He says there is nothing in the computer yet so he can't place an order. I to have a hand written order sheet.

The only thing interesting I noted from your order sheet is the "Factory Order Number". Does that mean your dealer has actually been in contact with Saturn or is this just a number he has put down to make you feel good. I don't know.

Anyway the hole bunch of us will be ordering the real thing within a month I suspect . I've told my dealer to call me as soon as I can order and that I'll come right in.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
This kinda confirms that CANADA is able to order and we are NOT...

Regards,

S.D.

2nd SKY: (Lucy)
2008 RED on Red/Black Lthr
RedLine
Delivered - 7/14/08
Loaded
Auto
3" Magnaflow, GMPP Tune,
Lil Chromies & CAI

1st SKY: (Traded)
2007 Silver Graphite
RedLine
Loaded (-6CD)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
bob
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In todays News Journal ( Wilmington Delaware's Paper) it says that "workers are gearing up for the launch of the Saturn Sky in the spring".
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 01:02 PM

Info for skys in illinois

I JUST got off the phone with my dealer in Central Illinois and was told that they do not know when the official ordering will begin. He did say that they will begin manufacturing the sky in February and they hope to have the first one in March at the dealership. He then said that they HOPE to have 5 by May. So me being 4th on the list here isn't too bad I guess. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMan 07
All that means is you have an offical order at that dealership, nothing has been sent to GM at this time, and i talked to my dealer yesterday and he said ordering will take place "soon"... I am sure as soon as official ordering takes place they will have it in the computer system... Like many others have said, they haven' got an official 'Image" out yet and they need that to order by.

Nobody on here wants to believe that some Canadian dealerships have their images and can/are ordering RIGHT NOW. Did everyone skip over the post where my image was there as clear as day? I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.

I am not calling you out SkyMan but your post seems to sum up the general feelings here. I am NOT LYING. Call Saturn of Langley, they have ordered...we have ordered...and I heard through the grapevine that Crowfoot has ordered too. The images were out here the week before Christmas...we had to wait until the District Sales Manager said we could order though...some dealerships have been told to go ahead and some have not. I do not know what the criteria is for getting the go ahead.

If anyone still does not believe me that is fine. I won't bring it up again.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 01:46 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSkyGuy
I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.
Well, that's pretty much how I feel! I did see your image but chose to block it out of my memory. I should also add that in my little world, the Solstice has yet to debut.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred
Well, that's pretty much how I feel! I did see your image but chose to block it out of my memory. I should also add that in my little world, the Solstice has yet to debut.
HA HA HA...ok fair enough. I'll shut up now!

We'll all be cruising in style soon enough. Does it really matter who gets to order first? I am sure you guys will have your units on the ground before me. It usually takes 8-10 weeks for our normal factory orders to get here and I am sure this is no normal order with the factory shift changes and training the new workers and so on.

Acutally...anyone know if they are going to have a "1st 1000" badge like the sols did? It actually looks pretty cool in the sols
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 02:48 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSkyGuy
Nobody on here wants to believe that some Canadian dealerships have their images and can/are ordering RIGHT NOW. Did everyone skip over the post where my image was there as clear as day? I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.

I am not calling you out SkyMan but your post seems to sum up the general feelings here. I am NOT LYING. Call Saturn of Langley, they have ordered...we have ordered...and I heard through the grapevine that Crowfoot has ordered too. The images were out here the week before Christmas...we had to wait until the District Sales Manager said we could order though...some dealerships have been told to go ahead and some have not. I do not know what the criteria is for getting the go ahead.

If anyone still does not believe me that is fine. I won't bring it up again.
I guess with the new homeland security stuff you need to have your orders in alot earlier than we do so they can look over the wording very carefully and make sure there are no coded messages in there

PS I have sent you a PM explaining something and maybe that will clear up some things between us.

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!

Last edited by SkyMan 08; 01-05-2006 at 02:58 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

yes, crowfoot is ordering as well, that is where i have my order in... I have my GM order number and, according to Brentil's magnificent list (good job and thank you, btw Brentil!) my status is right before #2500 right now. All i'm waiting on is for GM to "pick up" my order

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in